Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

Hey guys, I've been in the game for a while now, and as most of you know once you have smelt thousands of fragrances you begin to explore other unique fragrances from foreign countries.
    So I thought I would make my first stop into middle eastern fragrances, as lately they have been getting some talk in the fragrance community.

I tried out many different styles of oud, amber, musk etc and bought a couple of amazing fragrances but then I stumbled across a fragrance so amazing it left me speechless.
    The mix of smokiness with the sweetness of the vanilla accompanied by the "arab vibe" instantly made this a masterpiece in my eyes.

It was like a mix of Frapin 1270, the dry down of Dior Homme and a bit of L'instant de Guerlain.
    The best part is, it lasts 10 hours + on skin and numerous days on clothes as most Arabian perfumes do, since they are highly concentrated.
    The fragrance is called "Raghba" it can be bought for $30 in a 100ml bottle (EDP)

I recommend anyone that has some money to throw around to purchase this. I will post a link down below.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Raghba-Ar...#ht_1657wt_754
    Last edited by inc0gnito; 18th January 2013 at 04:42 AM.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

alright. imma give this a shot lol. just bought it. Imma blame u if i hate it! lol =P
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Default Re: A mix of Frapin 1270, Dior Homme and L'instant de Guerlain ! AMAZING ! (Arabian version)

I'd only recommend people who are interested in unique fragrances and have some money to throw around to try this out, but overall I'm adoring it.
    It's almost impossible to find in stores. So you must blind buy it.

Haha wait until you get the packaging, bloody hell that thing needed to be dunked in molten lava to be opened. Very well packaged.

Basenotes Plus

LoL niice. Yeah it looks like i wont get it till like a month according to ebay tho, dammit lol. Looking forward to seeing how this smells =)
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Make sure to let us know what you think of it, hopefully I don't come out looking like an idiot haha.

Thanks for sharing. Could be included on my upcoming test list.

That would be an expensive scent, in Amouage line or so!

Sounds interesting. It's remarkably cheap for something from that part of the world.
    I'll hold on and wait for some feedback from you pioneers. (Next month :-(

Basenotes Junkie

I jumped on it. 30 usd shipped to Norway. Really looking forward to it - fun and games whenever it decides to show up

One little problem, what if u don't like it and it stays on that long? Ekkkk

How long did it take to arrive for you ing0gnito?

Just ordered one, will report back what i think

Hey IncOgnito, I will give this a try even though I don't have some money to throw around.(smile) But for the price and quantity, let's see how this goes. This could make or break you man. Thanks for the info man.

eBay seller must be surprised to see such a jump in his sales:

User ID Price Quantity Date of Purchase
    0***u( 9 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 21:05:01 GMT
    b***b( 10) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 20:45:03 GMT
    a***n( 10) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 18:44:36 GMT
    c***i( 2351) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 15:02:45 GMT
    p***s( 3 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 13:00:45 GMT
    -***s( 2797) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 12:32:28 GMT
    r***t( 44) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 11:26:44 GMT
    2***0( 220) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 11:14:45 GMT
    g***1( 131) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 06:30:31 GMT
    c***1( 14) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 05:18:54 GMT
    g***3( 9 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 04:33:32 GMT
    a***i( 29) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 04:19:57 GMT

Should I try this? I have too many Sweet scents already, I think I need to diversify my portfolio. I will wait for some feedback nevertheless.

But for under £20 it can't really harm could it? I am just concerned for it being overly sweet.

Looks interesting. I've tried a few Ajmals, Junaids, and Swiss Arabians, and was quite impressed with the price to quality ratio. In for the feedback.

I had a sample of this a few years back, I remember it was very sweet but didn't smell cheap and more feminine than masculine. It has lots of vanilla and maybe sugar! I also remember it lasted too long and projected very well... Smelled like a "sweet vanilla bomb" but in a good way!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    It has lots of vanilla and maybe sugar! I also remember it lasted too long and projected very well... Smelled like a "sweet vanilla bomb" but in a good way!
    This sounds like something I'd really like. But does it really smell like what @hawk is saying? I need some more opinions from people, let me know when all of you get your bottles! I might be purchasing one for myself if this really smells like the description above.

Alright, just bought it. It had better deliver on the 1270 part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Alright, just bought it. It had better deliver on the 1270 part of the deal.
    Let me know what you think once you get the bottle

Man now I'm tempted to get a bottle. As soon as I read one of the reply and the word bomb was there, that's a buy for me lmao

[QUOTE=bgoc;2806069]eBay seller must be surprised to see such a jump in his sales:

User ID Price Quantity Date of Purchase
    0***u( 9 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 21:05:01 GMT
    b***b( 10) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 20:45:03 GMT
    a***n( 10) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 18:44:36 GMT
    c***i( 2351) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 15:02:45 GMT
    p***s( 3 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 13:00:45 GMT
    -***s( 2797) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 12:32:28 GMT
    r***t( 44) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 11:26:44 GMT
    2***0( 220) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 11:14:45 GMT
    g***1( 131) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 06:30:31 GMT
    c***1( 14) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 05:18:54 GMT
    g***3( 9 ) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 04:33:32 GMT
    a***i( 29) US $18.00 1 07-Jan-13 04:19:57 GMT

Holy bandwagon batman!
    That's just Basenotes people?
    The power of advertising..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    Let me know what you think once you get the bottle
    Will do.

I love 1270 and find it extremely unique, so anything that is reported to smell like it really peaks my interest.

For the people asking how long it took to arrive, it took approximately 10 days to arrive, which was surprising since I was told it would take 21 days. Since I live in the "land down under"
    Last edited by inc0gnito; 8th January 2013 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    For the people asking how long it took to arrive, it took approximately 10 days to arrive, which was surprising since I was told it would take 21 days. Since I live in the "land down under"
    That's pretty fast!

Can you write down the notes that you pick up out of this fragrance? I'm looking for a really sweet vanilla. Does it smell like any woods, incense or leather? Cuz those notes are the ones I hate the most. Please, help me out before purchasing a bottle!

Basenotes Plus

For $28.00, took a chance.

"A mix of Frapin 1270, the dry down of Dior Homme and a bit of L'instant de Guerlain" well that was good advertising and I also took a chance even tho I have no idea how Frapin 1270 smells like but I love the others two. I only hope you have a good nose and that it will last at least half of the time that you mentioned

Will the new purchasers please reply back to this thread!

Sub'd
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post

Sub'd
    I eagerly wait too.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post

Sub'd
    I'll let you know next month, or whenever it shows up. I bought it when I saw this thread, but still haven't received shipping notification.

Basenotes Junkie

Mine has shipped - really looking forward to it. I'm in for a world of hurt from my girlfriend if it's too sweet, but I'll fix that by giving it to my brother in that case

HMMMMMM.....This is very tempting. This seller also has a couple of other Arabian perfumes that I have been wanting to try. Might just have to pull the trigger on this one. I guess if it is too sweet Ill just give it to the girlfriend and make myself look good. I dont think I can lose here.

Can't wait for the review, hopefully it's not too sweet

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    HMMMMMM.....This is very tempting. This seller also has a couple of other Arabian perfumes that I have been wanting to try. Might just have to pull the trigger on this one. I guess if it is too sweet Ill just give it to the girlfriend and make myself look good. I dont think I can lose here.
    Well, they're pretty cheap perfumes, so I guess you cant loose!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    Well, they're pretty cheap perfumes, so I guess you cant loose!
    Ill be ordering a bottle later today along with a couple of others. Ill be sure to post my thoughts on all of them as soon as they arrive.

Update: Just bought a bottle plus a bottle of White Oud by Rasasi. Ill let yall know when everything arrives with a full review.
    Last edited by FullCollapse; 12th January 2013 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Ill be ordering a bottle later today along with a couple of others. Ill be sure to post my thoughts on all of them as soon as they arrive.

Update: Just bought a bottle plus a bottle of Oudh Abiyad by Rasasi. Ill let yall know when everything arrives with a full review.
    Wonderful, can't wait!

Just ordered mine, I wish I didn't open this thread lol

I hope no one is disappointed when they actually get this haha, my nose might be different to a lot of other more experienced noses.
    None the less would be interesting to see what other people think, because after a full week of testing I think linking this to LIDGE and Dior Homme might be a little far off. I think it has more Vanilla than both of them, maybe like a more smoky version of Tobacco Vanille. An Arabian kind of Amouage version of 1270 and Tobacco Vanille, but smokier with more incense.

Ok I really need to shut up now.

I hope no one is disappointed when they actually get this haha, my nose might be different to a lot of other more experienced noses.
    None the less would be interesting to see what other people think, because after a full week of testing I think linking this to LIDGE and Dior Homme might be a little far off. I think it has more Vanilla than both of them, maybe like a more smoky version of Tobacco Vanille. An Arabian kind of Amouage version of 1270 and Tobacco Vanille, but smokier with more incense.

hahaha, I'm used to blind buys and I pulled the trigger on this one after I read your initial impressions, I love LIDGE and Tobacco Vanille and I like DHI but I haven't sniffed 1270 so I'm having high hopes now and can't wait for it to arrive.

Now Im even more excited about it! A nice spicy, smoky, vanilla is something I lack in my wardrobe and have been on the hunt for. I was considering Tobacco Vanille, Eau des Baux, or Strictly Private but now this sounds like it will fill the gap that I was looking for. Plus I ordered another Oudh based frag from the vendor that Im very excited about trying.

Welp, wasn't expecting the thread to be like/about this or w/e.

"Thank you! Your order has been placed."

/shakesfist

jk. Welp, It'll probably arrive sometime! Thanks OP.

You just made it sound more interesting. I really don't care much about anything that smells like DHI or LIDGE (though I own and enjoy both on occasion), as only the 1270 comparison peaked my interest, but your new description really ups the ante.

