Code of Conduct

Default Abercrombie & Fitch “Fierce” to blind buy or not??

After an extensive amount of research on this cologne from everything I have read this scent seems to be adored and appreciate by the finer sex almost unanimously and the major gripe from consumers seems to be that not many people can stand it because it is so over abused by the stores themselves and pop collared frat boys and or douchbags across the US.

So here’s the thing, being from Australia there are no A&F stores here and this scent in unavailable to any retailers here, meaning this would be an incredibly unique scent here something not many if ANYBODY at all would have even heard of before let alone smelt.

Problem being there is no where I can sample this locally and there are no samples of it available online. There are only about 4 listed on Australian ebay as well.
    I can get 100ml to me for around $120 making it a fairly large investment and there is the chance im not going to like it.

From the notes it would seem to have similarities to my favourite scent Dunhill Desire for a Man (Red) I don’t buy this any longer though because the longevity and silage is a joke. Can anybody advise if there are any similarities? Even if not, being that I like scents like this can anybody suggest if I am likely to appreciate Fierce?

I’ve had ZERO luck with blind buys in the past so im very hesitant

Default Re: Abercrombie & Fitch “Fierce” to blind buy or not??

Overhyped and overpriced. I'm sure you can find a better use for 120 bucks.

Banned
    Blog Entries

get mont blanc legend for $40, smells almost the same but better

I think it is worth a blind buy, cause in spite the brand name it does smell good. However, it is not worth $120 imo

I think that it is definitely one of the safer blind buys. It has excellent projection, sillage, and longevity (especially on clothes).

You hit the nail on the head with why it doesn't fly here with the older crowd. I own a bottle of it and would wear it more often it didnt remind me of the mall. I wear it as mood scent.

Its worth to you whatever your willing to pay for it

Any other frags you've thought about getting?

IMO No.

Second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I think it is worth a blind buy, cause in spite the brand name it does smell good. However, it is not worth $120 imo

120 clams for fierce
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    This

I think the price is too high for that fragrance. I don't hate it like many other members here, but it's definitely not one of my favorites. It smells decent in small doses.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    This seems to be the general consensus. It is fairly dear to begin with then the shipping makes it that much worse.

I've found a little better prices, 100ml - $100 or 200ml - $130

hmmm....

Definitely a safe blind buy, but I wouldn't pay 120 for it...

Looks pretty good! Hows the Longevity and Projection? Seems to be a bit weaker than fierce

Edit* Cheapest I can get it here for is 100ml - $60
    Last edited by Crusher_; 10th January 2013 at 05:44 AM.

As a representative of "the finer sex" I'd urge you to Just Say No.

A good blind buy in my opinion. For $120? Not worth it.
    I paid $45 for my 100ml on eBay.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Mont Blanc Legend smells and wears better IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Mont Blanc Legend smells and wears better IMO.
    This.

A good deal cheaper and slightly smoother, more refined version of Fierce.

This

Basenotes Member

You can get a lot better for $120. Heck, you could go in for a 50mL split of Aventus for that money, and statistically speaking, it's much more complimented.

I used to own a bottle of Chanel Platinum Egoiste (which Fierce is apparently reminiscent of) and I really disliked it. Maybe go down to your local Myer or David Jones and have a sniff (you really have to trust your own nose), or if those are too far away, try a chemist (I find Chemist Warehouse or myChemist have pretty competitive prices sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    A good blind buy in my opinion. For $120? Not worth it.
    I paid $45 for my 100ml on eBay.

Wow. I'd consider blind buying at that price. Are there any fakes being made of this fragrance?
    Last edited by totaldominasian; 10th January 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totaldominasian View Post
    Wow. I'd consider blind buying at that price. Are there any fakes being made of this fragrance?

Undoubtedly.

Blog Entries

$120 for A&F Fierce? I agree with others -- price is too high.

It's a safe blind buy... Find it discounted though

Beat me to it. First thing I thought when I saw this thread. Smoother and more mature.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

+1

SwedishMike

It smells better than some would give it credit for. Like others have said though, I wouldn't consider it $120 worth of good. Another factor to consider is that even though it doesn't have the "frat boy tool" association in Australia, you're not going to get that A&F "expensive and trendy" association that a lot of people get out of it (as they're bombarded with it in the store and even when they walk by the store's entrance in the mall), which I would venture to say lends to its popularity and good reception amongst some of the younger opposite sex.

That said though, it does smell good, but it's blatantly synthetic (not that that's bad in and of itself), and for $120 you could get something a lot better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Another factor to consider is that even though it doesn't have the "frat boy tool" association in Australia, you're not going to get that A&F "expensive and trendy" association that a lot of people get out of it (as they're bombarded with it in the store and even when they walk by the store's entrance in the mall), which I would venture to say lends to its popularity and good reception amongst some of the younger opposite sex.
    That is a VERY good point I hadn't considered. There is a good chance a lot of the positive opinions I have read on it are subconsciously associating the scent with that image which doesn't exist here. I still liked the look of the structure of the fragrance but another factor to consider again with the price

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_ View Post
    That is a VERY good point I hadn't considered. There is a good chance a lot of the positive opinions I have read on it are subconsciously associating the scent with that image which doesn't exist here. I still liked the look of the structure of the fragrance but another factor to consider again with the price
    Don't get me wrong, it smells good, and I don't think you'd be disappointed with it, but I would just try to see if you can scoop it up for less than $120, as that type of money could buy something REALLY unique.

