Code of Conduct

Default Palermo fragrances (make exact copies of other fragrances in EDP !!)

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has heard of Palermo fragrances ? basically what they do is, make exact copies of other fragrances (Mostly designer) except they do them in EDP versions.

Here is the best part, it's only $35 for 50ml.

A fellow user (Thanks John) sent me a copy of Tobacco Vanille, and It is amazing how long it lasts and how similar it is to the original Tobacco Vanille.

Here is their link:
    http://www.palermoperfumes.com.au/pr...en&productid=1

Damn it, should have posted this on the main board, because they deliver international. If mods can move it that will be great.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Default Re: Palermo fragrances (make exact copies of other fragrances in EDP !!)

I have tried some of their fragrances, and mostly, I am impressed.
    I have compared their frags with originals that I own. They do get most of them very close or identical to the originals, and I find that they last longer on my skin.

My wife likes the Dior Poison fragrances, and she also agrees that they smell VERY close to the originals.

Default Re: Palermo fragrances (make exact copies of other fragrances in EDP !!)

That sounds great, I'm just waiting for winter to grab Pure Malt. Might also grab D&G The One since the normal edt doesn't last or project at all.

Basenotes Member

You two made me purchase a 50mL bottle of Tobacco Vanille, the free shipping really got me, haha. I thought to myself "TV for $35? OK!" we'll see how it goes... Any ones you think might be even better than the original, John?

P.S. I was sad to see no Creed

Let me know your thoughts on the TV when you get it.
    Others worth trying in the TF range, are the Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir and Japon Noir. The Oud Wood I did not like.

Basenotes Member

Yeah I will (if I receive it before I ship off for work in a week). Might have to take a day to visit them next time I'm in Melbourne... They've got so many that it's insane to think that they could've developed them all to smell very close to the original.

I actually grabbed a bottle of D&G The One today, just to see if the EDP version will solve all the longevity and projection issues. If that goes well, might grab Allure Homme Sport for the Summer.

Basenotes Member

Yeah, tell me how those go as well. I'm hunting summer frags at the moment, but nothing really appeals to me...

I tried the Allure Homme Sport when I was in their store. It was very good. They did say it was a big seller for them.

I just bought some frags blind from the Grays online outlet, to try this summer. They are pretty cheap.
    Mugler Cologne 100ml $60 (sampled previously but never bought due to price)
    Caron le 3rd 125ml $47 (sampled in Myer but didn't buy due to price)
    Borsari Acqua Classica La Colonia 100ml $39 (Blind buy)
    Cartier Eau De Cartier Concentree Spray 100ml $72 (blind buy)

where exactly is the store located ?

There are 2 stores. One is at Harbourtown, near Costco. The other (which I believe is where the make and bottle the juice), is at 114 Wheat Sheaf Rd, Glenroy.

Basenotes Member

Just got it in the mail! Guaranteed next day delivery for free??? Nice!

Just had a spray on my hand and I have to say... The top certainly resembles TV for me, probably slightly less sweet than I remember... The spices also smell different, but I can't say for sure that it's definitely worse.

I'll keep you posted on how/if it changes

EDIT: Probably not the best day to be testing this though... It's >30 degrees here in Sydney...

EDIT 2: Linear, just like TV. Overall pretty happy with how similar it smells and longevity.
    Last edited by lotto; 11th January 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Really interesting. A shame they don´t ship abroad...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Really interesting. A shame they don´t ship abroad...
    Damn it.

Is it strange mine was ordered on Friday and it still hasn't been delivered ? I thought it would be here on Monday.

I would contact them if they guarantee'd next day delivery.

FINALLY ! 'D&G The One' arrived this morning.

Long story short, it smells almost identical to the original EDT version and I was very happy in that regard.
    Last edited by inc0gnito; 13th April 2013 at 03:02 PM.

How do the projection and longevity compare to those of the real thing?

- - - Updated - - -

My TV Palermo arrived yesterday (just stumbled over it on my back step when I went to hang washing this morning) and it's certainly a decent version of Tom Ford's original. I only ordered it on Thursday so the next-day shipping certainly worked to the ACT.

