Code of Conduct

Default Anyone prefer LIDG to LIDGE?

Sorry if this thread has been done before, I think it has maybe, I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find it through the search.

So, today I wore LIDGE from my sample on my left hand, and LIDG from my bottle on my right. I really have a lot of hate for the opening of LIDGE, it's too dirty, and too intense on the patchouli. Though as it dries it reminds me of LIDG's opening more so. LIDG on the other hand, this stuff is awesome on me, I wish it lasted longer though, I only get about 5 hours, with very close projection. The patchouli isn't as intense, it's not as dirty, the cocoa seems to be stronger, and it's all well rounded with some citrus notes.

To me, LIDGE just an overdose of patchouli, especially in the first 2 hours. The cocoa isn't "extreme" but the patchouli is. LIDGE does last very long on me though, at least 10 hours.

Is there anyone else who prefers LIDG to the insanely popular LIDGE?
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Default Re: Anyone prefer LIDG to LIDGE?

Ah now it shows down in similar threads!
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

I've owned both of these and LIDGE I've owned multiple times, but I just couldn't grow to love it. It's the way the patchouli and star anise mix in the opening that I don't care for. The iris and cocoa in the opening of Dior Homme Intense fits better along with the vanilla base. Both LIDG and LIDGE blasts a mishmash of all the notes, but I like the citrus in LIDG which is very quiet in LIDGE. It's a cleaner more aromatic fragrance like DHI. Also, your right about the cocoa note. I don't think it's stronger, but it's easier to identify and enjoy because it doesn't have that heavy patchouli dominating it.
    Last edited by silentrich; 12th March 2014 at 10:34 AM.

I don't know, sometimes i think that i prefer the LIDG, other times the LIDGE. The LIDGE seems to be restricted to only winter days, it's very strong and indeed heavy on patchouli (which for me smells like chocolate). What i think that it's ODD is that in past i have a very distinct perception about those two, they seemed to follow very different paths on my skin, but now i notice them very similarly on some days.
    I also enjoy the summer versions of LIDG, too bad that they are not easily found anymore.

Prefer LIDG - far more versatile and easy to wear. Never owned LIDGE nor likely to.

Lidge

LIDG for me.
    MadHat Scents

MadHat Peel - (Citrus, Fruit, Bergamot, Vetiver, Woods) Limited Edition Summer Fragrance ONLY 25 Bottles Available *15 of 25 Remaining Currently

Skiff (Floral Mukhallat, Tropical Fruit, Ambergris Tincture, Pacific Red Cedar) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins) / Khus (Ruh Khus, Sandalwood, Rose, Geranium)

Lidg

I've always liked LIDG a lot, and the first time I owned LIDGE it was just too sweet and syrupy to me and i got rid of it. But after reading all the marvelous reviews again and time again I decided to have another go on LIDGE. This time it'snot only about a sweet scent, but a more intese version of the EDT, which I think can be very handy for when you just want a stronger LIDG, and it does feel more luxurious and classy, too. so, I wouldn't like to have to choose between them, at all.

I also prefer LIDG to LIDGE.

If you made me pick, it would be LIDGE.
    There is something about both that repulses me.
    I prefer DHI and Midnight in Paris EDP.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Chopard - Oud Malaki

THE BIG SELLOFF! - Hermes Bel Ami / Polo Crest / Lubin L'eau Neuve / MIP EDP / CSP Vanille Mokha + Samples! - Updated 04/24
    Wanted: None

Own both and love them equally.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I can't help but think that LIDGE is much more popular simply because it is harder to find. Personally I think both are nice scents, but neither is FBW for me.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. Xerjoff - Fars
    5. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Creed - Green Valley
    7. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

I prefer LIDG. I really like LIDGE but something about it plays too many disappearing games with my nose and I cant smell it very well. LIDG on the other hand, I can smell consistently through its shorter life span. The citrus and cocoa in LIDG is more prominent to my nose as well which I like a lot. It would be a much closer call if I could detect LIDGE longer on me.

Basenotes Junkie

I much prefer LIDG

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I can't help but think that LIDGE is much more popular simply because it is harder to find. Personally I think both are nice scents, but neither is FBW for me.
    Agreed on all counts.

Lidg
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Own both and love them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I don't know, sometimes i think that i prefer the LIDG, other times the LIDGE. The LIDGE seems to be restricted to only winter days, it's very strong and indeed heavy on patchouli (which for me smells like chocolate). What i think that it's ODD is that in past i have a very distinct perception about those two, they seemed to follow very different paths on my skin, but now i notice them very similarly on some days.
    I also enjoy the summer versions of LIDG, too bad that they are not easily found anymore.
    I know what you mean with patchouli smelling like chocolate. Patchouli just smells like a dirty dark chocolate to me, very semi-sweet.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Patchouli is one of my favorite basenotes (along with tobacco and amber), so I really like LIDGE. I loved LIDG when I first smelled it, but now I when I go back to it, it seems a little "hollow" to me.

Basenotes Plus

Spent an hour this evening smelling and reveling in LIDG. This may be a full bottle buy for me this weekend. Smelled quite a few from guerlain and enjoyed them all. LIDG is quite quite good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

LIDG is good but weak, LIDGE is awesome and strong. Love the stuff!

Own both but prefer LIDG.

Like both, will most likely own both in future, but still prefer LIDGE to LIDG, however my preference is favor of the first is minimal. I genuinely like LIDGE for the extra gourmand spiciness and being slightly "louder", but oddly in a pleasant way.

Basenotes Member

I don't care for either of them, but if forced, I'd choose LIDGE.

LIDGE gets my vote. I really enjoy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I do, LIDG is tolerable. Can't stand LIDGE.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Sorry if this thread has been done before, I think it has maybe, I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find it through the search.

So, today I wore LIDGE from my sample on my left hand, and LIDG from my bottle on my right. I really have a lot of hate for the opening of LIDGE, it's too dirty, and too intense on the patchouli. Though as it dries it reminds me of LIDG's opening more so. LIDG on the other hand, this stuff is awesome on me, I wish it lasted longer though, I only get about 5 hours, with very close projection. The patchouli isn't as intense, it's not as dirty, the cocoa seems to be stronger, and it's all well rounded with some citrus notes.

To me, LIDGE just an overdose of patchouli, especially in the first 2 hours. The cocoa isn't "extreme" but the patchouli is. LIDGE does last very long on me though, at least 10 hours.

Funny, how your reaction to the LIDGE opening reminded me exactly my initial reaction to it the very first time I smelled it (paper)
    I immediately thought : this stuff is way too strong !!!
    After some time (months later) , I decided to get back to it and test on my skin...and I really loved it, then...I really discovered a fragrance totally completely satisfying my taste...a part of me !

Later on, I bought LIDG. I do love it...a lot...and I live in the Tropics, so it's surely more versatile for me...longevity is good, projection is average, subtle, but it's there and I get very nice whiffs when my activity is increasing...Fantastic fragrance for sure !

I love both...but still prefer LIDGE. (personally love patchouli, though...).

Love them both, edge to LIDGE