"after a full week of testing I think linking this to LIDGE and Dior Homme might be a little far off" and those two were the reasons I bought it ... grrr
    and
    "an Arabian kind of Amouage version of 1270 and Tobacco Vanille, but smokier with more incense" so now its not even similar to Frapin 1270? I wonder what you'll tell us after one more week of wearing testing it

I think first of all you need to tell us how does LIDGE or DH smell to you after testing them for one week, does LIDGE still smell like LIDGE after one week? :P

I'm only kidding, just don't know what else to do for a month or more till it will get here

"an Arabian kind of Amouage version of 1270 and Tobacco Vanille, but smokier with more incense" so now its not even similar to Frapin 1270? I wonder what you'll tell us after one more week of wearing testing it

I clearly said it smelt like 1270 in my initial statement..

I think first of all you need to tell us how does LIDGE or DH smell to you after testing them for one week, does LIDGE still smell like LIDGE after one week? :P

I tested Raghba for one week, I wasn't referring to LIDGE and DH.

Basenotes Member

^You made me buy this and the Palermo version of Tabacco Vanille this week. That's $65 I'm not getting back!!!

Haha, you've got to admit that the Palermo version of Tobacco Vanille is almost an identical copy, and it has excellent longevity, sillage and projection.
    Now that's something I have full confidence in !

Raghba is the one I'm nervous about lol.
    Last edited by inc0gnito; 12th January 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Basenotes Member

Haha, you've got to admit that the Palermo version of Tobacco Vanille is almost an identical copy. Now that's something I have full confidence in !

Raghba is the one I'm nervous about lol.
    I'm disappointed that I wont be able to try the Raghba for another couple of months because of travel for work, but I'll definitely report back my findings. I've got all the frags you've mentioned so far except for 1270 and I love DHI and LIDGE... Let's see how similar it is. I did read on a fragrantica forum that it isn't very sweet and it is very spicy, which doesn't really sound like DHI or LIDGE, but what exactly do you smell? Is there cocoa? Is it very spicy like they said?

EDIT: I'm assuming that because you mentioned it smells like Tabacco Vanille that it is quite spicy?
    Last edited by lotto; 12th January 2013 at 12:06 PM.

sorry inc0gnito but I was only kidding as I stated in the post so don't mind me, I'll let you know what I think when or if I'll get the Raghba

Thanks, I am waiting for my bottle to arrive.
    I have been in Saudi Arabia a few times and this scent may bring me good memories.
    ----------------------------------------
    My Favorites:
    1) Serge Lutens (EdP Ambre Sultan)
    2) Andy Tauer (Edt l'Aire du désert Marocain)
    3) Boadicea de Victorius (Complex & Provocative)
    4) Artisan Parfumeur (Tea for Two)
    5) Amouage (Edp Epic)
    6) Amouage (EdP Interlude)
    7) Davidoff Classic (Edt Classic) - vintage
    8) Lorenzo Villoresi (Edt Piper Nigrum)

Basenotes Junkie

Tell me more about Palermo version of Tobacco Vanille. Where can I find that on ebay, and is it as cheap as the one we've all ordered in this thread? TELL ME MOAR!

Mine finally shipped. I'll try to keep my standards high (as high as they can get for a $20 fragrance that is ) and my expectations low, and get back to some of you once it arrives.

Raghba=24 Gold by Scent Story=Kalemat by Arabian Oud.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Tell me more about Palermo version of Tobacco Vanille. Where can I find that on ebay, and is it as cheap as the one we've all ordered in this thread? TELL ME MOAR!
    Oh, it was something we were talking about in the Australian subforum. It's made by a small Australian company called Palermo and unfortunately they only ship to Australia and New Zealand. Sorry for teasing you guys with that

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    Raghba=24 Gold by Scent Story=Kalemat by Arabian Oud.
    Do you or anyone else have the note pyramid of Raghba Bakhoor Sweet Vanilla? I need to know what's in it, before I blind buy.

How cheeky of them to bump $7 straight onto the existing price. I say boycott!

Basenotes Plus

Placed my order on the 8th. Still does not show as being mailed. I do note they do not have stock but still, over a week later and not mailed?

wow i am aslo tempted to buy it !!! come on guys if it arrives please post your comments here
    My astonishing Top 10 fragrances :

1. Hombre by Victorio & Lucchino
    2. Antidote Viktor&Rolf
    3. Pure Havane Thierry Mugler
    4. Ambre Baldessarini
    5. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler
    6. Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne
    7. Jacques Fath pour L`Homme
    8. Silver Scent Jacques Bogart
    9. Chastity Men Rasasi
    10. Blue Sugar Aquolina

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I do note they do not have stock but still, over a week later and not mailed?
    Wait, what? I'm not sure if you messed up with what you wanted to put or not, but if you didn't, then how can they mail something they don't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Wait, what? I'm not sure if you messed up with what you wanted to put or not, but if you didn't, then how can they mail something they don't have?
    I'd think if they're going to sell it, they should be able to source extra stock in a reasonable time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    How cheeky of them to bump $7 straight onto the existing price. I say boycott!
    Could be the source, not the supplier.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Zahra tried to promote their products on basenotes before but I think they got banned at some point... Now this post alone has given them more business than any other post they started themselves. Just sayin!