Code of Conduct

Smile Help me find a scent for my girlfriend!

Hi, I'm looking to choose a fragrance for my girlfriend, and I was looking for suggestions. I have found that I really like tuberose. I am thinking something that I can find for less than $100, maybe less than $150. Any help would be great!

Default Re: Help me find a scent for my girlfriend!

Fracas by Robert Piguet. Big and bold classic. Im I the UK, it retails at £75 here for 50mls. On my wish list!

Fracas is hardcore! I would recommend Petit Fracas instead, an updated version of the classic. It's expensive though. A more affordable option is Truth or Dare by Madonna.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Fracas is hardcore! I would recommend Petit Fracas instead, an updated version of the classic. It's expensive though. A more affordable option is Truth or Dare by Madonna.
    Oh, Farcas is certainly not shy but a single spray goes a long, long way (I need hardcore, nothing else lasts on me!) Im now curious about petite fracas.....

Two tuberose fragrances that seem to get talked about a lot are Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens and Carnal Flower by Frédéric Malle, but unfortunately they are both pricey. There is also La Chasse aux Papillons and the Extrême version by L'Artisan Parfumeur... I have never personally smelled either, but I think they are quite popular, and you should be able to find a bottle for less than $150.

Bois de Paradis by Delrae is nice. Especially if you want the tuberose to be present but not dominant.

Truth or Dare is really an amazing tuberose fragrance. It's gentle and vivid.

Blog Entries

+1 for Truth or Dare.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hi BenR08. It's nice that you are looking for a fragrance for your girlfriend and that you are thinking about Tuberose because you like it. BUT a word of caution. Not everyone does like Tuberose. Are you sure that she will? If you do think that she likes Tuberose notes then you have some great suggestions here, but Carnal Flower is over your budget. I agree with furrypine, Fracas is not an approriate blind buy for someone. Neither is Tubereuse Criminelle.

Truth or Dare might be good, or La Chase Aux Papillons and they are certainly on budget, but maybe you should drop some hints or get some clues before you spend a lot of money on an expensive fragrance that she doesn't like. Mind you, you could always wear it!!

Angel

Basenotes Plus

Do Son from Diptyque is a nice tuberose. In the EDT version, should be in your price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Hi BenR08. It's nice that you are looking for a fragrance for your girlfriend and that you are thinking about Tuberose because you like it. BUT a word of caution. Not everyone does like Tuberose. Are you sure that she will? If you do think that she likes Tuberose notes then you have some great suggestions here, but Carnal Flower is over your budget. I agree with furrypine, Fracas is not an approriate blind buy for someone. Neither is Tubereuse Criminelle.

Truth or Dare might be good, or La Chase Aux Papillons and they are certainly on budget, but maybe you should drop some hints or get some clues before you spend a lot of money on an expensive fragrance that she doesn't like. Mind you, you could always wear it!!
    That was my first thought, too. Because for me tuberose is a disqualifier when testing a new fragrance.

Fracas might be a bit too much for some. Petit Fracas is a good option. It's a delicious chocolatey, fruity floral. I also second Truth or Dare as a more affordable alternative. I recommend Carnal Flower, but as Foustie says, it's over your budget.
    Do happy

Thanks for the suggestions! She already has flowerbomb which I like but I wanted to find her a tuberose fragrance, as it is my favorite and she does like it (I believe, she has previously liked michael kors which I think is tuberose). I will go try out Truth or Dare, and maybe order a sample of carnal flower. She doesn't use much so she might not need a whole bottle.

Basenotes Plus

You should also try Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder.

Give Versace Blonde a sniff. It packs a punch but is Tuberose
    to the max!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Fracas is the best tuberose, in my opinion, but it is expensive. Carnal Flower too.
    You can try Truth or Dare Madonna or Gracious Tuberose Gucci.

Overcome By Fumes

Boucheron

My favorite tuberose by far is Carolina Herrera - warm, creamy and honey-ed without be overwhelming if you apply it sparingly.