Code of Conduct

Default Nemat International Musk Amber smells like Ambre Sultan by SL

If you want a cheap version of Ambre Sultan... stop by your local Whole Food and try Nemat International Musk Amber... you get the spices, amber and the vanilla dry down like Ambre Sultan... a great alternative to Ambre Sultan....

416oXh-S-RL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Nemat International Musk Amber smells like Ambre Sultan by SL

Wow. I didn't know Whole Foods sold frags.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Wow. I didn't know Whole Foods sold frags.

Yes Whole Food even sell sandalwood essential oil for about $55... frankincense etc...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Totally agree - 95% of the fragrance for 1% of the price

Off to Whole Foods then...lol Thanks for that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Yes Whole Food even sell sandalwood essential oil for about $55... frankincense etc...

I have majmua 96, its sooo strong, but smells amazing. Nemat oils are really good and best part you can get them at whole foods.

Just got one at my local whole foods store. Smells a lot like Amber Sultan and some facet of the dry down reminds me of LDDM
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

I checked their site, bbut they only list "Musk Amber 500" is that the same?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Interesting to hear this , but happy to stick with The Lutens.

BTW, is this a good price for the stuff?
    http://www.amazon.com/Nemat-Fragranc...ef=pd_sim_bt_3
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    BTW, is this a good price for the stuff?
    http://www.amazon.com/Nemat-Fragranc...ef=pd_sim_bt_3
    Yes, I got the 5ml for $9 at whole foods.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Wholefood no longer carry nemat fragrance in my location.... bummmer... now i cant sniff it when i visit
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

So for now we know about Musk Amber and Majmua 96, anyone else tried others from them? On their site they mention that "Amber white is one of our most popular fragrances."

The Smelly Scientist they have Musk Amber listed on their site under Kohinoor fragrances.

Hype Train is coming. Lets hear it people

I have a bottle of Nemat Jannatul Firdaus from Whole Foods. "Jannatul Firdaus" is paradise in Islam. I dunno what's in this stuff, but it thrills me. I wonder if that musky base note is ambrette.

Bummer! This looked rad, but it's not sold in any Whole Foods in my region (SoCal).

FWIW: I called Nemat Int. (they're in N.Cal) and it is only select Whole Foods that carry this line. With that said, can anybody speak to the longevity of this one? I'd read awesome things about Auric Blends' Amber on here, ordered it, and found it to have lousy longevity. Anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I bought the Nemat International Musk Amber to give it a spin, but I have to respectfully disagree that it smells like Ambre Sultan. I own Sultan, so I conducted a direct wrist to wrist test over a period of a few hours to get a sense of how they line up.

Whereas Sultan is a rich, powerful, and spicy scent, Nemat smells like a cross between nuts and plastic bags. It's sweeter than Sultan because of the musk, but much of the sweetness has a weird nutty cocoa thing component to it. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful, but it's your typical head-shop oil and nothing more. There's little in the way of amber (neither in the vein of the common sweet amber accord or the smokier amber of an actual resin) -- it's mainly a soft, sweet musk. As far as longevity and projection goes, I usually get around 6 - 8 hours with Sultan with strong projection for the first 2 hours or so. (The first 30 minutes are actually too strong, I find.) With Nemat, it sits very close to the skin and lasts around 30 minutes.

Now, I called several Whole Foods in my area, and none have ever carried this line. So I called Nemat themselves and they told me that select stores in the chain had them a little while ago, but they're no longer carried there. Instead, they're available through Amazon. When looking at the Amazon reviews, there were a series of complaints of it being a very weak, watery oil (it is), but they also seem to suggest that in the past it may have been stronger. This might explain other posters' reasoning for it being close to Sultan.

So, in summary, I'd guess it's about 30% similar to Sultan with maybe 5% of Lutens' power. As an amber nut who owns a ton of niche amber scents, I can say that a far closer version is Alkemia's Arabesque -- an etsy-based goth oil thing (not great, but far far better than this). I'd place that at about 70% in similarity to Sultan, and it's probably five times the strength of Nemat.

Last, in case there are other amber fans reading, there's another thread floating round that says that Auric Blend's Amber is a good cheapy. I tried that as well, and it's pretty terrible -- zero projection, gone within an hour. That one smell much closer to Histoire's Ambre 114 than anything, but it's not worth the money.

For me, while it's fun to try these things out (they're cheap -- under $10 each), as another poster mentioned above, I'll stick with the Lutens.
    Last edited by deadidol; 11th April 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I have majmua 96, its sooo strong, but smells amazing. Nemat oils are really good and best part you can get them at whole foods.
    Hi Vin, How are you ? This musk amber has got the whale amber or the floral amber which I think is the pine ?

Thanks & tc

I tried this today and I liked it. Unfortunately I put too much on so I had to wipe some off while standing in line. Consistency was VERY thick. I also tried Arabian Wood. It reminds me of oudy wood by Swiss Arabian. Smelled a few others as well but some seemed better suited for a room fragrance than a personal scent.

Musk/Amber reminds me a lot of Egyptian Musk and might be a better alternative to it than what is passing as EM these days.

I put these one hours ago and wiped them off with a napkin but can still pick it up as a skin scent.

These might be worth a purchase if only to see how it works when applied to the chest. As it is I felt bad for rubbing the sample dipper on my sweaty arms but I couldn't resist.

Anybody try these lately ?