Code of Conduct

Default The Bond No 9. Club....

Trouble going through 55 different fragrances at the Bond counter? Swarovski crystals in your way? No worries Join the Bond Club.

Highlights include- (taken from the site)
    Now & Forever Gold Season Club$290.00
    Discover the playful side of perfumery with a selection of 4 of our chic and luxurious Pocket Sprays (7ml each) – curated by us for you every season!

Sampler Club$600.00
    Experience our art of fragrance creation with an introductory selection of 5 of our best-selling 50ml eau de parfums

All-Seasons Club$690.00
    Enjoy each season the way it is meant to be! Let the art of the world’s greatest perfumers inspire a special feeling each season of the year with 4 hand-selected full size eau de parfums– celebrate life and beauty all year round in true New York style!

A Year of Now & Forever Gold$1,000.00
    Enjoy every month of the year with a special artisanal fragrance. Receive one of our playful and chic Now & Forever Gold Pocket Sprays (7ml each) every month for a full year!

Crystal Ball — $1,600.00
    Be a true collector and make a stunning, enchanting statement with your fragrances! Experience our best-selling fragrances in the Swarovski Collection’s light, illumination, and sparkle. Receive 4 shimmering, magical 100 ml flacons during the year.

Dream Gift Price Upon Request
    We’d love to celebrate life’s most memorable days with you! Let us know what extra-special event is coming up for you – a wedding, an anniversary, the arrival of a new family member – and we will custom-curate an extraordinary , opulent Collection of fragrances and luscious ancillary products just for this once-in-a-lifetime occasion. As one of our club members you will be able to not only give a dream-gift, but to give it at a very special price.

They want to charge a recurring fee for the membership. This reminds of the CD clubs from the 90's when you get 12 CDs for a penny and then automatically ship you a CD a month for 25$ because you forget to cancel.
    Last edited by LiteEmUpGood; 10th January 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Default Re: The Bond No 9. Club....

Interesting....Expensive but interesting.

Interesting but Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Interesting but Pass.
    This.

The first one is a rip-off.
    28ml for $290? Yeah right! Are they high?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

The pamphlet they send out says "The World's First Perfume Club" along with their absolute joke of a pricing model...

I'm sorry but Bond No. 9 might just be my most hated house based completely on the way they present themselves.

Banned
    Blog Entries

im in the new haarlem (and **** everything else from bond) club

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    im in the new haarlem (and **** everything else from bond) club

Banned
    Blog Entries

^ lmao

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    ^ lmao
    . Anywho, I probably won't do the Club thing; I am however expecting 2 Bond No. 9's (so far) to arrive sometime, woohoo.

Before Christmas....
    A 60-yrs old lady working in a high-class niche perfume shop, living her whole life in perfumery field, told me -without witnesses obviously- "I know perfumes, and simply don't understand Bond nr.9 : absolutely ordinary scents sold at very high prices. Every Guerlain, Patou, Dior, Hermes, Chanel from the Gold Age could easily sweep away all this stuff".
    No comment.

CologneFan85

To each their own...I ENJOY Bonds

I like this but couldn't afford it.it would be nice if other houses did this.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

I love Bond No.9 products - probably my 2nd favorite house.

But I laughed a while back when I saw this club ("Club 9") on their website. They rolled this joke out when they stopped selling samples (bon bons). I am guessing (?) they aren't getting much of a response on this. I would be suprised to hear otherwise.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

In my opinion Bond's line is too cluttered and filled with many uninspiring fragrances. They have 55 flavors! It is inevitable that there is overlap. Their counter is a clusterfuck of bottles everywhere, crystals apread all over the place, candles, and candy wrappers.

I think that consolidating the line would be a good move on their end into the top 12 best sellers. Make the other ones seasonal or limited time releases. Bring back old favorites in the ridiculous Swaorvski crystal bottles. This way they have great fragrances in an otherwise watered down line. Collectors are happy with limited editions. And if your personal favorite was cut out you would still have a chance to buy it. Also STOP the whole I <3 NY line.

Quote Originally Posted by LiteEmUpGood View Post
    In my opinion Bond's line is too cluttered and filled with many uninspiring fragrances. They have 55 flavors! It is inevitable that there is overlap. Their counter is a clusterfuck of bottles everywhere, crystals apread all over the place, candles, and candy wrappers.

I think that consolidating the line would be a good move on their end into the top 12 best sellers. Make the other ones seasonal or limited time releases. Bring back old favorites in the ridiculous Swaorvski crystal bottles. This way they have great fragrances in an otherwise watered down line. Collectors are happy with limited editions. And if your personal favorite was cut out you would still have a chance to buy it. Also STOP the whole I <3 NY line.
    Totally agree. They are not an inherently bad house, even at the prices they sell their stuff. They just need to reduce the over-proliferation of mediocre (or even sub-mediocre) fragrances and focus on DA' GOODS. Just putting out intriguing, enticing, and wearable fragrances. No games, no gimmicks - just good perfumery. You can still be creative while putting out something worthwhile. That would do them a lot of good. But I still really like the house in general.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

CologneFan85

Being that my girl sells these at Saks, ive been lucky enough to own many of these. And I ENJOY MOST. I know Mugler has a womans club like this...Its pretty good to. But for those who are saying they are not selling well thats a bunch of BS! They sell like crazy!

It would genuinely be difficult to come up with a less compelling piece of advertising.

I have yet to find a Bond that I would wear enough to purchase, but I find myself more impressed with their offerings each time I dabble. Those prices, however, push me away.

A Year of Now & Forever Gold — $1,000.00
    Holy cow. That's 84ml for a thousand bucks? Am I reading that right? It's only twelve 7ml sprays? For a thousand dollars?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

This club is great for people who have been clamoring to pay more, but get less, of the Bond scents.

I would never sign up for this, but I do enjoy many of Bond's fragrances. (definitely not a hater). Basically, I've always thought of Bond as "designer scents on steroids". In other words, mostly likable, mainstream, designer type smells with 3 or 4 times the longevity. (designer edp's if you will). Nothing wrong with that though. On the other hand, I think many niche houses simply try to make the weirdest most out there thing they can (sure it's interesting, but 95 percent of the public won't care to smell like it). So from a marketing standpoint, I think Bond is doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by tappio View Post
    this club is great for people who have been clamoring to pay more, but get less, of the bond scents.
    nailed it.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

CologneFan85

If you have a good income its whatever if you like the fragrances as with any other houses

The fourth one is really $1,000 for 84ml? Am I reading that right?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    This club is great for people who have been clamoring to pay more, but get less, of the Bond scents.
    well said sir

Applying the country club-style exclusivity to fragrance marketing is a clever move. Secure the funds first, produce the goods later. Believe me, there are plenty of suckers out there.

That's 84ml for a thousand bucks? Am I reading that right? It's only twelve 7ml sprays? For a thousand dollars?
    Shipping and handling is getting expensive these days, plus they have to go through the personal anguish (every month !!) of "hand-selecting" (rather than letting machines make the decisions) what to send. What do you think NY therapists charge for curing them of the trauma of experiences like that ?

1K = A bargain !
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 11th January 2013 at 03:29 AM.