Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Torrente Men ~ WOW !!

I had a bottle of this in my collection and for some reason it didn't register as something special with me so I sold it on. Now I have come across it again.One spray and it absolutely blew my mind !!! It's quite ambery ~ and amber is usually not my thing at all, but this stuff is incredible. It has great silliage and longevity.
    Does anyone please have a list of notes for this one ?......I've looked on scentdirect and fragrantica, but no luck.
    Please share your views if you know this fragrance.
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Default Re: Torrente Men ~ WOW !!

Wow this sounds wonderful. I really enjoy their ladies scents and didn't even know there was a men's scent too. I'm assuming its discontinued? How long ago did you have it David and when approximately do you think it was launched?

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I had a bottle of this in my collection and for some reason it didn't register as something special with me so I sold it on. Now I have come across it again.One spray and it absolutely blew my mind !!! It's quite ambery ~ and amber is usually not my thing at all, but this stuff is incredible. It has great silliage and longevity.
    Does anyone please have a list of notes for this one ?......I've looked on scentdirect and fragrantica, but no luck.
    Please share your views if you know this fragrance.
    Curious - Is Torrente the name of the house, and where is it made?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Wow this sounds wonderful. I really enjoy their ladies scents and didn't even know there was a men's scent too. I'm assuming its discontinued? How long ago did you have it David and when approximately do you think it was launched?
    Hi,
    I would agree with the reviewer of this fragrance that it was probably a seventies release. It is listed with a photo in the basenotes directory.
    To my nose it shares the same strange note that is in Bandit, but it is definitely note a leather fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Curious - Is Torrente the name of the house, and where is it made?
    Torrente is the name of the house. I think it is french. On the bottom of the box it says Parfums Torrente, Paris, France.
    I have just sprayed it on a test strip. It's really strong stuff and very seventies. It reminds me of an italian obscure fragrance.(also from the seventies) called Agnona Uomo. Agnona is a Milan based fashion house.
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.