Code of Conduct

Default Talk to me about L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme - LIDG

I have smelled a sample of LIDGE and I blight bought LIDG based on the fact that I was expecting more citrus freshness in LIDG than LIDGE.
    Im not really sure how I feel about LIDG. Maybe its because its cold here, but its not exactly what I was expecting.
    The top definitely has some similarity to Heritage in how the notes play out, LIDGE doesnt have that.
    I wasnt a big fan of Heritage at all, to the point where I threw out my sample.
    Its different enough for it to be wearable for me, but there is something about the brightness that seems a little off in the base.
    Maybe its the patchouli, not sure. Almost as if I smell the cacao then its hit with something dirty. Very odd to me.

I probably should have sampled LIDG instead of jumping at a deal for 4.2oz bottle for $48.
    I really enjoy LIDGE, but I would find it difficult to wear often since its so rich, but now that I've tried LIDG, im not sure how often I would wear this either.
    Im wondering if I should just give up on Guerlain fragrances at this point, because in the ones I've tried, one or two notes just turn me off.

Is this a scent that grows on you with time and more wearings?
    The two are similar, there is no denying that.
    It seems that I wish I had purchased LIDGE instead.
    Top 5
    ----------------------------------
    Kiton - Men
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight In Paris EDP
    Ralph Lauren - Polo Modern Reserve
    Guerlain - Homme L'eau Boisee

Default Re: Talk to me about L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme - LIDG

If there are notes that turn you off and you find its wear ability questionable, then I would move on to other things. It's possible that it might grow on you with time, but are you prepared to possibly wait a long time for the change to take place? I own both and wouldn't want to be without either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Personally I much prefer LIDGE to LIDG. I find LIDG much harsher, with an abrasive furniture polish/ shoe polish note in it.
    If you are not happy with it I would sell it on and invest in something else !
    Last edited by david; 16th February 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

I learned my blind buy lesson with this one.
    I should have stuck with what I posted about a month ago, just enjoy what I have and sell off what I can do without.
    I guess this is what happens when I get too cute and get something outside of my box.

I should have known better with me and Guerlain fragrances.
    I like L'eau Boisee, thats about it.

I've got it up on eBay, I'll take a loss to unload it, but at this point I dont really care, it would have cost me to test it anyway.

You cant love everything right?
    C'est la vie!
    Top 5
    ----------------------------------
    Kiton - Men
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight In Paris EDP
    Ralph Lauren - Polo Modern Reserve
    Guerlain - Homme L'eau Boisee

IMO LIDG is more of a summer version of LIDGE. Both are nice. More citrus in LIDG.

This one has an off putting note for me as well. I think it is the citrus and anise combo in the opening, one it settles down after an hour or so its quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I learned my blind buy lesson with this one.
    I should have stuck with what I posted about a month ago, just enjoy what I have and sell off what I can do without.
    I guess this is what happens when I get too cute and get something outside of my box.

I should have known better with me and Guerlain fragrances.
    I like L'eau Boisee, thats about it.

I've got it up on eBay, I'll take a loss to unload it, but at this point I dont really care, it would have cost me to test it anyway.

You cant love everything right?
    C'est la vie!
    We've all made this mistake !!!
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Basenotes Plus

I am pleasantly surprised today, because I'm loving LIDG after I put my sample down last winter. My memory is that it was too light and sweet. But now that it's summer, it's a perfect fit. A great example of 1) How scents differ sometimes according to season, and 2) Sometimes I need to put one aside and come back to it.

I own LIDGE, but I only tested LIDG on paper after I blind bought LIDGE. My impressions were that the opening was kind of similar, but the heart was more sophisticated, dry patchouli, lacking some of the sweetness/lushness/smoothness that LIDGE has due to the greater amounts of cocoa and vanilla. It might wear a little differently on my skin though (I suspect a little sweeter and less aniseed).
    Just say no to oniomania.