Fierce smells.... Different but good. It's definitely pleasant, safe, and kinda sexy.

Basenotes Plus

Save your money for something else, Crusher. If I own it, I would give it to you and also pay for the shipping... seriously. So NO.

Girls like this frgrance because it smells aquatic, fresh and clean.teenagers love that stuff and when u throw a trendy clothing store there going to goble it up like crazy. It smell like anyotherfresh teen fragrance. It reminds me of eternity by Ck for men I hear the summer one is good if not that then legend.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

Definitely agree on this. Mont Blanc is cheaper and smells just slightly different though better. You can smell the A&F stores a mile away and I don't like it! But Mont Blanc smells great.

yupp

But fierce isn't bad. It is a safe blind buy. But 120 can get you a lot of different things

I own this fragrance, and it is my least-used fragrance. Definitely regretted buying it. While the top notes are great, a headache-inducing metallic note quickly reveals itself, forcing me to wash it off in order to function properly for the rest of the day.

It smells very good, and most people seem to really love this scent. Whether or not it is worth 120 dollars depends on your budget, but it's an extremely safe blind buy just going by smell.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Save your money for something else, Crusher. If I own it, I would give it to you and also pay for the shipping... seriously. So NO.

Lol, this doesn't exactly fill me with confident on the quality of this fragrance

Lol, this doesn't exactly fill me with confident on the quality of this fragrance
    Here's the long and short of it;

If you like Eternity, Acqua di Gio, Bleu de Chanel, Chrome, Cool Water, L'eau d'Issey, etc (and despite the impression you might get on this board to the contrary, there's nothing wrong, stupid, or uneducated with liking any of those) you'll probably dig Fierce as well. It shares that sort of same "nothing daring, safe, clean, and well accepted" vibe that make the aforementioned ones so popular. There's nothing that I can perceive in it that would be offensive to anyone (save some fragrance snobs ), and if I could describe it with three words it would be: Trendy, pleasant, and safe.

If that sounds like something you'd be into, shop around a bit and go for a blind buy. However, if you've got a bit of a daring nose, and are already into niche, I won't say that you'll find it to be bad (because it's not), you just might find it disappointing, or not as good as the hype.

If you do end up getting it, let us know what you think, and how it's received.

Fierce is excellent for $50. Fierce is not excellent enough for $120. You can buy Platinum Egoiste for cheaper than that and it smells 90% similar.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Crusher im from Brisbane and ive had Fierce for about a year now and it works great in our weather, and like you said it would be a rare frag here in Oz. But like others have mentioned, Platinum Ego smells quite similar and also better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    Definitely agree on this. Mont Blanc is cheaper and smells just slightly different though better. You can smell the A&F stores a mile away and I don't like it! But Mont Blanc smells great.
    Its funny because I tested Legend again on my skin and I got PE..which is mentioned here with Fierce and then the drydown was a better Fierce.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Crusher im from Brisbane and ive had Fierce for about a year now and it works great in our weather, and like you said it would be a rare frag here in Oz. But like others have mentioned, Platinum Ego smells quite similar and also better IMO.
    Cool thats good to know.

Although jus looking online now Egoiste is even dearer still..

Where did you get your bottle of Fierce if you dont mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Its funny because I tested Legend again on my skin and I got PE..which is mentioned here with Fierce and then the drydown was a better Fierce.
    Did you find the projection and longevity was as good as fierce?

I'm from sydney and I have a decant of it. To me I've only worn it once and it's okay, to me I get a very curve vibe. I think that's another fragrance that didnt hit here in Australia because I've never seen it... either that or it was before my time.

Cool thats good to know.

Although jus looking online now Egoiste is even dearer still..

Where did you get your bottle of Fierce if you dont mind me asking?
    I got mine from an ebay member living in the usa. Hit me up with a private message if you want me to send you a sample, id be happy to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    I have heard quite a few people say PE smells like a higher quality Fierce, which led me to blind buying PE. Although I can see why people would say this I honestly don't think they smell enough alike that I would tell someone who likes Fierce to go try PE because its a better version. And I prefer Fierce over PE if I was going to wear one or the other.

Are people comparing Curve for men to Fierce saying they are similar in scent, or if you like that type of fragrance you are likely to appreciate Fierce?

I received my sample of Curve last night, not particularly impressed with it ive got to say, smells like cheap body spray or Adidas body wash.

Anyway Johno from above has now sent me a sample of Fierce to try so im not going to have to blind buy which I really appreciate! Will report back with what I think

- - - Updated - - -

I've since tried it again at lunch time and its growing on me now, its a clean soapy scent which isnt what I was expecting from the Notes people voted for which I think is what put me off initially. I was expecting a fruity pineapple scent.

I did however accidentally spill the entire 1ml sample on my wrist so im probably experiencing better sillage than most lol. Despite this its not overpowering or offensive in the slightest. However I don't have any left now to test the staying power of a sensible amount. It doesn't seem like longevity would be great at this stage