Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument

I'm a big hater of leather, which this fragrance has. Is it prominent? Will I hate this scent?

So far, I've only smelled the opening, in a store. Mouth watering to say at least.. What's the drydown like?

Default Re: L'Artisan Vanilla Absolument

I have not tried it. I've heard all sorts of things about this fragrance, like it smells like wet cardboard, pumpkin, egg nog etc. Others say it's mouth-wateringly gorgeous. Created by B. Duchaufour so i'm definitely anxious to try it. I recently considered blind buying it when L'artisan had their 70% off sale, but in the end I decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I have not tried it. I've heard all sorts of things about this fragrance, like it smells like wet cardboard, pumpkin, egg nog etc. Others say it's mouth-wateringly gorgeous. Created by B. Duchaufour so i'm definitely anxious to try it. I recently considered blind buying it when L'artisan had their 70% off sale, but in the end I decided against it.
    70% off sale?!?!? How could I miss that?

Not on me no...I don't remember getting any leather at all, but I'll give it a wearing tomorrow and we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    70% off is definitely worth the price in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    Just checked, it's actually still on, and its up to 75% off (Vanille is 50% off). You can get the 50ml for $60, and the 100ml for $83.

http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/shop/sale-usd.html

Very nice scent. Worth it IMO.

I don't get any leather at all from this. To me it smells like vanilla custard with the barest hint of brandy and maybe a touch of tobacco in the drydown. It's a pretty linear vanilla but it's very nice and quite unisex. Although it's initially very strong I find that it doesn't project very well after about 45 mins; then it becomes a skin scent.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Don't enjoy this for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Don't enjoy this for some reason
    What reason might that be?

happy is the bleu heart<3

No leather to my nose either ... It's a dark, booze-y vanilla laced with tobacco. I like it a lot.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I bought this and Coeur de Vetiver from fragrancenet. They have these and some other L'Artisans $64 for 50 ml and $94 for 100 ml. Use the 20% off coupon and you get it even cheaper. I used ebates and got an additional 12% when they had that deal though right now they are only offering 6% cash back.

As for the fragrance itself I really like it and don't get any leather out of it at all.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

On the UK site you can buy VA for 47 pound, considering the delivery from UK should be cheaper compared with USA.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I bought this and Coeur de Vetiver from fragrancenet. They have these and some other L'Artisans $64 for 50 ml and $94 for 100 ml. Use the 20% off coupon and you get it even cheaper. I used ebates and got an additional 12% when they had that deal though right now they are only offering 6% cash back.

As for the fragrance itself I really like it and don't get any leather out of it at all.
    Does the opening last throughout the scent life? If not, how is the drydown like? Thank you for your comment

Have to check that one out.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to check that one out.

Honestly I don't get much leather in it. Theres a prominent vanilla boozy note that remains throughout the whole of the fragrance and is quite smooth but it's roughed out by some spice. Theres lots of dry fruits coming in the mid and then tobacco which felt like it was trying to take over the boozy vanilla but didn't quite work out. It's a long lasting fragrance and is nice but I felt it was missing a lot and could have been so much more. The notes seem kinda meshed together and it just didn't live up to expectations, especially with the notes listed. I'd only get this if I saw it go for an amazing offer but quite frankly wouldn't use it much as it's hard to wear and seems fit for certain occasions. Solid frag just didn't live up to my needs so to say.

I find it reminiscent of Frapin 1697. Vanilla Absolument and 1697 have both boozy openings with dried red fruits. I find them rather hard to wear because of their challenging nature. Btw when Vanilla Absolument dries down, it gets better and becomes a mild vanilla scent.

Beautiful, utterly wearable work of art. Unfortunately, and much to my dismay, it's being discontinued THIS soon-thus the sales on both bottle sizes. They make these bizarre "business" decisions that are rather annoying-makes them look as if all they want to do is sell, rather than provide interesting works of arts for diverse perfume lovers. This "intelligent", gorgeous perfume is NOT at all "similar" to your old favorite vanilla scents, so you would do well to buy a bottle at these great prices while you can (I purchased a full size bottle myself just days ago, even though I still have my old "Havana Vanille" bottle.)

R.I.P. Havana Vanille

(Though it was never my thing, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre is out as well-an even newer scent. Fleur de Liane too, as unique and beautiful that "green" fragrance is.)

Very good fragrance. Slightly boozy vanilla with dried fruit notes and light spices. Reminds me of a cream soda. Not cloying at all. This is considered a novelty fragrance to me. Perfect for cold weather, but could be worn in spring with fewer sprays. To answer your question, I don't get any leather note with this one. A slight tobacco note (very faint) with this one. Blind buy that I'm glad I purchased.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Very good fragrance. Slightly boozy vanilla with dried fruit notes and light spices. Reminds me of a cream soda. Not cloying at all. This is considered a novelty fragrance to me. Perfect for cold weather, but could be worn in spring with fewer sprays. To answer your question, I don't get any leather note with this one. A slight tobacco note (very faint) with this one. Blind buy that I'm glad I purchased.
    I agree- the bad thing is that projection is quiet but everything is good..
    A bit of a safe vanilla..

I don't get any leather, perhaps a touch of smoke. The vanilla is anything but typical on my skin. Very dry with a bit of plastic and an animalic edge. The first wearing was difficult, but repetition is the key and further experience has revealed a complex and novel scent. But, if you don't like your scents a bit on the odd side this may not be for you.

I tested it again a couple of days ago. I don't care for it at all. The opening has a sharp, semi-greasy smell to my nose, and the vanilla is secondary. It dries down to just a so-so, unimpressive fragrance, and takes way too long to do so.

Too many other great vanilla fragrances, IMO, to consider this one. Not tempted in the least.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626