Code of Conduct

Thread: Headaches

Default Headaches

Hi everyone,

so the story goes like this...

I sampled Mont Blanc Legend and was impressed enough to buy a bottle. Lovely fresh fruity fougere.

I wore it for 4 days in a row. Not long into day 1 I developed a searing headache. I never even considered that the headdache may have been connected to the fragrance, though I couldn't explain why I had it. The headache persisted for the next four days. It was only on day four that I thought there may be a link between this lovely scent that was getting me a ridiculous number of unsolicited compliments and my poor throbbing temples.

I decided to take a break from the scent and,a day or two later, the headache lifted.

Three weeks later I decided to try the fragrance again. I was feeling fine and thought, after all, it wasn't exactly definite that it caused my headache. Three/four hours after a few sprays? Searing headache!

I'm typing this not long in from work and know now that I have to go take a shower and wash this lovely smell off. Either that or it's a strange coincidence.

My conclusion, rightly or wrongly, is that Mont Blanc Legend contains an ingredient that is kryptonite to my head.

My question to you all - does this sound possible? Is there a scent which has caused you similar problems?

Default Re: Headaches

Never had this problem, although it is common. Some people are just more sensitive to fragrance than others. Perhaps try spraying it furthur away from your nose so you're not constantly smelling it all day.

Sounds possible but have no idea what it could be.

Afraid it's not for you. Like JH said some people are just more sensitive to certain fragrances than others.

Overcome By Fumes

Migraines can be triggered by specific chemicals in people sensitive to those chemicals. It is certainly possible one of the ingredients in that fragrance is a migraine trigger for you. Why it waited 11 days to strike you is not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Migraines can be triggered by specific chemicals in people sensitive to those chemicals. It is certainly possible one of the ingredients in that fragrance is a migraine trigger for you. Why it waited 11 days to strike you is not clear.
    No, you misread my post I think. The headache came on day 1 (one). My mistake: should have had a comma in between 1 and I.

Banned

Smell is known to be easy trigger and common one for a headache! So vanilla especially common trigger for an headache, on the other hand there are things that work the opposite, i forgot now, but heard this from doctor Oz:-)
    And also experienced it on my own head:-)

I sometimes get headaches from frags if I have sprayed to much or to near to my nose like the neck area. Try spraying the same frag well away from your nose like your wrists/arms and see if you stll get the headaches.