Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Wait, what? I'm not sure if you messed up with what you wanted to put or not, but if you didn't, then how can they mail something they don't have?
    As it states right in their Auction:

All our items are 100% authentic and procured in the Middle East directly from the perfume house.* We do not stock material so you will never receive out-dated products that have been on shelves for months and years.*

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    How cheeky of them to bump $7 straight onto the existing price. I say boycott!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Could be the source, not the supplier.
    I respect your opinion Christian but in this I agree with bgoc, cause it'll could be a good perfume, and the price still reasonable, but they increased the prices in 25% (considering the value+shipping). I'll wait, if the prices return to original or the dozens of buyers review this positive, I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    As it states right in their Auction:
    Hm, nevermind. So, is it a drop-shipping thing then?

I asked some people who bought it from ebay the following question

Is it really good ? and can you compare it to other fragrances to Dior Homme Intense, Frapin 1270 or L'instant de Guerlain or any other fragrance which is similar ?

I get 1 repply

and his answer was :

Hi
    it is quite sweet and sadly not long lasting--cannot really say it is similar to any other perfume i have previously used

So Incognito you said

it lasts 30 hours - it doesnt
    its a mix of Frapin 1270, DH and LdG - it isn`t

why should we buy it now or believe you?

Maybe hawk is right they paid you to promote them
    My astonishing Top 10 fragrances :

1. Hombre by Victorio & Lucchino
    2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    3. Pure Havane Thierry Mugler
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    5. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler
    6. Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    7. Jacques Fath pour L`Homme
    8. Silver Scent Jacques Bogart
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by leecher88 View Post

Is it really good ? and can you compare it to other fragrances to Dior Homme Intense, Frapin 1270 or L'instant de Guerlain or any other fragrance which is similar ?

I get 1 repply

and his answer was :

Hi
    it is quite sweet and sadly not long lasting--cannot really say it is similar to any other perfume i have previously used

So Incognito you said

Opinions on fragrances vary from person to person. Just look at the thousands of threads on this site, where one person says the fragrance lasts 12 hours, and the next says 2 hours.

Who is right?

If inc0gnito feels it is like a mixture of various fragrances, that is his opinion, just like the opinion of the one anonymous person responded to you.

Many people, including myself too a flyer on $28.00 bottle of perfume. I understand, to some people that may be a fair amount to spend on something they may not like, but you will not know until you try it for yourself.

In reality, if I do not like it, it is not as if I am not out a bundle of money. It will cost me less than taking in a movie with my girlfriend.
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 17th January 2013 at 09:29 PM.

I agree with Palm Beach.

Many opinions on things like longevity, what it smells like, etc. etc. can be very subjective. Some people say fragrances like Aventus, Jubilation XXV, and Straight to Heaven last for only 15 minutes (which at first I thought until I had worn them a few times), but have lasted me up to 24 hours, and still had people telling me I smelled good long after I was able to detect the fragrance myself.

Incognito's posts do not sound like the work of a company shill, and I perceived he just happened to find something that he considered unique, good smelling, and fairly priced for what he received.

Remember that another user also commented on the first page about its longevity:

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I had a sample of this a few years back, I remember it was very sweet but didn't smell cheap and more feminine than masculine. It has lots of vanilla and maybe sugar! I also remember it lasted too long and projected very well... Smelled like a "sweet vanilla bomb" but in a good way!
    Considering Incognito just got a bottle of this, I wouldn't consider that there's been any change in it either, since the user Hawk tried it at least.

Let's not get squirrely and accusatory over a $20 fragrance, especially if the OP was just trying to let us in on a deal that he personally thought others would enjoy.

Agree with what Palmbeach and Partario said.

“To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is complete.” Epictetus
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

I get 1 repply

and his answer was :

Hi

So Incognito you said

Hey Leecher88, have you tried this for yourself yet? Its doubtful since you are quoting an anonymous response from eBay. The OP already retracted his statement about it smelling like DHI or LIDGE and gave an updated viewpoint about this frag but I doubt you read that far. Instead of making false accusations about somebody who is just trying to share something that he deems noteworthy and special, why dont you either comment on the actual fragrance(you'll have to actually try it, and not just randomly ask people on eBay) or not comment at all. The BN community is about sharing the love of fragrance not spreading hateful accusations. Take your jive elsewhere!

