Code of Conduct

Default Keiko Mecheri -- Which Fragrances in This House Are Worth Sampling

I recently obtained a sample of Les Zazous, and I am impressed with the fragrance. I am thinking about sampling some others from this house, but there are a lot to choose from.

For those you own, or have sampled, from this line are there any that you recommend? Are there any that are must smells?

Thanks for the advice!

Default Re: Keiko Mecheri -- Which Fragrances in This House Are Worth Sampling

I don't have much familiarity with this brand but of the ones I tried I quite like Oliban which makes a fantastic option if you like incense but you're not into churchy-fragrances.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I havent tried many of her frags but I did try Mulholland and I thought it was fantasic, very creamy bright frag but a little to feminine for me to wear, but definitely worth smiffing IMO
    Im not going to lie to you; that smells like pure gasoline.

I'll add Oliban and Mulholland to my sample list.

I've tried a few of their oriental and leather scents and personally didn't care for them at all.

Banned

Try:

Oliban by Keiko Mecheri - Initially, one is treated to a magnificent shower of mystical frankincense. The lovely, sweetish, citrusy character commingles with the cedar chest aroma of Atlas cedarwood, with its aromatic fruitiness and ever so slightly camphoraceous, some might say urinous, whisper. This vivacious brew meanders to the waiting heart. Here, a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet sparkles somewhat. A delightful honey marries with the enchanting rose and imparts its enticing sweetness. An exotic undertone is furnished by a much subdued olibanum. Transitioning to the awaiting base, a select blond tabacco imparts its floral, vanillic, and smoky facets. A magical amber supplies hints of vanillic cherry, almonds as well as leather. Shadows of tangy frankincense flitter about. A charming drydown ensues. This well-blended, elegant composition leans substantially to the masculine side, and has radiating projection for maybe two hours, then settling to a skin scent, as well as average longevity.

I recently wrote about Damascena
    It's a very bizarre rose fragrance - metallic and oily due to an overload of rose oxide. Whilst I wouldn't really wear it, I was given a big decant of it and find it fascinating to smell.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Try:

Oliban by Keiko Mecheri - Initially, one is treated to a magnificent shower of mystical frankincense. The lovely, sweetish, citrusy character commingles with the cedar chest aroma of Atlas cedarwood, with its aromatic fruitiness and ever so slightly camphoraceous, some might say urinous, whisper. This vivacious brew meanders to the waiting heart. Here, a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet sparkles somewhat. A delightful honey marries with the enchanting rose and imparts its enticing sweetness. An exotic undertone is furnished by a much subdued olibanum. Transitioning to the awaiting base, a select blond tabacco imparts its floral, vanillic, and smoky facets. A magical amber supplies hints of vanillic cherry, almonds as well as leather. Shadows of tangy frankincense flitter about. A charming drydown ensues. This well-blended, elegant composition leans substantially to the masculine side, and has radiating projection for maybe two hours, then settling to a skin scent, as well as average longevity.
    Thank you for the detailed description. Now I really want to try Oliban out.

I've sample them all, Bespoke and regular line. None made me want a bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Sampled a few, plus all the Bespoke line. I liked a couple from the Bespoke line, Canyon Dreams and Tangeri, but at $275 for 50ml, not bottle worthy.

Sounds like this particular house does not get a lot of love. I appreciate the suggestions from everyone, and will definitely check them out. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

Oliban
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Damascena
    Iris d'Argent
    Iris Pourpre
    Les Zazous

Oliban, Santal, Patchoulissme, and Musc. These are all from her original line up. Tried a few from her newer offerings, didn't like them as much.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 12th September 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks for the additional suggestions!!

I dug this up because I too got a sample of Les Zazous, and found it fantastic. I'm curious about the others talked about here and will definitely be doing some more sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I havent tried many of her frags but I did try Mulholland and I thought it was fantasic, very creamy bright frag but a little to feminine for me to wear, but definitely worth smiffing IMO
    ditto.

Attar de Roses is definitely worth a try, IMO. I like Datura Blanche a lot too. I'm not a big fan of anything in the Bespoke series.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford