Code of Conduct

Default Surrender to Chance

I decided to get my wife a selection of decants for her birthday, with a view to then getting a bottle of her favourite. After a look around, I ordered from Surrender to Chance.

The order was placed 26/12 and arrived today. Taking out the public holidays, that's pretty reasonable, I think. This was only a partial shipment; the rest should arrive in a couple of days.

Prices were a little high, starting at $3ml and getting up to $8 for a 1/2 ml of more high-end stuff. But hey, it's a present. Still, I'd only go this road in future for something I cannot get to sample in a shop here.

So, what did I get?

Caron Acaciosa
    Creed Spring Flower
    Creed White Flowers
    Frederic Malle Outrageous
    Korres Paeonia Vanilla Amber Pear
    Xerjoff Oud Stars Zafer
    Xerjoff Oud Stars al Khatt
    Romea D'Ameor Les Espionnes du Tsar
    Hermes Un Jardin (all 3)
    Annick Goutal Ninfeo
    HdeP Vert Pivoine
    L'Artisan Mimosa Pour Moi
    Dior Diorissimo
    YSL Paris Fleur de Parfum
    YSL Paris Pont des Amours
    YSL Paris Roses des Vergers
    Alfred Sung EDT
    Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Ete

That ought to keep her busy. I sure hope she really likes at least one of those.

Default Re: Surrender to Chance

I have used Surrender to Chance as well.

My first order was placed on the 9th of January and the first half arrived here in Sydney on the 18th. Pretty happy with that! Still waiting on the other half though - not sure how two items posted on the same day can have such a variation. I originally placed an order with The Perfumed Court, but after nearly 2 weeks with the order yet to be even packed, I cancelled it.
    So far so good with Surrender, but yeah - they're pricey.

The second half should arrive very soon. It's only a tiny business, so I guess we need to be patient.

One thing I do like about STC is that they print the perfume names on the decants. That's much tidier then the labels Lucky Scent attaches to theirs.

I'm happy with their service so far. They're very friendly, prompt in posting orders and label their samples clearly.
    I don't think anything I wrote indicates any impatience on my part. So, with respect I'll reject the inference of the majestic plural.

Quote Originally Posted by alanj416 View Post
    I'm happy with their service so far. They're very friendly, prompt in posting orders and label their samples clearly.
    I don't think anything I wrote indicates any impatience on my part. So, with respect I'll reject the inference of the majestic plural.
    I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying anything negative about you or STC.

No offence taken mate. Can I ask (because I'm very new to this) what are some of your favourite scents? My only experiences so far are a few Creeds (which are sensational). What are a couple of your favourites?
    Regards,
    Alan.

I'm pretty new at this also. i've been trying loads of stuff through buying decants to try and figure out what I really like. I've tried a few Creeds - SMW, Aventus, Himalaya - but nothing of theirs has really clicked. I have some MI that I haven't tried yet; maybe that will be the one. The best summer scent I've found so far is Eau de Rochas Homme. Of the decants I've tried, I loved Chergui, Djhenne, Aoud Lime and Eau de Desert Marocain. Sadly, they all cost a bomb for the full bottle.

Just got my order from Surrender to Chance. I ordered last week but it said it was shipped on Thursday from Colorado, which is over the complete other side of the country, so it was very quick shipping.

Here's a picture of how they came.

I got:
    Dior Homme Intense
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    YSL M7
    YSL Opium Pour Homme
    YSL Rive Gauche
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme.

They came inside a bag, which was inside a little blue net bag. There was also a coffee candy/sweet thing in there too.

Being the beginner I am, I don't actually have any spray vials, I realised I would actually need them last week and have ordered a set of glass ones with a pipette and a funnel etc, so I'll hopefully get some reviews up next week sometime.

I shall definitely use Surrender to Chance again.

Hi,

I'm new to this game too, and from that list, the only ones I know are Virgin Island Water and Aventus. It was V.I.W. that started this journey for me (after I stumbled across a sample for my eldest daughter for Christmas) - I absolutely love it. After sampling Aventus, I now have a 50ml split.
    I'm keen to hear how this are for you.
    A couple of my bottles broke in transit from Surrender to Chance. I sent them a photo and they were replaced immediately - pretty happy with their customer service...and I had the best smelling letterbox in the street!
    AJ

@alanj416

Do you mind if I asked you how you go your aventus split??. I've been trying to find someone who's doing one but haven't been successful as of yet

@ mistaree

Sadly for us UK Post changed their international mailing rules which ruined splits from the UK. I had two splits from 'Kron' and he was magnificent - but can't ship to Australia anymore. I've now joined a Google Group for Aussies at this address: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...z-scent-splits

You have to request membership first and then once accepted, you're away. There's so many nice knowledgeable people in this new world of scent I've discovered.
    I've just ordered some decants of habit rouge, Jubilation XXV amongst others.

If I can be of any help, just let me know.
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by mistaree View Post
    @alanj416

Do you mind if I asked you how you go your aventus split??. I've been trying to find someone who's doing one but haven't been successful as of yet
    Last edited by alanj416; 17th February 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanj416 View Post
    @ mistaree

Sadly for us UK Post changed their international mailing rules which ruined splits from the UK. I had two splits from 'Kron' and he was magnificent - but can't ship to Australia anymore. I've now joined a Google Group for Aussies at this address: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...z-scent-splits

You have to request membership first and then once accepted, you're away. There's so many nice knowledgeable people in this new world of scent I've discovered.
    I've just ordered some decants of habit rouge, Jubilation XXV amongst others.

If I can be of any help, just let me know.
    AJ
    ok cheers
    , i just requested to join.

so now its the waiting game lol

Basenotes Member

I applied months ago... Haven't gotten a reply

Basenotes Member

I've just had my order from StC arrive.

Despatched quickly but the Royal Mail played around with it for nearly a month!

Good service from the ladies at Surrender to Chance it's a shame that the carriers are getting more unreliable with regards to fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by lotto View Post
    I applied months ago... Haven't gotten a reply
    I did too, around then. No reply from them, but I just clicked the link above and got in.