Code of Conduct

Default Le male, what is up with you?

I have been around fragrances and collecting for about a year. I believe that everybody should smell the top sellers. They sell good for a reason I went to try Le Male on paper, and I love it. I tested it on my skin, and after about five minutes, it turned to dirty motor oil. I thought it to be quite odd, so I tried Givenchy PI, seeing if it may be a substitute, because I love vanilla fragrances, but it had the same effect as Le Male. I have tried Le Male on my skin with two different bottles, and it had the same effect. Is it just that m and those fragrances don't mix? Anyone else have this problem?

-Isaac

Default Re: Le male, what is up with you?

i haven't had that experience, but I have had experiences where I thought I smelled a note, but time revealed it was just my brain interpreting what it was smelling based on my previous experiences, and later on i was able to smell it differently without the original "distracting note. For what its worth i've never been able to smell vanilla in le male, though it's obvious to me in pi.

Your skin just may not agree with it. As good as some frags smell on paper, they may not hit it off once applied on our skin.

Have never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have never had that problem.
    same here - either your nose was stressed by a lot of testing of other frags so it resulted that way, tester was broken or it simply mixed with your own skin chemistry in such manner .

Banned
    Blog Entries

If your skin doesn't work well with Le Male, try spraying your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Is it just that m and those fragrances don't mix? Anyone else have this problem?

-Isaac
    I never really believed in skin chemistry voodoo, until I experienced something similar to you with a couple of Chanel fragrances. I received Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste as Christmas presents, and while I liked both on cloth a great deal. I really loved the original Egoiste on cloth - incredible blend of fragrances, both manly and beautiful, god I wish it worked on my skin, and Egoiste Platinum was not bad on cloth either. Sadly, though as soon as the former hit my skin, it turned to a hideous mix of rose, piss and cigarette ash, and the latter was even worse, piss and some sort of horrifically toxic and strong acrid pesticide smelling monstrosity. I could not scrub them off fast enough, and even after the scrubbing, the miasma took a while to die.

As a result, I am now terrified to blind buy any Chanel fragrance for myself, even though there are quite a few I'd like to give a try. Hell, I cringe a bit even at the thought of letting a spritz of one touch my skin to test. The mutated scents of those two were that horrendous.

Banned
    Blog Entries

try spraying your clothes if your skin doesn't work well with it

I wanted to be able to wear Egoiste so much I tried that, but proximity to my skin was enough to bring out the horrid smell after a couple hours alas. Sometimes alas you just can't win.