Honestly, it was only what? $27.99 USD for me? Even if I absolutely do not like the frag, I may not regret it because from what I've seen so far, it looks good (dem aesthetics ). And I could use it.. as an air freshener or something?

Why is blind buying fun. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by JediConsular View Post
    I respect your opinion Christian but in this I agree with bgoc, cause it'll could be a good perfume, and the price still reasonable, but they increased the prices in 25% (considering the value+shipping). I'll wait, if the prices return to original or the dozens of buyers review this positive, I'll try.
    It wasn't an opinion, it was food for thought.

Maybe hawk is right they paid you to promote them [/B]
    This has to be one of the most out of line posts I've seen on this forum.

You question one random person on eBay who you do not know, nor do you know of their scent experience. You ask them vague questions, get vague answers; Yet, suddenly the OP is a criminal in his intent.

The entertainment on this message board is worth the click.

Please carry on fine people.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Regardless of what it smells like, I won't buy it now since they jacked up the price. Out of principle. Very shady.

Unless there's an influx of people that proclaim its the be all end all, I'm staying away.

I get 1 repply

and his answer was :

Hi

So Incognito you said

Haha, if you don't want to buy it, then don't buy it. Nobody has a gun to your head.

No they haven't paid me to promote anything for them. The accounts that are used for promoting usually have under 10 posts, and as you can see, I've been a member here for quite some time.

Smell it first before criticizing.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Hi guys I might be one of the first to have got my shipment in and have it on my desk at work right now. Well the wait is over in terms of a second opinion and I will happily say Incognito has got it right. I can say that because I have Frapin 1270 as well and this is very similar indeed. Not sure about the Dior Homme comparison and L'instant as I am not such a fan of either. I think there is a bit more of a smoky quality to Raghba, but the sweetness will get me in everytime, even looking at the bottle it is so similar I wonder if there has been some intended duplication, irrespective I think it is a steal at a price of $30 and in a very nice box for some added value. Thanks for the tip Incognito it will add to my ever increasing collection and sit proudly alongside my
    1270 and 1697.

Quote Originally Posted by ujpes View Post
    Thanks for the tip Incognito it will add to my ever increasing collection and sit proudly alongside my
    1270 and 1697.
    Ok. If you think it can sit alongside 1270 and 1697 as a smokey counterpart, I'm now super stoked to get my bottle.

Hi guys I might be one of the first to have got my shipment in and have it on my desk at work right now. Well the wait is over in terms of a second opinion and I will happily say Incognito has got it right. I can say that because I have Frapin 1270 as well and this is very similar indeed. Not sure about the Dior Homme comparison and L'instant as I am not such a fan of either. I think there is a bit more of a smoky quality to Raghba, but the sweetness will get me in everytime, even looking at the bottle it is so similar I wonder if there has been some intended duplication, irrespective I think it is a steal at a price of $30 and in a very nice box for some added value. Thanks for the tip Incognito it will add to my ever increasing collection and sit proudly alongside my
    1270 and 1697.
    I think a solid question would be,

Would you buy this over again at the new increased price? (Since that has some ruffled some g-strings in this thread)

Can you speak of projection/longevity? Does it have any synthetic notes?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

1270 and 1697.
    Thanks a lot for that, was starting to get a little worried about what people might think. Yeah after a while of testing I do think comparing it to LIDGE and DH was wrong, but I can't edit the thread title anymore haha.

YES ! I noticed that too. The bottle of Raghba is very similar to the bottle of Frapin 1270, might have been an attempt to make a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Thanks a lot for that, was starting to get a little worried about what people might think. Yeah after a while of testing I do think comparing it to LIDGE and DH was wrong, but I can't edit the thread title anymore haha.

YES ! I noticed that too. The bottle of Raghba is very similar to the bottle of Frapin 1270, might have been an attempt to make a clone.
    In terms of projection it is doing very well with many staff in my office noticing it immediately I walk in the room, in a good way of course. Longevity is a bit unknown at this point but wearing it for the past 3 hours so far and still going strong. Is it synthetic? Well put it this way I would still say 1270 has ingredients that make it superior of course, but costing about 5 times as much makes this fragrance a bargain even if it cost me a little more than the $30. In fact a good friend of mine who was going to buy 1270 is now going to buy this instead, so that says something. Anyway enough from me and I am sure most will like it, however others will say different which makes us all such fans of the fragrance world.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Regardless of what it smells like, I won't buy it now since they jacked up the price. Out of principle. Very shady.

