Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme ?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior homme

8 10.96%
  • L'instant de guerlain

5 6.85%
  • Dior homme intense

27 36.99%
  • L'instant de guerlain extreme

33 45.21%

Question Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme

If you had to choose one of these 4 fragrances which one would it be ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme

Haven't tried any of the above except DHI so I am not in a position to cast a fair vote Now if I could get my hands on some samples of the remaining 3 I can arrive at a better judgement.

Default Re: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme

Dior Homme (vintage formulation), followed by L'instant de Guerlain Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    My thoughts exactly

From Dior: Dior Homme...from Guerlain: l'Instant Extrème...from these four: Extrème...!

Lidge ftmfw
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    bingo, +1

L'instant de Guerlain Extreme for me, easily

I have vintage bottles of both of the Diors and they are good but L'Instant Extreme is great. Imo it has the better ingreidents and is more complex and the cocoa/vanille combo just brings that better satisfaction. The normal L'Instant is good by itself but a pale reflection compared to the Extreme.

L'instant de Guerlain Extreme

Relevant pic time!

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

i voted for L'instant de Guerlain Extreme as dhi has started to give me nausea . i will try dhi again in a month,hope my feelings change as i don't want to sell it..

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Tried them all, and my pick is L'instant de Guerlain Extreme.

The cocoa/vanille combo is amazing.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Relevant pic time!

Wow! Nice one
    That's going to be very useful for people searching for similarities between these bottles both now and in the future.

Dior homme. Unique.

Easy choice. LIDGE.

DH/DHI sickly, feminine, cloying, offensive mass market mess in a bottle with a cheap talcum powder drydown. Ghastly frag, truly ghastly.

In my opinion and according to my tastes, DHI would come first and any of the Instants as a second option (would hardly bother about DH for myself, though I might reconsider strictly if I had to buy this as a present for someone else, but DH for me: no).

Tried them all except for vintage Dior Homme. L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme is the best for me.

I own DHI and have tried LIDG, but can't find LIDGE anywhere. I've been checking Strawberrynet.com a few times a day to see if it comes available. Does anyone know if they still get it in occasionally?

Partially a lie - I was able to find a few bottles on Ebay, but they are $100+ and i'm not terribly trusting of Ebay as a source of fragrances (especially expensive ones).
    Last edited by Cade321; 25th September 2012 at 01:50 PM.

L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme hands down.

L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme but don't have to choose as I am lucky I have all four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_d9 View Post
    Tried them all except for vintage Dior Homme. L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme is the best for me.
    Honestly, there isn't THAT much of a difference between vintage DH or DHI to spend the extra $$ on IMO. I actually find my 2012 bottle of Dior Homme to be better than my vintage DH and reformulated DHI, haha.

LIDGE is the hands down winner in my book.

Which brings me to my next point... anyone in the US looking to get their hands on DHI ??

Dior homme is best for day wear, very versatile and pleasant scent with a good longevity. DHI works for me in the night time.

Dependent

Challenging! But i will pick Dior Homme. Its really the iris that makes it so very unique to me. Extremely classy scent. Close behind will be all the other three
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

LIDGE. Then Dior Homme.

I have Dior Homme Intense (Reformulated), L'Instant Extreme, L'Instant EDT, and I used to own Dior Homme (original)

Tough call between DHI and L'Instant Extreme but in terms of sheer sexiness.....I would have to say DHI. Love the way it smells on me. Love L'Instant Extreme as well. Both have given me compliments.

L'Instant EDT was fine....but it just smelled kind of 'old' to me....something an older person would wear. Dior Homme (original) had too much iris for my tastes.

Dhi

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have DHI, DH, and LIDGE. If I could only have 1 out of the 3, it would be Dior Homme Intense.