Code of Conduct

Thread: Animale Animale

Default Animale Animale

I LOVE the smell of Pure Havane and I LOVE the smell of Givenchy Pi. Is this similiar to those? How is the sillage and longevity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Animale Animale

It is nothing like the two you mentioned. To me it has a very synthetic scent. You would be better of with Tsar from Van Cleef & Arpels. It's similar in scent with strong longevity and sillage.
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Post Thanks / Like

It's somewhat similar to Pure Malt (have not tried PH) and A*Men.

Post Thanks / Like

The opening is similar to Pure Havane's and the dry down is similar to A*men. What differs is that it's not as strong as A*men and combines oakmoss and chocolate instead of patchouli and chocolate. Let's not forget that this came before those so this is what they copied off of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The opening is similar to Pure Havane's and the dry down is similar to A*men. What differs is that it's not as strong as A*men and combines oakmoss and chocolate instead of patchouli and chocolate. Let's not forget that this came before those so this is what they copied off of.
    Agreed.

Not as strong as in it doesn't last or not as strong as in the projection is moderate? I want to use this as a party fragrance, would it work in that regard?

Post Thanks / Like

Word.

Animale Animale is like a classier, barely dated A*Men without the patchouli, without the nasty plasticky helional and without the nasty black tar, but instead with a dated "aftershave" note, and dated mossy/woody notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Not as strong as in it doesn't last or not as strong as in the projection is moderate? I want to use this as a party fragrance, would it work in that regard?
    If you want a drier, classier, slightly more 'close quarters'-friendly, party-version of A*Men, just get Taste of Fragrance. It's the best A*men flanker besides Pure Havane IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    I find Animale Animale strong. I like it a lot, but it is actually headache-inducing if you are careless with the sprayer. I do half-sprays on my neck/back, chest, and arms, and it lasts forever. The projection is pretty good, too.

Very different to me.

Aa has patchouli in it, so much it keeps me from wearing it often. They are almost identcal. Quality of ingredients used might me the only diference.
    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Word.

Animale Animale is like a classier, barely dated A*Men without the patchouli, without the nasty plasticky helional and without the nasty black tar, but instead with a dated "aftershave" note, and dated mossy/woody notes.

- - - Updated - - -
    AA has patchouli in it, so much that its the main reason why I don't wear it much. If you already have. Ph there is no then I would skip buying aa since they are nearly similar.
    If you want a drier, classier, slightly more 'close quarters'-friendly, party-version of A*Men, just get Taste of Fragrance. It's the best A*men flanker besides Pure Havane IMO.
    - - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't. Use it as a party scent the quicker you sweat on it the faster it turns to stale patchokli.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    It is nothing like the two you mentioned. To me it has a very synthetic scent. You would be better of with Tsar from Van Cleef & Arpels. It's similar in scent with strong longevity and sillage.
    Tsar smells absolutely nothing like the long lasting, chocolatey Animale Animale. Are you perhaps confusing it with Animale?
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently purchased Animale Animale after reading favorable reviews , loving the scent when sprayed from the bottle but it really doesn't seem to last a few minutes on my skin!
    Anyone who has Animale Animale could you please tell me how many sprays of the juice do you usually put on ?
    Many Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I go 4 sprays. 1 on the back on the neck, 2 on the chest, and 1 on the front of my shirt. Stuff projects and lasts all day long for me. Give it a couple of more wearings and ask others if they can smell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This juice is strong, so max of two sprays distributed to chest, and arms -- more than that, I get a headache. I use this only at night so I wake up to its nice drydown in the morning.

This one went under the radar for me. Have to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

There must be something wrong with my bottle,4 sprays with one onto my shirt one and half hour later nothing !

It's dissimilar to the two you mentioned in the sense that it won't be mistake for them, but it fits in the same broad category as those two. I'm pretty fond of AA, and got quite a bit of use out of it last year. The body wash that comes in the gift set is pretty nice as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    It's dissimilar to the two you mentioned in the sense that it won't be mistake for them, but it fits in the same broad category as those two. I'm pretty fond of AA, and got quite a bit of use out of it last year. The body wash that comes in the gift set is pretty nice as well.
    I didn't realize that this had a body wash. I've been using Axe Dark Temptation shower gel and it also does really well with AA.

Yeah, fragrancenet had a gift set available when I bought it a little over a year ago, and it came with a body wash and aftershave balm. The balm is just okay, it moisturizes well enough but has a slightly plastic smell in it, so the scent doesn't do justice to the edt. The shower gel is fantastic though, incredibly balanced between green earthiness and sweet gourmand elements. I was sad when I used up my bottle.

I didn't realize that this had a body wash. I've been using Axe Dark Temptation shower gel and it also does really well with AA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Yeah, fragrancenet had a gift set available when I bought it a little over a year ago, and it came with a body wash and aftershave balm. The balm is just okay, it moisturizes well enough but has a slightly plastic smell in it, so the scent doesn't do justice to the edt. The shower gel is fantastic though, incredibly balanced between green earthiness and sweet gourmand elements. I was sad when I used up my bottle.
    I'm going to hunt a bottle down. Sounds fantastic. Thanks!