Code of Conduct

Thread: Nivea

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Nivea

I got sick and tired of my Gillete shaving cream that had a foul baby power smell and projected more than my Creeds did, so I bought Nivea shaving cream and Nivea post balm aftershave.

The shaving cream is scentless, it foams easily, it made for one of the smoothest shaves i've ever had. A very small amount goes a long way.

As for the post balm aftershave, it's very lightly fragranced. It smells a little bit like a cheap version of Terre D Hermes, but the scent is very light to where it's not a factor.

They are both affordable, economical and great quality, not just for the price but in general.

Default Re: Nivea

Have used Nivea in the past. Not bad.

Even their scented products seem unscented/neutrally smelling in a positive way- most or all their products have this unobtrusive, clean, soapy note, always comforting and never clashing with any SOTD worn. Plus, good value for money indeed and easily tolerated even by sensitive skin.

Dcampbell

I switched to their face wash and lotion however I have and always will use Schick hydro for my shaving needs.

Nivea For Men product line are great. Used it for years before I switched over to L'Oreal Men Expert products.

I've used the Nivea face scrub in the past but it's been reformulated and isn't as gritty as it was previously. I have also used the CoQ10 face lotion with SPF 15 and found it to be an effective product. The male body washes are pretty good too. However, I did notice that the 'Cool' formulation has alcohol listed in the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto04 View Post
    I've used the Nivea face scrub in the past but it's been reformulated and isn't as gritty as it was previously. I have also used the CoQ10 face lotion with SPF 15 and found it to be an effective product. The male body washes are pretty good too. However, I did notice that the 'Cool' formulation has alcohol listed in the ingredients.
    Most Nivea stuff is very good - I especially used to like their moisturiser which had SP4 in it, but unfortunately they've followed everyone else and gone to SP15 (who needs that high a sun protection factor all year round?). But I got annoyed with their body wash. After I got half way through the bottle I was forever having to shake the hell out of it to get some gel down to the bottle opening.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 12th May 2013 at 03:19 AM.

I have started to explore Nivea a bit more. I really enjoy the sensitive shaving gel. I am still on the fence on the shower gels but I will say the body lotion that is unscented is great. So overall I have had a good experience with this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I really enjoy the sensitive shaving gel.
    I use that too. It gives me a very close irritant free shave and it's not expensive.

(1916)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's the only shower gel I use

Have to try their shower gel.

(1935)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.