Code of Conduct

Default I need some help in figuring out what I like

Hi guys. I am a high school senior who has about 10-15 colognes. I've noticed a similar vibe I receive in Very Sexy as well as Polo Black which I really love (I also see a hint of the same thing in GIT) . I wanted to know what this note (or notes) is and what fragrances are similar to it that are under the $80 price range. Thanks guys.

Default Re: I need some help in figuring out what I like

Not sure of the note but maybe Burberry London might work for you.

Already have it. Great scent but doesn't have the same smell/feel. Sorry for being so vague. Its more of a fresh vibe that is similar in all three, I think Robes08 said that the similar smell was violet leaf but I have no idea how that smells. Also the similar note in both PB and Very sexy is Sage but from what I understand Sage is spicy. From Wiki, "Viola odorata is used as a source for scents in the perfume industry. Violet is known to have a 'flirty' scent as its fragrance comes and goes. Ionone is present in the flowers, which turns off the ability for humans to smell the fragrant compound for moments at a time." This sounds a lot like it if anyone has smelt other violet leaf fragrances can you confirm. thanks
    Last edited by 102; 19th December 2012 at 11:30 PM.

I don't know what note that is but you might want to try Bulgari Man and Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme if you haven't.

CologneFan85

Try polo double black

Overcome By Fumes

Not sure what you are detecting, but I wanted to point out that the scents of violet flowers and of violet leaves are quite different things. That's one of the tricky things about perfumery, is that some different parts of the same thing are used in different ways and smell very differently, so it takes a bit of work to know exactly what a person may mean sometimes. Good luck in identifying this special "vibe".

CologneFan85

The only notes I smell in Polo Black are Mango in the opening and the coffee espresso dry down...I don't smell any notes with GIT AND BLACK as the same. IMO

Overcome By Fumes

Sage is not a spicy smell, but rather more herbal and fresh. Some might even use "green" as an adjective. Next time you're in a market, go to the spice and herb racks and find some dried sage to smell.