Code of Conduct

Thread: Clean scents

Default Clean scents

Anyone else kind of really like these? I have smelled Clean Skin and Cotton T-Shirt in store, and actually I really love both of them!!!! There's one that smells exactly like laundry detergent, not a fan of that one. I'm thinking I might try to turn DBF onto them since he's been looking for a "clean" scent that doesn't bother me (and if he doesn't wear it I will.)

Default Re: Clean scents

Tbh, I don't see the point of these 'ean' scents. Might as well put an extra capful of fabric conditioner into the wash.

They are full of cheap musks and created for the American fad of non scents.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, I don't see the point of these 'ean' scents. Might as well put an extra capful of fabric conditioner into the wash.

They are full of cheap musks and created for the American fad of non scents.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I definitely can't add extra fabric softener because it makes me break out to use any!

I think I would have already bought a bottle if it weren't for the cost. I don't particularly fancy paying $60 a bottle to smell like laundry detergent. But they ARE nice scents though!

Personally have no problem with them.

There are some clean scents that I truly enjoy and have the advantage of still not being exact transcripts of laundry detergents/fabric softeners etc., Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco being the first example that comes to my mind.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive one I could try? The "Clean" brand costs around $60 a bottle, which is a lot (though they are maybe the best I've smelled so far.) I cannot do "aquatic", I do not like "aquatic" scents at all (that synthetic chemically i.e. Aqua di Gio).

CologneFan85

Prada's and Givenchy Play Sport

Not a fan of the Clean line. Too functional. If one really wants clean softeners and the like, I feel the Prada Infusion de cost more or less the same and are better worked out (though I'm not a fan either).

For a truly good laundry smell, there's $$$ Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis. Which is in fact also a laundry detergent, which costs like a perfume ($40 for 1liter detergent). I do use it ....

cacio

Try Body Shop's White Musk for Men. Full retail is about $30 for a 3.3 oz bottle but they have sales quite often and you can get it for even less.

Prada brand
    Cerruti Image (Man)

I'll agree that the Clean perfumes smell good, BUT to me they don't belong on skin. With the possible exception of the one that's actually called Skin. There just is nothing about them that smells even remotely human. I had a bottle of the one called "Fresh Laundry" and literally used it as a laundry spray because like you I'm allergic to fabric softener.

Byredo Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Try Body Shop's White Musk for Men. Full retail is about $30 for a 3.3 oz bottle but they have sales quite often and you can get it for even less.
    I'll have to check it out...I wish there was a Body Shop around here!

I'm eyeing up Sea Island Cotton from BBW...I guess I'll have to go in-store and try it. Am afraid there's that ghastly aquatic note in there.

Whatever you do stay far away from the one called Simply Soap. It's probably the most disgusting smelling fragrance I've ever tried. This line seems to be full of nondescript crowd pleasers, but that one is absolutely vile.

Update: I went to BBW and picked up both Sea Island Cotton and Coconut Lime Breeze body mist in the small size. I couldn't decide between them and the small sizes were on sale 3 for $10 (I gave the third one to my friend as a late Christmas prezzie.) I'm quite impressed with these! They're what I wanted, light, clean scents for a good price.

I'm also very impressed with the atomizers on the new bottles. Much, MUCH better than the old one. They're nothing like the basic "body spray" atomizers at all.

Basenotes Member

joop nightflight

Basenotes Plus

For clean i'd recommend the following

Gendarme by Gendarme - to me it smells just like hot laundry.
    Prada Ambre pour homme - upscale chic clean for men.
    Prada infusion - just clean clean clean.
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

EASY...

Clean begins and ends with MOLECULE 01.

If you like soapy clean then try Prada amber and amber intense