Code of Conduct

Question Silver / Sparkling Amber accord

I have come across these types of amber accords, but cannot pinpoint what is being used to bring in this characteristic. I dont detect any citrus, mint, menthol, or marine/ozonic notes, however, the scent is a very crystalline/cool/bright amber. I am still fairly new to aromachemicals, so I'm not sure if there would be any specific molecule that I just havent come across yet, or.. I dont know. Anyhow, I would appreciate any help, should someone have the knowledge to share.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Silver / Sparkling Amber accord

Dear Mellifluous, the first thing i could think of with this effect is Olibanum or Frankincense. I used this effect in this perfume: https://sites.google.com/site/perfum...silver-for-men.
    Davana, Cistus, Cosmone and Civet added to the "sparkle silver" effect.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Jeroen.

I'd expect there to be some ambrox/ambroxan/ambrofix in there too to get that effect, possibly also celestolide.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Hi Chris, that are some great suggestions! I was only referring to the ingredients used in the demo formula that emphasize the Olibanum "silver sparkle". In addition to that and your suggestions in the ambro-range, might i suggest Ambrocenide? Just obtained some of this aroma chemical from Linda at The PA, diluted to 2% and it's beyond believe, the sparkling shining effect of this stuff! Celestolide is a beauty. And come to think of it, somewhat more waxy, but totally fresh and sparkling: Ultrazur. Did not try it in ambery accords myself, probably too clean, but the character of the aroma chemical could promise a sliver sparkle. ;-)

Yep, agree completely about Ambrocenide and 1-2% is about right because it's very strong stuff - you can use it alongside ambroxide or in place of it and get a slightly different effect. Also a good idea on the Ultrazur, which is a great ingredient, but personally I would go for Precyclemone B for this application as it's lighter and not waxy. Other alternatives include Floralozone or just a trace of Calone (but only a trace or it will loose the ambery nature).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I am in agreement on Olibanum EO for this too - Boswellia sacra / carteri or possibly rivae but not neglecta which is too smoky/musty for this.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Wow! Thank you both very much!! I am just planning my next organ-expansion order, hehe, so I am so glad to have a few good directions to go in ( and of course the benefit of new scents to play with).
    Thank you both again!