Code of Conduct

Default Perfume atomizer bulb needs replacing

I have just purchased an old particularly lovely perfume atomizer and found the bulb, predictably enough, is decayed. Being made from fabric and being decades old, this was to be expected.

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a new bulb and hose? I expected to find these things on Ebay but all I seem to have found is antique ones like mine, with bulbs as old, and new bottles with the short, stubby bulbs, which are not only too small, but not suited to this style of thing at all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]18517
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Perfume atomizer bulb needs replacing

I've seen bottles with bulb atomizers for sale at bestbottles.com

http://www.bestbottles.com/all_bottl...ay_bottles.php

though I don't know if they are the right size. In any case, the bottle is beautiful, but you are not planning to use it, are you? Bulb atomizers make a frag evaporate quite fast.

cacio

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The Canadian company, Atomizers King, sells beautiful atomizer bottles with the long hoses, but I don't think they sell only the hoses and bulbs. They ship internationally. (I admire some of their atomizers but have not bought anything from them yet.)

http://www.atomizersking.com/Xcart/home.php

That said, I have heard the same about the increased risk of evaporation with bulbs.

You may try buying a different bottle with a bulb pump and remove and replace the part to fix you broken beloved bottle. I recall having seen a $10 bottle at a store in most malls called "Rue 21". The fragrances are not worth much regard, but I would suppose the Bulb on the bottle they use is as good as any other out there.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi all
    Thanks for the information. I think the best thing would be to buy a cheap atomiser for the bulb and hose. We've looked at the original and the fittings are easily used on another hose and bulb. The fittings are the critical thing, and being some decades old would be better quality than I would most probably get from the cheap ones available these days.

Yes Cacio, shock and horror, I do plan to use the bottle. I'm going to put my Chanel 5 vintage Cologne into it. Trust me it'll be used up faster than it will evaporate. I've promised the lady from whom I got the bottle that I will be putting it to good use.

30 Roses, you naughty girl, you're putting temptation into my reach. Those artglass bottles are gorgeous and I happen to have a weakness for art glass of all kinds. The prices are very good for the quality of workmanship and the artistic merit of what they have. The Murano pieces are 'to die for'. Still, I'm not going to justify buying something so pretty to my husband who just approved the gold and black vintage one.

Ooh, vintage Chanel No 5 in a beautiful vintage bottle, how luxurious! Well, if you plan to use it within a month, you are excused. Otherwise, the right place for vintage No 5 is a properly sealed bottle in a ziploc bag in a completely dark place.

I'm about to go to bed and you've made me want to go and dab a few drops of my own no 5 cologne. That is, if I have the patience to find it in the drawer and get it out of the ziploc bag ...

cacio

Eureka
    Thanks 30 Roses. I have just sourced and ordered a new gold bulb and tube from Atomizer King in Canada. It's so good to have settled this so quickly.

Cacio
    I adore my cologne and layer it with pure parfum and EDP. It's just a nice blend of super animalic and floral overload. I would use it at least once a week, which is saying something when you think I have so many real treasures in my collection.

I've just sourced some Jean Patou Ma Collection - Normandie, Divine Folie, Que sais-je?, Adieu Sagasse and Chaldee, which my dear husband has agreed to pay for. With so many vintage treasures and more coming all the time, I feel truly blessed. I also have a 1960s Replique pure parfum, a 1960s Femme PDT, a full vintage Toujours Moi and 20 vintage and modern Minis from Italy coming. God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiliB View Post
    Eureka
    Thanks 30 Roses. I have just sourced and ordered a new gold bulb and tube from Atomizer King in Canada. It's so good to have settled this so quickly.
    Oh, good! Glad they were able to help you.