Code of Conduct

Default What Should I Get Next?

Hi, new here, and also new to the cologne game.

I recently purchased YSL L'homme, Pure Malt and A*Men, I'm planning on getting a few fragrance in the near future and wondering what you guys think I should get? A summer fragrance? I've been thinking about Issey Miyake Pour Homme for a summer frag and some others but aside from that I don't know what I should be looking towards getting next!

Looking to spend $100 max!

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: What Should I Get Next?

Perhaps Burberry London

Sound Scents

Our tastes are just about polar opposites as I don't care for any of the scents in your OP, but L'eau d'Issey pour Homme is tied for my least liked fragrance. That may mean you will love it, of course... ;-) My typical recommendation for folks seeking out that one is to try Bellagio for Men by Parlux instead, as it is a lot less expensive and it is in the same vein but better smelling IMO. Another to check out is Bergamotto Marino by Ferré.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Burberry London
    This.

Blog Entries

I'm under the impression that you've sampled L'Eau D'Issey already. If you like it, then go for it. For my summer recommendation, I suggest you sample Bleu de Chanel. Allure Homme Sport gets a lot of love here, but I'm not really a fan of it.

Maybe give Spicebomb a try.

Anything but L'eau d'Issey pour Homme. Perhaps Dior Homme.

Overcome By Fumes

Habit Rouge

I forgot to add, the blind will be a blind buy. No I have not smelt Issey Miyake's Pour Homme. I'm seeing what season you guys think I should buy for and what I should buy? I have no summer frag currently.

Dcampbell

If you are wanting to round out your collection then yes I would suggest you go something built for warmer weather. I as well as everyone strongly suggest against blind buying, but a safe choice would be something like Bleu De Channel or I would even suggest Versace Pour Homme. If you like lemon you can go Allure Edition Blanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcampbell View Post
    If you are wanting to round out your collection then yes I would suggest you go something built for warmer weather. I as well as everyone strongly suggest against blind buying, but a safe choice would be something like Bleu De Channel or I would even suggest Versace Pour Homme. If you like lemon you can go Allure Edition Blanche.
    I'm in Canada so it's hard to sample some of the scents. That's why. But thank you. Still looking for more feedback

Then buy a summer fragrance. I dont like Issey Miyake but something like Carolina Herrera 212 or Chanel allure homme sport should do the trick for summer. For winter i would go with Burberry London, its not expensive and its a unique fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by lowplaces View Post
    I'm in Canada so it's hard to sample some of the scents. That's why. But thank you. Still looking for more feedback
    I'm in Canada as well, it's quite easy for me to sample most scents. Do you live near a The Bay, Sears, Sephora, or Shoppers Drug Mart? For niche scents check out Holt Renfrew.

We have very commom tastes .
    You should try:
    Allure homme sport / Allure edition blanche (a bit similiar)
    Mont Blanc Legend / Platinum Egoiste (a bit similiar)
    The one (this one is very good in the summer and also in the winter!! GREAT smell, compliment getter, but in some people it lacks projection and silliage)
    Another frag is a little bit up what you are able to pay but IMO really worth it is Millesime Imperial by Creed (You can find about 120-140 dollars on ebay)

Channel Allure Blanche or Allure