Code of Conduct

Default Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Versace for men (2013)

Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir was launched in 2013. The fragrance features leather, agarwood (oud), oriental woodsy notes and spices.

Default Re: Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Versace for men (2013)

About time Versace joined the oud wagon, following the pack. I dont mind this if it actually proves that the fragrance will be good enough, as Versace regular line is well placed in terms of price paid and quality received (compared with other designer houses).

From what i saw in a picture, its going to be an EDP and apparently aims towards the Middle East market. So I hope it wont be a Oud fragrance with just a small touch of oud, which smells like a dozen other generic synthetic new crap releases (example CK - Encounter).
    Last edited by Sylver; 8th January 2013 at 09:13 PM.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by sylver View Post
    about time versace joined the oud wagon, following the pack.
    lol!

Wow. Thought this was a joke at first, but interested to try it. Soon to be followed by Chanel Oud Homme Sport Eau extreme?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Well Oud is not a trend in Eastern perfumery, its an institution. I doubt this will be like CK Encounter, which is horrible. I do like Pour homme by Versace, so I have hopes for this. The bottle is nice.

The bottle is beautiful, hope the juice inside wont be bad. Does anyone know when it will be available worldwide?

I've read on other boards that those who have bought says it lacks longevity.

Welcome to

TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I wonder which will be better: Davidoff Hot Water Nigtht (featuring OUD) or Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir?? As miniscule as I know the OUD will be in these, I'm still looking forward to sniffing both.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garšons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Oud...ah well, oud it is.

I think it will be in the same ranks as Encounter. Both Ck and Versace seem to be making similar quality fragrances.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

With this new one, if Versace can go back to basics and pick up where the likes of L'homme and Versus Uomo left off. We could be looking at a great new fragrance for the coming year.
    I have yet to try Eros and wonder what people are saying about it ?......

double post....oops
    Last edited by stanmar; 10th January 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Anyone try this yet?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

looks like it's "available exclusively to Middle East"

Just curious about it, naming a clean fresh scent with oud and noir...!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    looks like it's "available exclusively to Middle East"

It's available at Harrods in London. I haven't had a chance to go and try it yet though

I tried out their other recent release "Eros", the bottle is amazing and the juice crappy. Again, here the bottle looks amazing, is the juice ----???

smells nice BUT AVOID , it virtually vanishes within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    smells nice BUT AVOID , it virtually vanishes within an hour.
    Thanks for the update. I am assuming it's now available in the US?

Now that would be a hell of a flanker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Wow. Thought this was a joke at first, but interested to try it. Soon to be followed by Chanel Oud Homme Sport Eau extreme?

Guess it's not limited to the Middle East anymore, saw it available at the Bay (department store). I tried it and have to say I really enjoyed it, nice oud note (despite it's somewhat recognizable syntheticness) deep, dark, a hint of leather and some spices to keep it interesting, i swear I smelled rose in there even though it's not listed. I forgot to ask for a sample but will next time I'm there as I think it's a winner and would certainly enjoy a bottle.

What shocked me though was the price of a 100 ml bottle. It was going for $175, even though they offered me a coupon which would save me $10, and what made me laugh was that it's going for much less then that on Ebay. It's a really solid scent but there is no way in hell I can justify paying that much for a Versace scent.

That really pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Guess it's not limited to the Middle East anymore, saw it available at the Bay (department store). I tried it and have to say I really enjoyed it, nice oud note (despite it's somewhat recognizable syntheticness) deep, dark, a hint of leather and some spices to keep it interesting, i swear I smelled rose in there even though it's not listed. I forgot to ask for a sample but will next time I'm there as I think it's a winner and would certainly enjoy a bottle.

What shocked me though was the price of a 100 ml bottle. It was going for $175, even though they offered me a coupon which would save me $10, and what made me laugh was that it's going for much less then that on Ebay. It's a really solid scent but there is no way in hell I can justify paying that much for a Versace scent.

Did you try it on your skin? What was longevity like?

I see a lot of very negative comments about this one due to extremely poor longevity. But i can't help but think about the recent influx of bottles on ebay selling for around 45-50$. I'm wondering if they're fake, and a good majority of folks are getting their hands on those and forming their opinions based on that.

