Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

For me - I picked it up based on the fact that it was described by the OP as something I'd like, and the fact that it's 20 usd. TWENTY DOLLARS. I have NO idea how expensive other people feel that is, but here (in Norway) - a 50 ml of something vile and shabby like some lower class designer fragrance is EASILY 100 USD.

Chew on that ... we have no "oh hi 50% off fragrances that are nice" sales, not even 20% sales. We have INSANELY expensive shit-perfumes - which makes even trying this curious composition seem cheap as chips.

I'm just saying. If you don't have 20 usd or 27 to spend on something that "could" be awesome, you should sure as hell stop buying generic and or possibly bad designers and save your money altogether.

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Shady how? A person/people probably realized the sudden increase in sales, and it was decided to raise the price since they were selling so fast at the previous price.
    You don't see anything wrong with that at all? It's bad business if you ask me and i won't support it. Thats how and why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I like how an $18 fragrance has its price increased by the rate of a McDonalds Big Mac meal, and suddenly it's not worth owning, and the seller is a con man. Like what was said before, it's a case of supply and demand.
    Its greed. How many sold before the frag got blew up by this thread? The the seller should be elated he's actually moving units now, but instead wants to capitalize on everyone's curiosity. This has nothing to do with supply and demand. This is not a rare, hard to find item that everyone wants and no one can get.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Its greed.
    Actually, it's economics.

Quote Originally Posted by lotto View Post
    Bingo. If the increased price causes a drop in sales then you will likely see the price lowered to stimulate sales. Nobody likes to see a price-increase for something they are interested in purchasing, but that is the prerogative of the businessperson.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by lotto View Post
    Yup. Love it or hate it, that's what it is.

Got mine today and I cant comment on longevity as I just sprayed on my wrist.
    But to anyone who made a blind purchase I don't think you will be disappointed specially considering the price.
    Ok scent, sweet masculine musky vanilla . Its like I Love New York for All Bond No 9 on steroids
    Last edited by Kielecki; 19th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.

dammit i missed the delivery this morning, lol. Will have to wait till next tuesday to pick it =P I have Dior Homme Intense / 1270 so i will put in my 2cents on the comparison when i finally get it.
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Lets all get back to reviewing

Mine was shipped on 01/09/2013 but still no news from the post office and I'm loosing my patience here, the waiting part is killing me :P

Basenotes Junkie

Mine was also shipped the 9th, but my tracking isnt showing anything either. Hoping itll just show up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    Got mine today and I cant comment on longevity as I just sprayed on my wrist.
    But to anyone who made a blind purchase I don't think you will be disappointed specially considering the price.
    Ok scent, sweet masculine musky vanilla . Its like I Love New York for All Bond No 9 on steroids
    I notice it has been around six hours, how is it performing?

Mine was shipped today so Ill report back once it arrives.

This smells exactly like 24 Gold by Scent Story just slightly smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I notice it has been around six hours, how is it performing?
    It is strong however after about 2 hrs i had to wash it of as musk become dominant and i am not big fan of musk
    Even after i washed of with soap it was still there. Not for me.
    Will be happy to swap if anyone is interested

What you want to swap it with? Pm me

Guys this is smelling great. One hour into it and its still humming along. I've never tried frapin 1270 but I do have l'instant and I can smell the ginger from it, mixed with a bit of the sweetness of dior homme, plus a crackle of wood fire. Really good stuff.

I really hate musk, will I still enjoy this fragrance?

the next repply i got from a female buyer of ebay :

" Hello ,

I am really happy with my purchase of Raghba

I am a lover of perfumes that are not too ,flowery,rather I prefer the spicy/musky/vanilla/oriental scents, so if you like perfume with these themes, you will probably like Raghba too.

Its hard for me to describe this perfume or compare to anything else on the market. I think it,s quite unique and strong, lasts all day.

People often comment when I wear it and ask me what it is,.

The company also sells musk cubes (they are great melts to use with tealight candles)

Hope this helps ,

Best Wishes "

its getting more interesting about this fragrance nevertheless price should stop to increase
    My astonishing Top 10 fragrances :

1. Hombre by Victorio & Lucchino
    2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    3. Pure Havane Thierry Mugler
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    5. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler
    6. Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    7. Jacques Fath pour L`Homme
    8. Silver Scent Jacques Bogart
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Ok so i finally was able to pick it up from the post office. the bottle looks VERY similar to frapin 1270. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally intentionally made as a knock off (see pic below).

