Code of Conduct

Default Am I wearing Pure Havane at the wrong time?

So...I've been working on a sample of Pure Havane for awhile. Overall, it's been okay. I liked it...don't think I ever reached the love stage. Today, I finished the sample. I put it on around 6:45 am. By around 1-2 pm, it really wasn't there anymore, which I'm fine with.

Then a weird thing happened: I worked out. This would have been around 4:30-5ish. Today was a cardio day, so my heart was pumping pretty good...I had a solid sweat going...and out of nowhere, this explosion of vanilla filled the room. It was outstanding!!

Obviously, I know that heat brings this out in a frag, but I guess I didn't realize that it could bring back one from the dead (as it had died on me 3+ hours earlier). Also, it made me wonder...I've been wearing Pure Havane in the winter........would it serve me better when it heats up? I live in humid Illinois...so would this make a great summer scent, or would it be too much?
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Am I wearing Pure Havane at the wrong time?

It probably never died off. Your nose may have just gotten used to it. I noticed that my sense of smell and taste is usually heightened when I work out. Not sure if there's any science behind that though.
    I've never tried PH, but honestly, just wear it whenever you feel like it.

- - - Updated - - -

It probably never died off. Your nose may have just gotten used to it. I noticed that my sense of smell and taste is usually heightened when I work out. Not sure if there's any science behind that though.
    I've never tried PH, but honestly, just wear it whenever you feel like it.

Overcome By Fumes

There's no harm to trying it again in a different situation. Sometimes certain notes tend to excel under different circumstances for different people. Although many people may find the vanilla more comforting and warming when it is cool, some will not. The tobacco sometimes has a refreshing and crisp character which may help it in warmer situations. The only way to find out is to see for yourself. One well designed experiment is more useful than 100 expert opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no harm to trying it again in a different situation. Sometimes certain notes tend to excel under different circumstances for different people. Although many people may find the vanilla more comforting and warming when it is cool, some will not. The tobacco sometimes has a refreshing and crisp character which may help it in warmer situations. The only way to find out is to see for yourself. One well designed experiment is more useful than 100 expert opinions.

I wear Pure Havane as a year round fragrance.

PH rides right in the middle of thick and light. It's thick enough for winter and light enough for the summer.

Pure Havane is great for a sore throat or cough :J

Personally wouldn't apply a fragrance when I was going to work out, but I can see it being used at any time of day.

When you work out your sense of smell is heightened most likely due to increased endorphins or blood flow. It was never gone, you probably just couldn't detect it.

No, it wasn't gone, but if you couldn't smell it (and likely no one else could either), then it might as well have been gone.

I've noticed this same effect many times when applying fragrances for sampling. I generally put a sample on the back of my hand. Most colognes will die away after a few hours, and for all practical purposes, they ARE gone. But notice what happens if you slightly apply water to the back of your hand. The fragrance magically appears again. I think this is simply what happens when we get hot and sweaty. The fragrance is renewed and radiates from us with our body heat. And that's especially true when working out because of all the heat that radiates from the chest and neck area.

WHen you were working out, the body heat probably helped the scent's projection again. I wore PH in the summer but go light on the trigger as it can get cloying extremely fast.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You can still wear Pure Havane in the heat, but only wear 1 spray.

Acquired it not too long ago. I like it and wear it year round but as advised adjust number of sprays.

Pure Havane is an absolute monster on me. Lasts 24 hrs and 48 hrs on clothes. I wear it all year round. Love it.