Code of Conduct

Default Difference between La Nuit and L'homme

I own and like YSL L'homme. On me it's both strong and long lasting.
    Now I've read about La nuit de l'homme, that it is supposed a compliment getter but is more suited for nighttime wearing (could be just an association people make thanks to the marketing team 'la nuit / the night').

Does it differ much from the original L'homme? Do you think it is worth owning both?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: Difference between La Nuit and L'homme

Very different to me. L'homme is more versitile, a very safe everyday scent. Projection and longevity are moderate. La Nuit is more of an evening or date scent. It's very sweet, sometimes cloyingly so. I also find it slightly feminine. Projection and longevity are stellar though.

Definitely worth sniffing out as its a very different scent to the original.

For my taste la nuit is too sweet and I just don't like it even though I want to. L'Homme is more versatile but yes, you can also wear la nuit in any occasion imo, not just in night time. Try it out and if you like it why not to get it too.

Basenotes Member

I can't say I've tested L'Homme that extensively but La Nuit was very sweet and powdery, too much for me anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. I might try La nuit but I generally don't like strong, sweet and powdery fragrances.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Does it differ much from the original L'homme? Do you think it is worth owning both?
    Yes. and Yes IMO.

L' homme is more suited for a mature crowd (lovely scent). La Nuit is too sweet and seems more suited for a younger crowd.

Banned
    Blog Entries

La Nuit is darker and spicier
    L'Homme is safer

I do agree with the night-day comparison. But you could wear La Nuit in the day easily. And L'Homme at night easily. It's just the associations Basenotes members made.

Both are similar, yet different.

I say both are worth owning if you like them both. They complement each other. But if you only like one of them or none of them, then you shouldn't get both.

In my opinion, yes, they are different enough, as to justify owning both.

L'Homme is much lighter than La Nuit, considerably less sweet and on my skin lacks longevity and projection, whereas La Nuit lasts very long and projects exquisitely.

Both are different. you can own them.

LA Nuit is powdery and sweet but still had the Lhomme DNA. Different enough to own both and yes you will get tons of compliments. Just be careful how you apply because you will smoke yourself out.

La Nuit is a bit sweeter.
    I think if you own one, your money is better spent elsewhere to round out you wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I might try La nuit but I generally don't like strong, sweet and powdery fragrances.
    If that's the case you probably won't like La Nuit. I like La Nuit the best of the 3 main ones, but I am not fond of ginger in many designer fragrances and I tend to like strong and powdery a lot
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I used a total 100ml bottle of L'Homme, then I bought one 200ml bottle of both L'Homme and La Nuit!
    I think it's now clear!
    L'Homme is a very versatile and safe scent. La nuit is more special at first sniffing, but relatively soon it gets boring and not suitable for everyday and every occasion usage.
    Just two different fragrances that both worth owning one full bottle...

like between Dolce PH & Pure Havane

I own both.
    L'Homme is a sweet, yet crisp scent, whereas la nuit is a sweet gourmandish scent.