Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Best teenage fragrance? And Any teens out there?

Hello! My name is Cody and at 14 years old I'm one of the younger basenotes out there, however it would be awesome if I had some people of similar age to myself to correspond with. So any teens out there feel free to add/ message me! Anywho, I have seen some threads related to discussion of appropriate scents for teenagers, however found the majority of lists.... "distasteful" at best. I own roughly 30 designer fragrances and I was wondering if there were any more... Refined, or perhaps "deeper" fragrances that anyone would suggest to me that would be good for someone my age. Note that I wear angel men, so im open to much more than the typical "Mall" scent.

Thank you for your time,
    Cody

Default Re: Best teenage fragrance? And Any teens out there?

M Generation by Mauboussin (definitely not a teen here)

I'm a senior in high school here, and I can say that once you move on from middle school where every guy wears Axe or Old Spice, every guy in high school will be wearing aquatics. So if you want to be unique then stay away from aquatics. The only other piece of advice I have is to never over apply, because nobody wants to be suffocated in a classroom.

Sound Scents

Definitely not a teen, but something like Bergamotto Marino by Ferré should do nicely and is reasonably priced. Another might be He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by DSquared2.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Noble Cedre and Noble Vetiver are nice & complex. Both take after thier names.

- 30 year old teenager

for swap/sale:

Then rules of the internet state that young boys are all FBI agents lmfao.

Mkk

Well... You are 14 and you said you own 30 designer fragrances and you want something more refined, deeper. I think I know what you mean, looks like you have a lot of common designer fragrances and you want masterpieces right?
    Well we have a lot of points to talk about here. When we talk about "teenager frangrances", we talk about fragrances that are cheap and still have good performance, non agressive, safe buys etc... You will always see the common stuff on the Top 10-5 fragrances for teenagers (acqua di gio, one million, cuba gold, 360red, nautica voyage, tommy, a&f fiece, etc).
    I don't think we can see refined, deeper, masterpieces recommended for teenagers. But I don't agree with "age restriction", "age recommendation". I think it has to do with your maturity, your personality, what/how you are dressing and the place/event you are going to. You are 14 and you wear angel men, I'm 16 and I wear angel men too, it's one of my favorites and all the reviewers recomment it if or 21+, 25+.
    Now answering your question, IMO the type of fragrances you are asking for are not rated as "teenage fragrances". But anyway, I checked you wardrobe and you should try guerlain, chanel, dior or even the niche. But keep in mind that you have to think about what situation you are going to wear this kind of fragrance. When I was 14 I didn't use to go the the places I'm going now,I didn't use to go out with the people I'm going out now, just 2 years later.

I'm 16, and I get a TOON of compliments at school!
    Most complimented colognes that I wear
    1) Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    2) Guici Guilty
    3) YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

My friends always seem to get compliments with
    1) D&G Light Blue
    2) Bvlgari Aqua + Aqua Marine

I would also say PE 360 Red is a great scent!
    Also forgot,
    The one by D&G.
    People I know will wear "complex" scents to school, but mostly it doesn't do to well. Girls noses really aren't that mature, and I mean we wear colognes for ourselves, but lets be honest... It's mostly for the girls! All of those will make you stand out!

I usually recommend Boss Bottled whenever someone asks for a refined, yet young scent.

Overcome By Fumes

Jaipur Homme

high school senior. I have to agree with BenR08 in that anything other then an aquatic is relatively unique. Personally I have Angel Men and I liked it but when I bought Pure Malt it was much better imo and definitely more versatile for class and for our age group in general. For me I like to have a mix between uniqueness and complement factor. Apart from Pure Malt, which I think is your best option, I would recommend La Nuit de L'Homme, 1 Million, John Varvatos, Rochas Man, Allure, and Code. Obviously these are in no way unique however for high school I doubt more that 1 or 2 people will be wearing anything other then ADG or something similar.

You have the classics, Acqua di gio and D&G?