There was a chap that got a bottle from the USA that got a bottle when it first launched from Universal Perfumes (which are legit). he said longevity was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

I see a lot of very negative comments about this one due to extremely poor longevity. But i can't help but think about the recent influx of bottles on ebay selling for around 45-50$. I'm wondering if they're fake, and a good majority of folks are getting their hands on those and forming their opinions based on that.

There was a chap that got a bottle from the USA that got a bottle when it first launched from Universal Perfumes (which are legit). he said longevity was excellent.

I got about 8-10 hours from a bottle i bought from my local mall... so its average longevity for me. Definitely cant say its poor. But take into consideration that i am in the tropics with summer and high humidity all year around.

Great fragrance, reminds me of Versace Man. Just great, longevity on me is 6-8h

No I didn't try it on my skin, just on paper but it didn't seem like it was radiating to much. I have yet to form a proper opinion on this so I need a sample and will give it a try/wearing when I can at home.

I haven't seen prices that low. I've seen them going for between $90-100 plus shipping around about $115-125. Which is somewhat more reasonable considering it's hard to get and apparently limited.

I tried it at Hudson's Bay in Canada, it has poor longevity and pretty much everyone on Fragrantica says the same thing. No its too recent to be faked, the ones online are from Indian/Pakistani distributors who bring obscure fragrances from the GCC to the US, like Versace Oud, Ferrari essence series, Charriol , Panouge.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post

The pricing in Canada is insane, they were selling Ferrari Essence series there for 134 + tax which is about 150 dollars.
    Fragrancenet is selling the tester for one of them for 21 dollars lol. .

Wow this looks exciting
    I called my department stores here in the states and it seems no one has heard of it

This has been on my radar for a while. It is on my list to blind buy soon, but keeps getting pushed back (was going to order it from UniversalPerfumesAndCosmetics). But if it may be making it's way to the North American distributors, that would be great!

I bought this stuff in October last year. It has a amazing leather, spice, oud-ish opening also with some freshness in it and I bought it based on the first impression alone. On me it works well for about 3-4 hours but then it dies down to a skin scent. Of course I wish this great scent would last longer and project stronger but I don't regret buying that full bottle.

/JRV

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    The pricing in Canada is insane, they were selling Ferrari Essence series there for 134 + tax which is about 150 dollars.
    Fragrancenet is selling the tester for one of them for 21 dollars lol. .
    It sure is and the taxes, especially in Ontario, are outrageous.

That's why I rarely buy scents at retail. If this was $90 then I probably would've purchased it on the spot but when I heard the price I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or flip out.

It smells nice , but its all an illusion,within 30 minutes it disintegrates into blah, its not worth 90 dollar even.
    Stick to FragranceX. My parents reside in Toronto , so I visit them frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    This has been on my radar for a while. It is on my list to blind buy soon, but keeps getting pushed back (was going to order it from UniversalPerfumesAndCosmetics). But if it may be making it's way to the North American distributors, that would be great!
    That's exactly how I feel about it. I've been itching to buy it, but I think I'll wait a little longer now!

Dan did a very good review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9pOAwSlYI

I heard that it had poor performance but a great scent. I have yet to get my hands on it though.

If anyone has this and wants to sell it, get a hold of me

Maybe we should hold out for the Intense version?

Just saw this is "new arrival" on the Macy's website. Hope they have it in the store to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Just saw this is "new arrival" on the Macy's website. Hope they have it in the store to test.
    Thanks for the heads-up! Yep - it is on their website. It says it's not available in the store near me, but hopefully they will have it soon.

Finally showed up online at the The Bay (Canada). To bad its not in store for testing. I really want to check this one out but I am very hesitant for blind buys.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

I smelled this on a friend recently who got it overseas. I thought it smelled amazing. Reminded me of a Tom Ford fragrance. He said longevity hadn't been an issue. Definitely pickup on the oud and leather. Very rich and smoky smelling.

