Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Versace for men (2013)

Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir was launched in 2013. The fragrance features leather, agarwood (oud), oriental woodsy notes and spices.

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Versace for men (2013)

About time Versace joined the oud wagon, following the pack. I dont mind this if it actually proves that the fragrance will be good enough, as Versace regular line is well placed in terms of price paid and quality received (compared with other designer houses).

From what i saw in a picture, its going to be an EDP and apparently aims towards the Middle East market. So I hope it wont be a Oud fragrance with just a small touch of oud, which smells like a dozen other generic synthetic new crap releases (example CK - Encounter).
    Last edited by Sylver; 8th January 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by sylver View Post
    about time versace joined the oud wagon, following the pack.
    lol!

Wow. Thought this was a joke at first, but interested to try it. Soon to be followed by Chanel Oud Homme Sport Eau extreme?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Well Oud is not a trend in Eastern perfumery, its an institution. I doubt this will be like CK Encounter, which is horrible. I do like Pour homme by Versace, so I have hopes for this. The bottle is nice.

The bottle is beautiful, hope the juice inside wont be bad. Does anyone know when it will be available worldwide?

I've read on other boards that those who have bought says it lacks longevity.

Welcome to

TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme

I wonder which will be better: Davidoff Hot Water Nigtht (featuring OUD) or Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir?? As miniscule as I know the OUD will be in these, I'm still looking forward to sniffing both.
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Oud...ah well, oud it is.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

I think it will be in the same ranks as Encounter. Both Ck and Versace seem to be making similar quality fragrances.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

With this new one, if Versace can go back to basics and pick up where the likes of L'homme and Versus Uomo left off. We could be looking at a great new fragrance for the coming year.
    I have yet to try Eros and wonder what people are saying about it ?......

double post....oops
    Last edited by stanmar; 10th January 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Anyone try this yet?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

looks like it's "available exclusively to Middle East"

Just curious about it, naming a clean fresh scent with oud and noir...!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    looks like it's "available exclusively to Middle East"

It's available at Harrods in London. I haven't had a chance to go and try it yet though

I tried out their other recent release "Eros", the bottle is amazing and the juice crappy. Again, here the bottle looks amazing, is the juice ----???

smells nice BUT AVOID , it virtually vanishes within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    smells nice BUT AVOID , it virtually vanishes within an hour.
    Thanks for the update. I am assuming it's now available in the US?
    Current Favorites (In the last month):

Terre D'Hermes (EDT)
    Bergamote 22 - Le Labo
    Cologne Indelebile - FM
    Rose 31 - Le Labo
    Memoir Man - Amouage
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Now that would be a hell of a flanker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Wow. Thought this was a joke at first, but interested to try it. Soon to be followed by Chanel Oud Homme Sport Eau extreme?

Guess it's not limited to the Middle East anymore, saw it available at the Bay (department store). I tried it and have to say I really enjoyed it, nice oud note (despite it's somewhat recognizable syntheticness) deep, dark, a hint of leather and some spices to keep it interesting, i swear I smelled rose in there even though it's not listed. I forgot to ask for a sample but will next time I'm there as I think it's a winner and would certainly enjoy a bottle.

What shocked me though was the price of a 100 ml bottle. It was going for $175, even though they offered me a coupon which would save me $10, and what made me laugh was that it's going for much less then that on Ebay. It's a really solid scent but there is no way in hell I can justify paying that much for a Versace scent.

That really pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Guess it's not limited to the Middle East anymore, saw it available at the Bay (department store). I tried it and have to say I really enjoyed it, nice oud note (despite it's somewhat recognizable syntheticness) deep, dark, a hint of leather and some spices to keep it interesting, i swear I smelled rose in there even though it's not listed. I forgot to ask for a sample but will next time I'm there as I think it's a winner and would certainly enjoy a bottle.

What shocked me though was the price of a 100 ml bottle. It was going for $175, even though they offered me a coupon which would save me $10, and what made me laugh was that it's going for much less then that on Ebay. It's a really solid scent but there is no way in hell I can justify paying that much for a Versace scent.

Did you try it on your skin? What was longevity like?

I see a lot of very negative comments about this one due to extremely poor longevity. But i can't help but think about the recent influx of bottles on ebay selling for around 45-50$. I'm wondering if they're fake, and a good majority of folks are getting their hands on those and forming their opinions based on that.

There was a chap that got a bottle from the USA that got a bottle when it first launched from Universal Perfumes (which are legit). he said longevity was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

I see a lot of very negative comments about this one due to extremely poor longevity. But i can't help but think about the recent influx of bottles on ebay selling for around 45-50$. I'm wondering if they're fake, and a good majority of folks are getting their hands on those and forming their opinions based on that.

There was a chap that got a bottle from the USA that got a bottle when it first launched from Universal Perfumes (which are legit). he said longevity was excellent.

I got about 8-10 hours from a bottle i bought from my local mall... so its average longevity for me. Definitely cant say its poor. But take into consideration that i am in the tropics with summer and high humidity all year around.

Great fragrance, reminds me of Versace Man. Just great, longevity on me is 6-8h

No I didn't try it on my skin, just on paper but it didn't seem like it was radiating to much. I have yet to form a proper opinion on this so I need a sample and will give it a try/wearing when I can at home.

I haven't seen prices that low. I've seen them going for between $90-100 plus shipping around about $115-125. Which is somewhat more reasonable considering it's hard to get and apparently limited.

I tried it at Hudson's Bay in Canada, it has poor longevity and pretty much everyone on Fragrantica says the same thing. No its too recent to be faked, the ones online are from Indian/Pakistani distributors who bring obscure fragrances from the GCC to the US, like Versace Oud, Ferrari essence series, Charriol , Panouge.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post

The pricing in Canada is insane, they were selling Ferrari Essence series there for 134 + tax which is about 150 dollars.
    Fragrancenet is selling the tester for one of them for 21 dollars lol. .

Wow this looks exciting
    I called my department stores here in the states and it seems no one has heard of it