Code of Conduct

Default Layering Polo Green?

I love the scent of polo green but id be lying if i didn't say i found the scent a bit "dry" for my liking. I either need to find a scent that accurately mimics the masculinity of polo with a hint of many sweetness like Amber, or find something that layers well with it. Any suggestions?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Layering Polo Green?

I can't imagine anything layering well with Polo Green.

One professor on campus wears it as his signature scent. Anything layered with it would get eaten up by the Polo Green's monster sillage.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Lol would you guys consider it to be an obnoxious odious scent only for the elderly or something universal? Looking for my signature as well. I don't want to smell like flowers, berries, or candy like all these new fragrances try to impart on me. I want to smell like a manly man. Leather, cedar, sandalwood, etc... I just want it to be a little sweet just to keep it pleasant for daily use

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlynger View Post
    I want to smell like a manly man. Leather, cedar, sandalwood, etc... I just want it to be a little sweet just to keep it pleasant for daily use
    Perhaps try Cuir Tabac by David Jourquin - very manly IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dear lord... please don't layer anything with Polo Green. Ever. That'll be like igniting a second nuke in the very same place you just ignited your first nuke.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

1 spray of Tom Ford Italian Cypress with 2 sprays of Polo Green.....I have been layering this combo for a while now with nice results.
    “Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

Lol would you guys consider it to be an obnoxious odious scent only for the elderly or something universal? Looking for my signature as well. I don't want to smell like flowers, berries, or candy like all these new fragrances try to impart on me. I want to smell like a manly man. Leather, cedar, sandalwood, etc... I just want it to be a little sweet just to keep it pleasant for daily use
    It's actually my favorite one, and I still fit in the "mid to late 30s" age category! You might also enjoy Roger & Gallet's Open, and YSL's Kouros. Also, check out Every Man Jack Sandalwood bodywash at Target, and both the aftershave balm and cologne in Sandalwood from Art of Shaving

Definitely love sandalwood. But i know the only pure sandalwood fragrance I've ever really loved was DR Harris sandalwood aftershave. I know the taylor of bond street sandalwood is powdery and watered down. What do you think of aramis?

enjoyed Polo green the whole last sunday..guess it could be layered with the late Quorum or with Loewe Essencia
    ........................................nothing is real, all is possible.........................................
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Amber
    Amber you say? Quoting you completely out of context I would suggest a spray of Ambre Sultan as I reckon the herbal opening might tie in well with Polo Green, or maybe L`Air du Desert Marocain (2:1 polo green to AS or LDDM). I think the balance might be right although projection and sillage might be nuclear...

Unquestionably the best layering of any sort I have ever done is Polo Green over Bond No 9 Bryant Park.
    My top ten, in no particular order:
    Eau Des Baux
    Spicebomb
    Hanae Mori HiM
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Havane
    24 Gold
    L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes

That's some pretty pricy stuff. I can't drop that kind of cash on one fragrance. I think the green may just be too much for me. I spritzed it last night in the family room and my room mate walked in 10 minutes later and asked why i had been spraying Raid back to the store it goes...