Code of Conduct

Default DHI projection is terrible??!

Dior Homme Intense to date is my favorite fragrances so I recently lashed out and ordered a 150ml bottle from Strawberrynet and couldnt be more happy with the scent.

The only problem is within an hour the projection on my skin is down to 1 - 2"..

Why is this so, what is going on here?? This is an expensive French made EDP, I would have expected a lot better than this!

I get better projection and sillage from D&G Pour Homme which is renowned for being a watered down version of what it use to be (from what im told ive never got to try the Italian or even the German version)

Does anybody else find this? Im really disappointed

Default Re: DHI projection is terrible??!

How often do you wear it? It could just be your nose getting used to the scent and not registering it as much. You might still be projecting throughout the entire room without you even noticing it.

I use to think that when I purchased my first bottle. You can go heavy on this and it won't become cloying. Believe me.....I tried. The thing is everyone else will smell it on you. You can try it by spraying it on an article of clothing. As you walk by that article of clothing, you will get wiffs of this masterpiece. Enjoy bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    How often do you wear it? It could just be your nose getting used to the scent and not registering it as much. You might still be projecting throughout the entire room without you even noticing it.
    Not that often, ive also asked other people a few hours after applying and they have to get within a few inches before they can smell it. Its not the longevity either, its still there at the end of the day its just so close to the skin

My experience is just the opposite. Projection is very good for me.

DHI sticks to the skin like a leech, but its projection is not strong ... but is let notice.

DHI projects just fine on my skin and people most definately will smell it on you.

It projects very well on my skin for the first 3 hours. Then, moderate-low after that and becomes more incensy, in which I get whiffs of it through the rest of its scent life.

P.S. This is my experience with the vintage formulation. I haven't tried the latest one.

In my experience edp's tend to sit closer to the skin than their edt counterparts, case in point LIDGE/L'instant, La Nuit de L'homme/La Nuit le Parfum, Midnight in Paris/MIP Parfum, I also feel that Dior Homme edt projects better than DHI.

It's by no means a projection monster on me. Puzzles me when people label this a good night out fragrance. Maybe for dinner or something like that, but certainly not suitable for a club on my skin.

Nah bro! Something is wrong there... I have the reformulated version and it lasts and projects like an absolute beast!

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    Nah bro! Something is wrong there... I have the reformulated version and it lasts and projects like an absolute beast!
    So do I, and it doesn't on me. Doesn't mean anything's "wrong". Skin chemistry, climate, any number of things.

EXCUSE ME Gents...
    yesterday I sprayed in each side of the neck at 7 AM and at 8 PM my girlfriend said that I smelled good. its the reformulated DHI, 12 hours later!!! Try this: rotate your collection. Your noise will apreciate. I have 6 diferent parfums rotating each one everyday and believe me DHI do LASTS like a BEAST!

Personally I think dh projects stronger than dhi

Gorgeous scent, but I find it doesn't have big projection, especially in the current version. The original was much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi7k View Post
    I also get this but doesn't last as long

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Gorgeous scent, but I find it doesn't have big projection, especially in the current version. The original was much stronger.
    I disagree that it's much stronger. Besides more cocoa in the opening and stronger projection for the first 45 minutes or so they're damn near identical. Sure isn't worth the extra $100 to $200 your going to have to fork over for the vintage.

In my experience, DH and DHI, whether original or reformulated, have fine projection and longevity. I average at least six to eight hours, and perhaps more, from all four.

And absolutely the reformulated DHI is a fine product, well worthy of the DHI name.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

The original DHI was a crazy beast, I'll tell you that! 24h+ and mad projection for 12 is what I got out of DHI before they ruined the beautiful juice with reformulations!

Projection with current formulas are weak, same thing with the longevity too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    The original DHI was a crazy beast, I'll tell you that! 24h+ and mad projection for 12 is what I got out of DHI before they ruined the beautiful juice with reformulations!

Projection with current formulas are weak, same thing with the longevity too.
    they are about the same to me. maybe just some pear in the new formulation.

I've never known DHI to be a projection beast. For me, the original formula am current one are identical as far as longevity am projection. People will definitely know you're wearing it, just maybe not 10 feet away.

It's also possible that projection and sillage are being confused. What I've noticed that very few frags after they've been on for a while really "project" at all if you're not moving, so I never trust the, "See how close you can get before you smell me" test. If you're moving around, or if your body temperature goes up it might cause it to start being noticed more by others, but I wouldn't sweat someone not noticing it just by putting their nose up to where you sprayed it.

All in all the sillage is more important than the projection IMO, as that's the one that draws others in.

DHI reformulated and vintage last a very long time with modest projection. At one point I was using DHI so frequently I couldnt smell it after five minutes. Like others have said in this thread you need to rotate your fragrances or you will become immune to the same scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I've never known DHI to be a projection beast. For me, the original formula am current one are identical as far as longevity am projection. People will definitely know you're wearing it, just maybe not 10 feet away.
    +1

There isn't a big difference between the vintage and reform except in the mid-notes where the reform is a bit sweeter. Other than that they are extremely close. I've been wearing both for years and have a well trained nose.

Basenotes Junkie

I have the April 2011 bottles and I dont know how far it projects but people do smell it

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    Yup I've been there, I've given it a rest for a while even though its still one of my favorite fragrances of all time..

Quote Originally Posted by orochi7k View Post
    That's actually a fact. But, I prefer DHI's incensy type of projection.

I worry that people 50 yards downwind from me can smell one spray of DHI on me. Extremely strong on me. Sillage and longevity are both immense.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I worry that people 50 yards downwind from me can smell one spray of DHI on me. Extremely strong on me. Sillage and longevity are both immense.
    Do you have a black or a silver collar around the atomizer?

For those that wear vintage DHI you can see their sillage trail on Google Earth. Looks like a smoke stack with really small feet.
    Last edited by silentrich; 8th January 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    For those that wear vintage DHI you can see their sillage trail on Google Earth. Looks like a smoke stack with really small feet.
    LOL..Hec Yeah!

I own the reform and it projects fine for about 3-4 hours and lasts a good 7-8 on my skin.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille