Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velour - thoughts?

i'm checking out the sample and i'm finding it super awesome. to me it smells like creamy smooth lush lux leather, like the highest quality of leather. Something you'd smell from a hermes bag / Barcelona Chair or the inside of a ferrari. With a slight hint of tobacco and something lightly & cozyly sweet.

Thing is, i'm not sure what kind of setting this would be perfect for. A business meeting? would this work on dates? how about to a bar or club? I almost feel like this is too sophisticated / high end to wear on a normal basis. Any one else have thoughts on this?

Default Re: Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velour - thoughts?

I sampled this and found it really intriguing. I also thought it was similar to Carner Barcelona D600 and Dior Homme Intense,which I already own, so did not think I needed a bottle. If it is not similar to anything you already own, give it a try. I think it is a sophisticated scent that can be worn anywhere. Not sure about a club but then I do not like most of the stuff people wear when out clubbing these days.

Sound Scents

I have not given it a full wearing yet, but I just quickly popped my sample on skin and get a smooth, almost lightly sweet/boozy soft almost suede-like leather (probably there is immortelle in there to create the sweet/boozy effect). I too also get an underlying tobacco vibe. Very nice stuff. I actually would feel more comfortable wearing this to work than the one I own, Bois d'Ascese... Neither are the most versatile of scents but they both are quality compositions, IMO.
    Last edited by drseid; 31st December 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I have dabbed (daubed?) a bit of my sample several times and love it. Not sure about the versatility either so I signed up for a split (10ml). I may not need a full bottle (then again maybe I do) but I know I want to own at least some. As of this post there are still 4 spots open in the split.

Link to PalmBeach's split thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/309...on-Amouage-MFK

Basenotes Plus

I have found the scent completely versatile. It is a very smooth creamy leather that I find perfect.

Basenotes Plus

Dammit. So although i really dig the scent i tried a full wearing today (or as much as i could from the small roll on vial), and after about 20-30 min what i get is mostly strong vanilla with a hint of the lux leather. A female friend said that i smelled like vanilla lipstick...=T Then again she hates the smell of vanilla. But yeah, not sure if i'll be getting the split or bottle now. I might give it a couple more runs tho just to get second opinions.

Basenotes Plus

I don't get any lipstick vibe nor vanilla. On my skin it's mostly a creamy almost buttery suede with the bittery whisper of unsmoked tobacco leaves and a piquant tinge of spice. Sort of like Serge Lutens Daim Blond meeting La via del Profumo's Tabac. That can only mean one thing: it's a winner.

I also LOVE cuir velours, it is a great scent. However, I get a strong immortelle that comes out after around an hour--it ends up the dominant note of the scent on my skin. So maybe that is what you and your friend are smelling... immortelle has a sort of syrupy smell to it (kind of like maple syrup), and in general I'm not a big fan, but I find it really well done in cuir velours.