Unless there's an influx of people that proclaim its the be all end all, I'm staying away.
    Shady how? A person/people probably realized the sudden increase in sales, and it was decided to raise the price since they were selling so fast at the previous price.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    It wasn't an opinion, it was food for thought.

This has to be one of the most out of line posts I've seen on this forum.

You question one random person on eBay who you do not know, nor do you know of their scent experience. You ask them vague questions, get vague answers; Yet, suddenly the OP is a criminal in his intent.

The entertainment on this message board is worth the click.

Please carry on fine people.
    Nobody here tried it but Christian and others please take a second and think only a little bit, just a little bit it wont heart ![/B]

YOu are also a person i dont know why should i believe you, just because you have here listed some fragrances ???
    I take the other road and believe in someone who got this fragrance and not in someone who have here 300 fragrances (Le Male, 1 MIllion no matter which one ) but dont own it nor smell it

As Joho said :
    A person/people probably realized the sudden increase in sales, and it was decided to raise the price since they were selling so fast at the previous price.
    Suddenly They increse 25 % cause for example some basenoters like you bought it !!!

This is shameless !

SO in 1 Week it will be 40 bucks and in 2 Weeks it will cost over 50 bucks or what ?

Its like aphexacid said its a principle !

Nevertheless

here i got the next repply

Hey man, the fragrance does smell really good. To be honest, it does smell a little bit like Frapin 1270, with a little bit of Dior Homme intense but I don't get LIDGE at all.

[B]

And maybe i would buy it but not at the moment lets see what will happen with the price and some other experiences. I wont give them money for something which costs 18 bucks and now 25 !

2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Only principle I see here is market principles of demand and supply. Come on guys, a fragrance is worth what you are willing to pay for it and people asking about synthetics should get rid of most of their over priced designer and some niche fragrances. Just gamble on it and enjoy the experience or give it away.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Only principle I see here is market principles of demand and supply. Come on guys, a fragrance is worth what you are willing to pay for it and people asking about synthetics should get rid of most of their over priced designer and some niche fragrances. Just gamble on it and enjoy the experience or give it away.
    Thats the point we are talking here about "giving away" !

Your slogan is buy it and give it away.

Look some niche fragrances are the price worth !

And on ebay the only note which is listet is vanilla , come on, this "boutique" of fragrances should even list more notes instead of only one

2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

For god's sake, you have Paris Hilton for Men in your collection, yet you can't fork out $30 to try something which another 2 people aside from me said smells like Frapin 1270.

Stop complaining.

Thats the point we are talking here about "giving away" !

Your slogan is buy it and give it away.

Look some niche fragrances are the price worth !

And on ebay the only note which is listet is vanilla , come on, this "boutique" of fragrances should even list more notes instead of only one
    You won't get an insurance policy for a blind buy
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Interesting thread. Lol I can't wait to see the other responses from others once they've tried it. I too would like to know if it's a yay or nay, though I am not a fan of any of the fragrances it was compared to. It's just that there's a satisfaction in getting a great deal on something! I hope everyone that blind bought this finds it to be good!

I never tested a fragrance before buying. Hell I spent £170 on a bottle of EPIC Man Amouage blind. Have a bit of a faith in your instinct guys. It surely can't be as bad as Aventus or could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    For god's sake, you have Paris Hilton for Men in your collection, yet you can't fork out $30 to try something which another 2 people aside from me said smells like Frapin 1270.

Stop complaining.
    i am sorry that i heart your feelings

2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

I like how an $18 fragrance has its price increased by the rate of a McDonalds Big Mac meal, and suddenly it's not worth owning, and the seller is a con man. Like what was said before, it's a case of supply and demand.

I'd need more review before I'd buy this now

Frapin 1270 has very poor longevity and if this is a good substitute with better longevity I might consider buying. Now I am curious if anyone has tried Tom Oud by Surrati in concentrated oil (Does it really smell like Tom Ford Oud Wood?)

