Code of Conduct

Default I love L'Anarchiste, Troisieme and Pour un Homme. Will i Like Yatagan?

What a great house is Caron. And for its price, its amazing. At first time i always ask myself: what is this??? Then, the next time i wear one Caron scent i start understanding it´s beauty and trully fell in love for all of them. Seems like Yatagan is more difficult(?) to wear... is there anybody here that likes all Caron´s line? I think i'll take also Parfum Sacre EDP as i found it for a good price too. Love you all!

Default Re: I love L'Anarchiste, Troisieme and Pour un Homme. Will i Like Yatagan?

I love and have the entire Caron men's line. My bet is that you will like Yatagan also.

Default Re: I love L'Anarchiste, Troisieme and Pour un Homme. Will i Like Yatagan?

Yatagan is not for the weak. I liked but not enough to own a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I love and have the entire Caron men's line. My bet is that you will like Yatagan also.
    Me too.

A powerhouse and I like it. Has a special place in my heart and a MUST for fragrance collectors IMO.

I own all the Caron's masculines with the exception of Yuzu Man and love them all. That being said Yatagan is completely different form the others you mentioned. Much more challenging than L'Anarchiste and definitely more testosterone oriented than Troisieme Homme. Re Parfum Sacrè, while I definitely like that stuff, there are better options in the Caron's range (e.g. a bunch of their extraits)...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

My favorites in the caron line are l'anarchiste and yatagan. Yatagan is very distinct though. The animalic quality is different than all three, it's vegetal unlike all three, and it doesn't have a drop of sweetness in it.

Liking the other three is in no way a guarantee that you'll like yatagan.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    This.

Yatagan is one of my absolute fav frags everrr. I don't enjoy the other Caron masculines. (Haven't tried Yuzu Man yet.)

Not necessarily, it's quite different to the others you've mentioned. If you like piney old school scents, then it may be for you.

did you also try Yuzu Man?

I find it as stern As Le Troisième Homme. It is very different from that one, but the no-bullshit quality, plus a fantastic construction, puts it in line with the rest of the Caron masculines. I am pretty certain that you will enjoy it as well. Yatagan is a little wonder.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Not necessarily, it's quite different to the others you've mentioned. If you like piney old school scents, then it may be for you.
    agree

My favorites in the caron line are l'anarchiste and yatagan. Yatagan is very distinct though. The animalic quality is different than all three, it's vegetal unlike all three, and it doesn't have a drop of sweetness in it.

This is, to the letter, what I would have said.

This is, to the letter, what I would have said.

Banned

I wish I had the endurance to get hold of vintage bottles of Yatagan and Le Troisième Homme. In the current shape I find these all too polite (short-lasting, no sillage, overspraying is due to get some substance out of it etc.). But I can guess from descriptions in the review-section how they most have been in times gone by.

Yatagan is totally wearable, surprisingly, if that's what you're worried about. It's like beef stock, a pine forest, and musky sweat rolled into one beautiful fragrance. It's one of my very most favorite fragrances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I find it as stern As Le Troisième Homme. It is very different from that one, but the no-bullshit quality, plus a fantastic construction, puts it in line with the rest of the Caron masculines. I am pretty certain that you will enjoy it as well. Yatagan is a little wonder.
    Therein lies the perfect description of what makes Caron's masculine line so amazing.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I wish I had the endurance to get hold of vintage bottles of Yatagan and Le Troisième Homme. In the current shape I find these all too polite (short-lasting, no sillage, overspraying is due to get some substance out of it etc.). But I can guess from descriptions in the review-section how they most have been in times gone by.
    Vintage Yatagan is thicker/chalkier and probably 20% more potent but not that different. I like the elegance of the new formulation.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting point, MonkeyBars.

I, personally, find Vintage Le Troisieme Homme in Vintage formulation to be exquisite (a near masterpiece) - however, current formulation is also excellent and what I wear more often...sometimes with a spray or two of Vintage to enjoy, blended into the wearing. I got lucky recently and found a perfect 100ml Vintage Splash After Shave of Le Troisieme Homme for a steal. It is fantastic and layers the wearing to perfection...

The house of Caron is uncompromising in their commitment to creating wonderful compositions over the years - and maintaining the vast majority of the beauty in their reformulations. Undeniably, one of my favorite houses of olfactory art...

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Vintage Yatagan is thicker/chalkier and probably 20% more potent but not that different. I like the elegance of the new formulation.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Basenotes Junkie

As others have mentioned it's quite different from any of those 3. Though, of the ones you mentioned, it's closest to Troisieme Homme. It's definitely worth trying.