That said, so far it smells pretty nice. i definitely see the resemblance to Dior Homme (slightly powdery), Frapin 1270 (sweet a little boozy), plus vanilla, some musk, and like a hint of a dusty/ campfire crackling kind of scent (kinda similar to tom ford's Bois Marocain). Really not bad at all, especially for the price point. Gonna try to put some on now and hope that it works well with my skin, luckily i don't have meetings or functions till thursday, in the case it doesnt work well on my skin I'll still be ok, lol.

IMG_0015.JPG

-----Update ----
    Ok so its been about and hour and I LOVE this. It might be my body chemistry (a lot of things turn VERY vanilla on me. ) but now it smells very much like guerlain's SDV! I didn't get SDV because it turns sour on me (vanilla scents do that for some reason on me). So for anyone else who has the same problem, this is like the budget-awesome solution replacement to SDV. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noodlz; 22nd January 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Update

Mine is still held up in customs in New York as of this morning. :/

OMG, now we have a SDV comparison?!?!?!? Ok, can someone PLEASE send me a sample! Lol PM me! I have a few samples laying around...maybe we can swap, or I'll make you decant of something I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    OMG, now we have a SDV comparison?!?!?!? Ok, can someone PLEASE send me a sample! Lol PM me! I have a few samples laying around...maybe we can swap, or I'll make you decant of something I have.
    I'll see what I can do when I get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    PM me and we'll work something out.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Alright, so now that its been roughly 9-10 hrs. I figure i'd give in my last update. The scent faded away after around the 7th/8th hour, which is pretty great since scents tend to not last very long on me (i have to do the lotion base trick, which i didn't for this). Now it's undetectable to my nose, which is actually great news to me, because I was scared it was going to last 36 hours like someone had mentioned, lol. Don't get me wrong though, i really dig the scent, i just prefer my scents to go away after a while so i can wear something else, haha.

But yeah. overall, thumbs up from me on this frag =) (i'd vote positive for this in the directory but i don't think its there haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    Ok so i finally was able to pick it up from the post office. the bottle looks VERY similar to frapin 1270. I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally intentionally made as a knock off (see pic below).

That said, so far it smells pretty nice. i definitely see the resemblance to Dior Homme (slightly powdery), Frapin 1270 (sweet a little boozy), plus vanilla, some musk, and like a hint of a dusty/ campfire crackling kind of scent (kinda similar to tom ford's Bois Marocain). Really not bad at all, especially for the price point. Gonna try to put some on now and hope that it works well with my skin, luckily i don't have meetings or functions till thursday, in the case it doesnt work well on my skin I'll still be ok, lol.

IMG_0015.JPG

-----Update ----
    Ok so its been about and hour and I LOVE this. It might be my body chemistry (a lot of things turn VERY vanilla on me. ) but now it smells very much like guerlain's SDV! I didn't get SDV because it turns sour on me (vanilla scents do that for some reason on me). So for anyone else who has the same problem, this is like the budget-awesome solution replacement to SDV. =)

Thank you ! guess I wasn't that far off after all. I was scared no one would see any comparison haha.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Just got this today...sprayed on my wrist and it's def very sweet and musky....I don't see anything resemblance to dior homme, it's powdery sure, but not like dior homme. Lets see what's I smell in a few hours

Ok this stuff project like crazy, but it's not for me. Too sweet, and the musk doesn't do it for me. Looking to swap this if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
    Ok this stuff project like crazy, but it's not for me. Too sweet, and the musk doesn't do it for me. Looking to swap this if anyone is interested
    Is the musk strong? Would a musk-hater like me be OK with it? On the other hand, overy sweet vanilla scents is my thing for sure!

You probably won't like the musk man, I didn't like it at all

This stuff is a 24 Gold Clone! Warning: If you do not like 24 Gold, do not get this. If you do, rock on!
    Last edited by sjg3839; 24th January 2013 at 10:58 PM.