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    Frapin 1270 has very poor longevity and if this is a good substitute with better longevity I might consider buying. Now I am curious if anyone has tried Tom Oud by Surrati in concentrated oil (Does it really smell like Tom Ford Oud Wood?)
    Yea I was wondering about this too...it's pure oil? That's what they said, so if u buy, don't you have to dilute it before u you use it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    Yea I was wondering about this too...it's pure oil? That's what they said, so if u buy, don't you have to dilute it before u you use it?

Basenotes Junkie

For me - I picked it up based on the fact that it was described by the OP as something I'd like, and the fact that it's 20 usd. TWENTY DOLLARS. I have NO idea how expensive other people feel that is, but here (in Norway) - a 50 ml of something vile and shabby like some lower class designer fragrance is EASILY 100 USD.

Chew on that ... we have no "oh hi 50% off fragrances that are nice" sales, not even 20% sales. We have INSANELY expensive shit-perfumes - which makes even trying this curious composition seem cheap as chips.

I'm just saying. If you don't have 20 usd or 27 to spend on something that "could" be awesome, you should sure as hell stop buying generic and or possibly bad designers and save your money altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Shady how? A person/people probably realized the sudden increase in sales, and it was decided to raise the price since they were selling so fast at the previous price.
    You don't see anything wrong with that at all? It's bad business if you ask me and i won't support it. Thats how and why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I like how an $18 fragrance has its price increased by the rate of a McDonalds Big Mac meal, and suddenly it's not worth owning, and the seller is a con man. Like what was said before, it's a case of supply and demand.
    Its greed. How many sold before the frag got blew up by this thread? The the seller should be elated he's actually moving units now, but instead wants to capitalize on everyone's curiosity. This has nothing to do with supply and demand. This is not a rare, hard to find item that everyone wants and no one can get.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Its greed.
    Actually, it's economics.

Quote Originally Posted by lotto View Post
    Bingo. If the increased price causes a drop in sales then you will likely see the price lowered to stimulate sales. Nobody likes to see a price-increase for something they are interested in purchasing, but that is the prerogative of the businessperson.

Quote Originally Posted by lotto View Post
    Yup. Love it or hate it, that's what it is.

Got mine today and I cant comment on longevity as I just sprayed on my wrist.
    But to anyone who made a blind purchase I don't think you will be disappointed specially considering the price.
    Ok scent, sweet masculine musky vanilla . Its like I Love New York for All Bond No 9 on steroids
    Last edited by Kielecki; 19th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Basenotes Plus

dammit i missed the delivery this morning, lol. Will have to wait till next tuesday to pick it =P I have Dior Homme Intense / 1270 so i will put in my 2cents on the comparison when i finally get it.
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Lets all get back to reviewing

Mine was shipped on 01/09/2013 but still no news from the post office and I'm loosing my patience here, the waiting part is killing me :P

Basenotes Junkie

Mine was also shipped the 9th, but my tracking isnt showing anything either. Hoping itll just show up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    Got mine today and I cant comment on longevity as I just sprayed on my wrist.
    But to anyone who made a blind purchase I don't think you will be disappointed specially considering the price.
    Ok scent, sweet masculine musky vanilla . Its like I Love New York for All Bond No 9 on steroids
    I notice it has been around six hours, how is it performing?

Mine was shipped today so Ill report back once it arrives.

This smells exactly like 24 Gold by Scent Story just slightly smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I notice it has been around six hours, how is it performing?
    It is strong however after about 2 hrs i had to wash it of as musk become dominant and i am not big fan of musk
    Even after i washed of with soap it was still there. Not for me.
    Will be happy to swap if anyone is interested

What you want to swap it with? Pm me

Guys this is smelling great. One hour into it and its still humming along. I've never tried frapin 1270 but I do have l'instant and I can smell the ginger from it, mixed with a bit of the sweetness of dior homme, plus a crackle of wood fire. Really good stuff.

I really hate musk, will I still enjoy this fragrance?

the next repply i got from a female buyer of ebay :

" Hello ,

I am really happy with my purchase of Raghba

I am a lover of perfumes that are not too ,flowery,rather I prefer the spicy/musky/vanilla/oriental scents, so if you like perfume with these themes, you will probably like Raghba too.

Its hard for me to describe this perfume or compare to anything else on the market. I think it,s quite unique and strong, lasts all day.

People often comment when I wear it and ask me what it is,.

