Lauder for Men
Giorgio Beverly Hills
Lauder for men by Estee Lauder (1985)
Giorgio Beverly Hills (1986)
Givenchy Gentleman (1974)
If you chose 'other', mention the one you prefer over the above (stick with 70s & 80s).
Now *this* is more my kind of "battle". Assuming the vintage versions of all of them where they smell their best, Giorgio for Men is the winner but all of them are great.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Vintage Giorgio for Men
how come only 3 ?
why not 19 & the last box for others
Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.
Drakkar 'Noir" vintage
"Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "
Givenchy Gentleman (1974) > Lauder for men by Estee Lauder (1985) Giorgio Beverly Hills (1986)
Gentleman is my choice
Lapidus Pour Homme
All three are excellent - Giorgio for Men (preferably vintage)
Gentleman but it's no powerhouse at all imo............
My Top '10' : (In no particular order)
- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
- Annick Goutal: Ambre Fetiche
- Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo
- Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
- Amouage: Epic
- MPG: Santal Noble
- Acqua di Parma: Colonia Intensa Oud
- Histoires de Parfums: 1740 Marquis de Sade
- Pal Zileri: Cuoio
- YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)
My current top five:
Dior - Leather Oud
Carven - Pour Homme
Guerlain - Coriolan
Yves Saint Laurent - Jazz Prestige
Azzaro - Pour Homme (vtg)
My sales thread | Rare, discontinued & vintage stuff! Patou pour Homme, Escada, Lancome, Versace...
My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat
I'd go with Givenchy Gentleman, but to be fair, it's been ages since I smelled it. I've seen some compare H.O.T. Always to it, and I don't remember the two smelling similar, but they might. I smelled them a few years apart! I think H.O.T. Always is seriously underrated. Or, maybe "under appreciated" is more appropriate? It's quite compelling.
"Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam