Code of Conduct

Default Escrimeur by Detaille

Today I wore a sample of Escrimeur by the little known Parisian perfume house called Detaille.

Starts off light citrussy which then blends into a lovely rosemary and lavender harmony. The drydown is a classic and traditional blend of vetiver, cedar and sandalwood.

Any other fans of Escrimeur?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Yes I like it very much. This and Aeroplane are the best of the Detaille range IMO. Nothing groundbreaking but good quality classics.

Default Re: Escrimeur by Detaille

Must try that. I liked Aeroplane a lot, while Par 4 was very strange and cloying.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Have to get a sample of that.

Sounds interesting.

Detaille is very under appreciated. Never sniffed Par4, but I have had a sample of Aeroplane and one other. Going to look for them in my sample box.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I really like Escrimeur, and bought it years ago at Takashimaya when they were still in New York. I had heard Detaille had closed down, but hopefully that is not the case. I have wanted to buy Escrimeur, but it seems to be impossible to find in the US. Other than directly from Detaille, where can one buy this line? Thanks, gents.
    Currently wearing: Benedictus by Excelsis

I think it's only available direct from Detaille. Yes, they are still in business in Ste Lazare in Paris.

Roja Dove

Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I think it's only available direct from Detaille. Yes, they are still in business in Ste Lazare in Paris.
    Also manufactum. And a US ebay seller. First in Fragrance has Miles and Par 4 on sale at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Thank you Prince Barry, based upon this, I went on line and ordered the sample set of mens' fragrances directly from Detaille. As I recall Ecrimeur was a very "bottle worthy" fragrance. Will also enjoy the others especially Par 4, being an avid golfer who's enjoyed Creeds Green Valley in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

A "little birdy" tells me that Detaille fragrances are going to make a welcome reappearance on these shores in the next few months. More when I get and try the samples from France.

This past week, I received samples of all of the Detaille mens' fragrances. I will proceed to try them all and post reviews, especially those which have been entirely neglected thus far. I must say that at this point, Escrimeur (which is French for "fencer") is my favorite. It is a charmingly light woody vetiver. All of the Detaille except perhaps Milles are on the light side. More in due course.

Nice one Joe. Looking forward to your future reviews. Glad you like the Escrimeur.

Roja Dove