The company also sells musk cubes (they are great melts to use with tealight candles)

Hope this helps ,

Best Wishes "

its getting more interesting about this fragrance nevertheless price should stop to increase

2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Basenotes Plus

Ok so i finally was able to pick it up from the post office. the bottle looks VERY similar to frapin 1270. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally intentionally made as a knock off (see pic below).

That said, so far it smells pretty nice. i definitely see the resemblance to Dior Homme (slightly powdery), Frapin 1270 (sweet a little boozy), plus vanilla, some musk, and like a hint of a dusty/ campfire crackling kind of scent (kinda similar to tom ford's Bois Marocain). Really not bad at all, especially for the price point. Gonna try to put some on now and hope that it works well with my skin, luckily i don't have meetings or functions till thursday, in the case it doesnt work well on my skin I'll still be ok, lol.

IMG_0015.JPG

-----Update ----
    Ok so its been about and hour and I LOVE this. It might be my body chemistry (a lot of things turn VERY vanilla on me. ) but now it smells very much like guerlain's SDV! I didn't get SDV because it turns sour on me (vanilla scents do that for some reason on me). So for anyone else who has the same problem, this is like the budget-awesome solution replacement to SDV. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noodlz; 22nd January 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Update

Mine is still held up in customs in New York as of this morning. :/

OMG, now we have a SDV comparison?!?!?!? Ok, can someone PLEASE send me a sample! Lol PM me! I have a few samples laying around...maybe we can swap, or I'll make you decant of something I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    OMG, now we have a SDV comparison?!?!?!? Ok, can someone PLEASE send me a sample! Lol PM me! I have a few samples laying around...maybe we can swap, or I'll make you decant of something I have.
    I'll see what I can do when I get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    PM me and we'll work something out.

Basenotes Plus

Alright, so now that its been roughly 9-10 hrs. I figure i'd give in my last update. The scent faded away after around the 7th/8th hour, which is pretty great since scents tend to not last very long on me (i have to do the lotion base trick, which i didn't for this). Now it's undetectable to my nose, which is actually great news to me, because I was scared it was going to last 36 hours like someone had mentioned, lol. Don't get me wrong though, i really dig the scent, i just prefer my scents to go away after a while so i can wear something else, haha.

But yeah. overall, thumbs up from me on this frag =) (i'd vote positive for this in the directory but i don't think its there haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    Ok so i finally was able to pick it up from the post office. the bottle looks VERY similar to frapin 1270. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally intentionally made as a knock off (see pic below).

That said, so far it smells pretty nice. i definitely see the resemblance to Dior Homme (slightly powdery), Frapin 1270 (sweet a little boozy), plus vanilla, some musk, and like a hint of a dusty/ campfire crackling kind of scent (kinda similar to tom ford's Bois Marocain). Really not bad at all, especially for the price point. Gonna try to put some on now and hope that it works well with my skin, luckily i don't have meetings or functions till thursday, in the case it doesnt work well on my skin I'll still be ok, lol.

IMG_0015.JPG

-----Update ----
    Ok so its been about and hour and I LOVE this. It might be my body chemistry (a lot of things turn VERY vanilla on me. ) but now it smells very much like guerlain's SDV! I didn't get SDV because it turns sour on me (vanilla scents do that for some reason on me). So for anyone else who has the same problem, this is like the budget-awesome solution replacement to SDV. =)

Thank you ! guess I wasn't that far off after all. I was scared no one would see any comparison haha.

Just got this today...sprayed on my wrist and it's def very sweet and musky....I don't see anything resemblance to dior homme, it's powdery sure, but not like dior homme. Lets see what's I smell in a few hours

Ok this stuff project like crazy, but it's not for me. Too sweet, and the musk doesn't do it for me. Looking to swap this if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
    Ok this stuff project like crazy, but it's not for me. Too sweet, and the musk doesn't do it for me. Looking to swap this if anyone is interested
    Is the musk strong? Would a musk-hater like me be OK with it? On the other hand, overy sweet vanilla scents is my thing for sure!

You probably won't like the musk man, I didn't like it at all

This stuff is a 24 Gold Clone! Warning: If you do not like 24 Gold, do not get this. If you do, rock on!
    Last edited by sjg3839; 24th January 2013 at 10:58 PM.