Code of Conduct

Default Can you suggest a perfume for me? I'm fed up with all the 'non-descript' fragrances out there!

Hi - I've just joined so hello everybody!
    I'm addicted to perfume but don't really know much about how they are made up (base, middle, top notes) and words such a silage (if that is spelt correctly!).
    I've got lots of perfumes but I'm after something that is that little bit special. Something that the masses won't buy in the local department store. Something unique and something me. I can't afford a bespoke perfume to be made for me - but I'd love to find something that suits my personality (if that makes any sense), the things I love in life and even suits how I 'look'.
    So a bit about me, the perfumes I already have and like and the scents I hate.

Perfumes I love: Coco Chanel, Guerlain Samsara, Dior Addict, Dior Hypnotic Poison, Chanel Allure, Guerlain Shalimar (and also the new Shalimar Parfum Initial), Narcisco Rodriguez for her, Opium, Belle de Opium and Agent Provocuteur (pink bottle).

Perfumes I hate - anything that is 'marine' smelling, wishy washy like CK One, too flowery, insipid perfumes. Anything that you can imagine a teenager wearing - I hate!!1

Things I love in life: ancient history (Rome, Egypt, Greece), horses, the colours black, red and purple. Middle Eastern smells (exotic).

My personality: fesity, intelligent, funny, loving

Looks (if you need to know?!): age 35, very dark long hair, medium skin and grey eyes. Curvy.

I want something that smells womanly and is unique (ish). HELP!!!!! Thanks people xxxxx

Default Re: Can you suggest a perfume for me? I'm fed up with all the 'non-descript' fragrances out there!

I don't blame you for being tired of non descipt scents. I do think you have extremely good taste. I just sampled this one the other day and was blown away how good it was.

Here's where to buy. You can purchase a sample, so you don't have to blind buy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/11749614...ecial-ltd-ed-1

Here's a nice video review, and it's all true.

http://ytube.com.ua/watch/HgGCFQu0Bo...-giveaway.html

Default Re: Can you suggest a perfume for me? I'm fed up with all the 'non-descript' fragrances out there!

Seems like you love oriental perfumes.
    Try the Amouage, Serge Lutens and Montale lines.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would suggest getting samples of or finding in a Department store to sample:
    Perfume Sacre' by Caron
    Feminite du Bois By Shiseido
    Black Orchid by Tom Ford
    Intuition By Estee Lauder

Welcome to Basenotes!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Overcome By Fumes

Rochas Femme, Molinard Habanita, Guerlain Vol de Nuit

Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo. It's getting hard to find and is mostly discontinued. It's a fiery, spicy scent, making a statement, could be perfect for someone who loves orientals, but it all comes down to skin chemistry.

Scent Intense by Costume National. A noveau-oriental? A unisex fruity-floral? Whatever you want to call it, I think it would fit in with your collection.

You seem to like 'lush' and 'rich'. Go straight to Serge Lutens (do not pass 'go').

Btw - Sillage is French for the 'wake' a ship leaves and has been transposed to the 'smell' a person leaves as they pass.

I was also going to add a +1 to Serge Lutens. Especially try Ambre Sultan if you like Middle Eastern-y aromas. It's rich, wonderful and long lasting you might just fall in love with it.

Welcome to Basenotes, fellow Brit!

Thank you everybody!!!!! Much appreciated xxx

I think you would love Clive Christian X. You can sample from Lucky Scents.com
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme