Code of Conduct

Default Talk to me about L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme - LIDG

I have smelled a sample of LIDGE and I blight bought LIDG based on the fact that I was expecting more citrus freshness in LIDG than LIDGE.
    Im not really sure how I feel about LIDG. Maybe its because its cold here, but its not exactly what I was expecting.
    The top definitely has some similarity to Heritage in how the notes play out, LIDGE doesnt have that.
    I wasnt a big fan of Heritage at all, to the point where I threw out my sample.
    Its different enough for it to be wearable for me, but there is something about the brightness that seems a little off in the base.
    Maybe its the patchouli, not sure. Almost as if I smell the cacao then its hit with something dirty. Very odd to me.

I probably should have sampled LIDG instead of jumping at a deal for 4.2oz bottle for $48.
    I really enjoy LIDGE, but I would find it difficult to wear often since its so rich, but now that I've tried LIDG, im not sure how often I would wear this either.
    Im wondering if I should just give up on Guerlain fragrances at this point, because in the ones I've tried, one or two notes just turn me off.

Is this a scent that grows on you with time and more wearings?
    The two are similar, there is no denying that.
    It seems that I wish I had purchased LIDGE instead.
    For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 8/20

Top 5
    ----------------------------------
    Kiton - Men
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight In Paris EDP
    Guerlain - Homme L'eau Boisee
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood
    Gucci - Pour Homme 2003

Default Re: Talk to me about L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme - LIDG

If there are notes that turn you off and you find its wear ability questionable, then I would move on to other things. It's possible that it might grow on you with time, but are you prepared to possibly wait a long time for the change to take place? I own both and wouldn't want to be without either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Personally I much prefer LIDGE to LIDG. I find LIDG much harsher, with an abrasive furniture polish/ shoe polish note in it.
    If you are not happy with it I would sell it on and invest in something else !
    Last edited by david; 16th February 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I learned my blind buy lesson with this one.
    I should have stuck with what I posted about a month ago, just enjoy what I have and sell off what I can do without.
    I guess this is what happens when I get too cute and get something outside of my box.

I should have known better with me and Guerlain fragrances.
    I like L'eau Boisee, thats about it.

I've got it up on eBay, I'll take a loss to unload it, but at this point I dont really care, it would have cost me to test it anyway.

You cant love everything right?
    C'est la vie!
    For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 8/20

Top 5
    ----------------------------------
    Kiton - Men
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight In Paris EDP
    Guerlain - Homme L'eau Boisee
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood
    Gucci - Pour Homme 2003

IMO LIDG is more of a summer version of LIDGE. Both are nice. More citrus in LIDG.

This one has an off putting note for me as well. I think it is the citrus and anise combo in the opening, one it settles down after an hour or so its quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I learned my blind buy lesson with this one.
    I should have stuck with what I posted about a month ago, just enjoy what I have and sell off what I can do without.
    I guess this is what happens when I get too cute and get something outside of my box.

I should have known better with me and Guerlain fragrances.
    I like L'eau Boisee, thats about it.

I've got it up on eBay, I'll take a loss to unload it, but at this point I dont really care, it would have cost me to test it anyway.

You cant love everything right?
    C'est la vie!
    We've all made this mistake !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Basenotes Plus

I am pleasantly surprised today, because I'm loving LIDG after I put my sample down last winter. My memory is that it was too light and sweet. But now that it's summer, it's a perfect fit. A great example of 1) How scents differ sometimes according to season, and 2) Sometimes I need to put one aside and come back to it.

I own LIDGE, but I only tested LIDG on paper after I blind bought LIDGE. My impressions were that the opening was kind of similar, but the heart was more sophisticated, dry patchouli, lacking some of the sweetness/lushness/smoothness that LIDGE has due to the greater amounts of cocoa and vanilla. It might wear a little differently on my skin though (I suspect a little sweeter and less aniseed).
    Just say no to oniomania.