The projection seems slightly more muted than the real TV (I'll call Palermo's version PTV for brevity) and I only put it on an hour ago so won't speak to its longevity, but the scent is pretty close.

Based on my very bried experience, I find two key differences between the two (my observations may be incorrect, and change with further wear):

1) PTV's vanilla is more plasticky than in TV - if any of you have tried RoccoBarocco Fashion Man, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's nowhere near as bad as in Fashion Man, but the PTV has a noticeable synthetic scent that TV either doesn't have, or covers up; and

2) PTV has more noticable spices in it, primarily cinnamon, but I'd say there's some anise and cloves in there which I couldn't pick as readily in TV.

Not a bad $35 spent - the projection still seems better than most other fragrances around, and the scent is really quite close to TV. I'm happy I bought it; now I just need to wait for winter

Personally my PTV lasted for 20 hours on my wrist, obviously it wasn't as strong as when I initially sprayed it. I was pretty surprised to still be able to smell it after I woke up. Very long lasting stuff.

Too bad I didn't really have the experience with The One.

Sorry, inc0gnito, I was asking about the longevity of the Palermo 'The One' vs the real stuff. Is the longevity/projection any better than D&G's disappointingly short-lived original?

I suppose I should have quoted your previous post on it :S

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm just held my bottle up to the light, and there is a fairly large amount of floating/suspended solids in the fragrance.
    I wasn't expecting high-end quality for $35 a bottle shipped, but it's still a little off-putting.

Shame - I was interested in their Egoiste shower gel, but I'd say I'll skip it now.

How are your bottles, fellas?
    Last edited by timdoeswell; 19th January 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread with interest. Thanks to all of you for making this an interesting read. I'm thinking of buying Viktor and Rolf Antidote from them.

I'm just wondering : based on your experiences, do you think you would buy from Palermo again ?

Thanks

I'll still definitely experiment with Palermo, because even though I wasn't absolutely amazed with The One (7.5/10), I thought that Tobacco Vanille was a huge success.

I was going to grab Allure Homme Sport for the summer, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of hot weather coming up at all in Melbourne.

I think my next purchase will be once winter kicks in, I've been very excited to purchase A*Men Pure Malt.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Sorry, inc0gnito, I was asking about the longevity of the Palermo 'The One' vs the real stuff. Is the longevity/projection any better than D&G's disappointingly short-lived original?

I suppose I should have quoted your previous post on it :S

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm just held my bottle up to the light, and there is a fairly large amount of floating/suspended solids in the fragrance.
    I wasn't expecting high-end quality for $35 a bottle shipped, but it's still a little off-putting.

Shame - I was interested in their Egoiste shower gel, but I'd say I'll skip it now.

How are your bottles, fellas?
    Yeah, my bottle of tobacco vanille had sediment in it as well, don't know what could be from

Basenotes Member

Double post
    Last edited by lotto; 28th January 2013 at 01:56 AM.

How long was it lasting on your skin ?

Basenotes Member

About 12ish hours? Maybe longer

My TV has some sediment in it also. It doesn't bother me. Many of my more expensive frags have sediment also.
    Go to a store and have a look at Issey Miyake's Homme Intense, that stuff has heaps of sediment.

My TV is the earlier style bottle, just before the current, darker bottles came out, as can be seen in this pic.

I actually like the style of the new bottles, even though the cap is very hard to take off.

Thanks for the info fellas.

Anyone else end up purchasing from Palermo recently ? might pick up Edition Blanche.

Yeah i'm thinking of buying like 10 bottles today but not sure if I want to risk it as re-selling them will be difficult..maybe I should contain myself and get 1 first haha
    My top 10

1. Gucci Envy
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Gucci Rush for Men
    5. Viktor & Rolf Antidote
    6. D&G By Man
    7. Serge Lutens - Santal Majuscule
    8. Gucci Pour Homme
    9. Tom Ford Nerolo Portofino
    10. Dior Homme Cologne

Hey inc0gnito, sorry if you said it already and I didn't understand, but how was longevity/projection with The One from Palermo?

Hey guys, how are the fragrances from Palermo going now? Cheers in advance for your replies!