Basenotes Member

Got a friend to blind buy this for me in Thailand. He is expected back from holiday in a few days, and I can hardly wait. Really looking forward to try it. I’m a little worried on the reports of the limited longevity, but I am crossing my fingers. Not a cheap fragrance to blind buy.

I can't find it on Macy's site. What gives?

I can't find it on Macy's site. What gives?
    Huh. I saw it there a few weeks ago. They must have pulled it down. Either change of direction, or they jumped the gun by making it visible on the site prematurely. I hope they do start carrying it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

God I'm so sick of the bland boring oud train. Terrible note, smells like stale wet cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    God I'm so sick of the bland boring oud train. Terrible note, smells like stale wet cardboard.
    I'm pretty sure no one is forcing you to buy it?

Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 08:41 PM.

Bump

I have just tried this on my skin and it's very nice indeed. Fresh Oud and spices with a dash of leather. It has the typical designer DNA which I'm sure most basenoters will pick up on. And the Oud has been intergrated really well without smelling funky or weird. This smells good and is reminiscent of Tom Fords Oud Wood but I like this better.

Unfortunately this lasts for not more than an hour for most.

Is this ever going to be available for purchase in the US?

I applied this at 8.20pm London time and will chart it's longevity and see how much mileage I get as it smells really chic and sexy. If there was ever a scent to attract the ladies in bars or clubs then it's this. If the longevity is that bad then.......nooooooooooooooooo.! lol

Is this ever going to be available for purchase in the US?
    Strangely, I think it is (?). Sometimes it's on their site... sometimes it's not. I am really tempted to pull the trigger on this blind.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/v...-oz?ID=1300232

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I applied this at 8.20pm London time and will chart it's longevity and see how much mileage I get as it smells really chic and sexy. If there was ever a scent to attract the ladies in bars or clubs then it's this. If the longevity is that bad then.......nooooooooooooooooo.! lol
    Please let us know your experience. Looking at the longevity chart on Fragrantica for this doesn't help at all - as many people say it's long lasting as say its very short. I can deal with "short", but the 1 hour vinramani09 mentions would be unacceptable.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Strangely, I think it is (?). Sometimes it's on their site... sometimes it's not. I am really tempted to pull the trigger on this blind.

Please let us know your experience. Looking at the longevity chart on Fragrantica for this doesn't help at all - as many people say it's long lasting as say its very short. I can deal with "short", but the 1 hour vinramani09 mentions would be unacceptable.
    Although I haven't tried it, I find it hard to believe an EDP would only last an hour.

Well it's 10.37pm and just over two hours and I can still smell it. Though it has hit the basenotes and is a bit subdued than it was. I think longevity is not going to be good with this one but not as bad as one hour, well for me anyway. Also if you spray to your chest so the scent sticks to your shirt that will help to stretch out the longevity.

This does smell really good that I'm tempted myself. I think if anyone is going to pull the trigger on this one then it's best to use it for going out in the evening. Give yourself extra sprays and maybe doubling up the area you sprayed on and I think you would be turning heads on your night out.

Well it's 11.41pm and the fragrance is a skin scent lasting about three hours on my skin. It opens strongly for the first hour and drops off a bit my hour two and then again by hour three.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Although I haven't tried it, I find it hard to believe an EDP would only last an hour.

You dont have to take my word for it. Even Dan said the exact same thing.

It is very similar to Tom Ford's Oudwood, quite nice, but it has 0 projection and is more or less kaput on my skin within 45 minutes to an hour.

Most of the fragrance reviews complain about its longevity also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9pOAwSlYI

Oud Noir is hardly an EDP, hardly an EDC for that matter. Lots of fragrance companies market Oud fragrances as EDP, as it is the trend and these are geared towards the customers in the GCC, as people wear attars and oils there frequently.

Here is another review by Fragrance bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLvs4SEsYe4
    Last edited by vinramani09; 8th June 2014 at 11:11 PM.

I see it! No way in hell I'm paying $150+ tax for it though. Too many people complaining about longevity. I'd expect at least average. 2-3 hours is terrible.

Maybe if it ever makes it's way to discounters we can buy some and just bathe in it since it supposedly smells so nice.