Code of Conduct

Thread: Angel men

Default Angel men

Well, I posted before asking for a fragrance with a great projection and that gets compliments to wear to go out at night, especially on a date. I had some suggestions but unfortunately I didn't have the oportunity to try all of them, especially dior homme intense that attracted me more than the others... I had the oportunity to try angel men and I loved it!
    I want the opinion of your experienced noses :P... Is it a good frangrance to wear at night (especially on a date), projects great and gets a lot of compliments? Should I buy it before trying Dior homme intense ?

Thank you!!!

@edit
    PS: Uniquiness is something really important for me as well,It doesn't have to be the most unique fragrance in the world but I dont want to wear something the girls at my age range usually smell on the other guys..

Default Re: Angel men

You should wear the fragrance, don't let the fragrance wear you. That said, I don't see why you can't wear A*Men at night or on a date. Except, it tends to be pretty loud so if your date doesn't like it, you might be in for a rough night.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would try the Dior Homme Intense and you might find it a better "night out" frag. It's not as in your face strong as A Men which could be offensive to a date.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by victorcotrim View Post
    I want the opinion of your experienced noses :P... Is it a good frangrance to wear at night (especially on a date), projects great and gets a lot of compliments?

Thank you!!!
    IMO Yes.

CologneFan85

La Nuit De L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent Seriously it's the panty dropper

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    La Nuit De L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent Seriously it's the panty dropper
    Dude! You're not supposed to use the phrase "panty dropper" unless it's ironically. It's in the rules - look it up.

OP - A*Men and DHI both will probably work for you. I don't think either will be very unique, though. Should you try DHI before buying A*Men? Of course. Why wouldn't you?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CologneFan85

Oops, I am very sorry!

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Oops, I am very sorry!
    Well ... I don't think it's really in the rules - it should be though. Mods?

Besides, everyone knows that Aventus is the true panty dropper. I don't even like it much, but I have to give it that.
    If my proposed forum rule change is accepted, please interpret the above accordingly.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CologneFan85

I own Aventus and rarely use it. I think its highly overrated. Yes at first I thought it was great due to the opening, but the dry down was lackluster in my opinion.

Of course. People will mention how it's overused, however that is only true within the fragrance community. I don't know anyone around me who wears A*Men.

I smell A*Men (and/or similar fragrances) quite often around here. It may be different where you live though.

For years, I'd walk by the fragrance counter at Macy's and take a whiff of A*men. I felt it was way too strong BUT there was always something about it that I really liked. There was also something about it I didn't like beyond the too strong element. So, I always opted to not buy it.

Fast forward to two months ago...I decided to go ahead and buy a small bottle of it at Amazon. I 'm glad I did. I really have grown to like it a lot. In fact, I like it so much that I very recently blind bought bought Pure Malt which I like even better than the original. Also, from recommendations made here at BN, I also blind bought Havane last night. I will see how that one turns out once I receive it.

CologneFan85

It's the must have scent for Fall/Winter if you are into gourmands. Might be very typical for fragrance fans, but seriously uncommon still for people who rarely buy them. The general public wont know and still ask what you are wearing.

Finally tried a sample of Angel men recently. It's definitely interesting. I get a mix of peppermint, chocolate, and that tar/rubber note that people mention.

CologneFan85

Its LOVE or HATE for most

i just bought angel men and i have to say its not that big of a projector as it said to be at least not on my skin, so go get a sample and try it