Code of Conduct

Default Is there anything that smells like Givenchy Gentleman, but lasts longer and is stronger?

That's it, that's all I want to know! I love this fragrance, but just wish it was a bit more powerful and longer lasting.

Default Re: Is there anything that smells like Givenchy Gentleman, but lasts longer and is stronger?

Only the vintage GG, which is hard to find.
    I sprayed the new stuff on a woollen overcoat and it lasted for weeks.

Default Re: Is there anything that smells like Givenchy Gentleman, but lasts longer and is stronger?

Off hand nothing comes to mind. It's somewhat unique.

Sound Scents

First off, if you have not tried the vintage version of Givenchy Gentleman seek that out as it is far superior to the current release that is a shadow of its former self and I think the vintage is plenty strong with excellent longevity. That said, if you have already tried the vintage and still feel you need something stronger and longer lasting in the same vein, seek out Giorgio VIP Special Reserve. It is discontinued and tends to cost an arm and a leg but it is worth it, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

+1 On the vintage but the current one is very strong and long lasting.

What Jack said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    +1 On the vintage but the current one is very strong and long lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
    That's it, that's all I want to know! I love this fragrance, but just wish it was a bit more powerful and longer lasting.
    woa !! more powerfull
    if its vintage you have & love .. thats as strong as they come

Giorgio Beverly Hills perhaps. It's nice, massively strong and in the same ballpark. I own both but do prefer Gentleman.

Bond No.9 Hot Always bears a close resemblance to Givenchy Gentleman. It has notes of patchouli, russian leather & civet and boasts monumental sillage and longevity - 24hrs + easily!

I made the mistake of spraying myself 2-3 times with this in Saks, San Francisco in searing summer heat and had to pop back to the hotel to wash it off - I nearly passed out...!
    Last edited by Derbyman; 7th January 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Bond No.9 Hot Always bears a close resemblance to Givenchy Gentleman. It has notes of patchouli, russian leather & civet and boasts monumental sillage and longevity - 24hrs + easily!

I made the mistake of spraying myself 2-3 times with this in Saks, San Francisco in searing summer heat and had to pop back to the hotel to wash it off - I nearly passed out...!
    +1.

I've heard that Etro Patchouli is very similar but stronger, haven't tried it yet.

I cant even imaging one stronger than GG.

Another vote in favor of the vintage formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    +1.
    +2.

H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9 is what you're looking for.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Dependent

Davidoff Zino has a bit more going on and trades the leather for clary sage etc. But it definitely has the patchouli vanilla sandalwood thing. Vintage has very good potency and longevity . . . sometimes it's even a bit too much for me. I tend to spray away from chest, then it's wonderful.

Try Pachouli based frag... there are so many of them ... GO with Patchouli Patch

Thanks for the recommendations. I've ordered Giorgio Beverly Hills ,and Davidoff Zino at very reasonable prices. The Bond No 9 will be my treat when I go to New York as it appears ot be a bit more reasonable over there than here in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9 is what you're looking for.
    I'm not a big fan of Bond #9, but I must admit this is true. They just took the idea of Givenchy Gentleman and used top quality ingredients and voila, H.O.T. Always. It's certainly not original, but it is exactly what you're asking for.

To my nose, there are some similarities between Givenchy Gentleman and Aramis Tuscany per Uomo. I like better Tuscany, it evolves much nicer on my skin.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Quote Originally Posted by rüssel View Post
    Giorgio Beverly Hills perhaps. It's nice, massively strong and in the same ballpark. I own both but do prefer gentleman.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. I've ordered Giorgio Beverly Hills ,and Davidoff Zino at very reasonable prices. The Bond No 9 will be my treat when I go to New York as it appears ot be a bit more reasonable over there than here in the UK!
    Excellent choices . . . please report back once you give them full wearings . . . cheers . . . Wally

Yeah, I'm sure you'll love the Zino & Giorgio - good additions to a collection containing Givenchy Gentleman and both long lasting powerhouses....especially the Giorgio!

I'll third HOT Always...also check out Mazzolari Lui.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I was wearing Gentleman the other day, and had the thought that it's very like Black Aoud without the rose. You can't get much stronger or longer lasting than Black Aoud...

Perhaps Aramis...doesn't smell exactly the same but its in the same ballpark in terms of vintage patchouli attitude.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, I'm sure you'll love the Zino & Giorgio - good additions to a collection containing Givenchy Gentleman and both long lasting powerhouses....especially the Giorgio!

That is a crazy pic of Giorgio! Can totally relate. I'm wearing vintage Givenchy Gentleman today and it is definitely much better than the CF so far.

Aramis 900 - for the patchouli and longevity, although I find there is nothing that compares to Givenchy Gentleman, it's unique.

Dang - the Givenchy Gentleman I got from Basenotes seller was a beast. I would want it any stronger. Must have been an older version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    Try Pachouli based frag... there are so many of them ... GO with Patchouli Patch
    +1 That

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_man View Post
    I've heard that Etro Patchouli is very similar but stronger, haven't tried it yet.
    Just bought a new bottle of Etro Patchouly and I am a little disappointed of the new formulation.
    The old one was much more complex. The new one is rather thin, although the patchouli note lasts all day,
    on clothes several days, but it's very well-behaved.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Aramis 900 - for the patchouli and longevity, although I find there is nothing that compares to Givenchy Gentleman, it's unique.
    Thanks for the Aramis 900 tip. I've been meaning to put it on my list - it's there now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is, however it is a patchouli thermonuclear bomb: Arrogance Pour Homme. It's Italian and is available cheap on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrogance-Po...item19e5bf031b

Quote Originally Posted by Boge View Post
    Yes, there is, however it is a patchouli thermonuclear bomb: Arrogance Pour Homme. It's Italian and is available cheap on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrogance-Po...item19e5bf031b
    agree with you Boge ...... nice price also !!
    I have 4 minis of the EDT & a large EDP which i find very earthy , dark & potent ...

I just purchased a Vintage bottle of G.G. and it is very nice but doesn't seem to last long on my skin? Maybe I'm use to the strength of Giorgio?

Basenotes Plus

From my vintage sample of GG, it was a lot more subtle than Giorgio, which is good for me. You've inspired me to wear GG to work tomorrow which I would do on Fridays only with Giorgio.

Yes there is, that stuff skunks produce.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing it at work today. It's pretty darned strong with just one spray from a sample decant. I'll think twice before wearing to the office again. Anything stronger would be fire breathing :-)

Blog Entries

You may like to try Ajne- Savoir or Jovoy- Private Label plus one for ​Mazzolari Lui.

The vintage stuff is what you want and worth seeking out. I bought it on ebay about 6 weeks ago for a fair price; I suggest you look there for the real deal.

Etro Patchouly is nothing like GG............The Etro is not dirty (civet) at all and way more flowery and has a more prominent gentle patchouly. Imo a patchouly scent that comes way closer to GG, especially in the opening is The Elixer version of Reminiscence Patchouly.

GG is also not alike Tuscany per Umo which is pretty similar to Azzaro pour homme but softer and without the anise.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_man View Post
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

How funny! I was just mentioning this gem in another thread. I can't vouch for how closely it resembles Givenchy Gentleman, but I can say for sure that it's quite a compelling scent that I think deserves more love here in the forum. It's really worth giving a sniff, that's for sure. And while many Bond bottles look tacky, this one is great.

"Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam