Code of Conduct

Default Looking to expand, need help

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but have been into cologne since high school. I always took pride in what I wore cologne wise, you would never catch me with a can of axe or a bottle of Adidas. But now Im 22, and having a bit of a hard time finding new colonges that feel "right" on me. Im gonna see if you guys can help me, im going to list a few of my major players from my collection and maybe you guys can help me find things that are similar or would also work well with my taste.

The following are my any day of the week choices

Burberry brit
    Armani code
    Kenzo Homme Woody
    gucci guilty intense
    Ben Sherman (love/hate relationship with this one)
    yves saint laurent nuit de l'homme

For the night out/bring one home:

D&G the one (formal)
    Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels
    yves saint laurent nuit de l'homme

SO if theres anyone who has a similar taste and has anything in their collection they think i might like, id love to hear from you.. Thanks

Default Re: Looking to expand, need help

THIS!

CHANEL …GOŌSTE

- Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Dior Homme / Intense
    Spicebomb
    Rochas Man
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Givenchy Play Intense

For your age and for the winter maybe Chanel Allure Homme and Burberry London and L'Instant De Guerlain and Dior Homme for slightly more special occasions.

Spicebomb, Aventus and Midnight in Paris for starters.

Green Irish Tweed

Overcome By Fumes

Thierry Mugler A Men Leather

Midnight in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Dior Homme / Intense
    Spicebomb
    Rochas Man
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Givenchy Play Intense

Just bought rochas man for 25$, blind buy, but its cheap enough to let it gather dust if i dont like it. thanks for the input

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Spicebomb, Aventus and Midnight in Paris for starters.
    Already have midnight in paris, as well as hanae mori and rochas man on the way, i think im good with the sweeter stuff for now, i heard spicebomb is a little sweet aswell, and until i find a sample a 100$ blind buy is not an option

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Midnight in Paris
    got it, good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    For your age and for the winter maybe Chanel Allure Homme and Burberry London and L'Instant De Guerlain and Dior Homme for slightly more special occasions.
    Im going to make a desicion between D&G homme, Dior Homme and Chanels Homme to start, Ive heard good things about all of them

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Green Irish Tweed
    I have yet to venture into Creeds territory, but I hear theres good things over there.. Which is better between the green irish tweed and aventus ?

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Thierry Mugler A Men Leather
    Heard many conflicting things about A*man frags, ive actually never even seen/heard about it until i found this site... i will have to acquire samples

And thanks everyone, you have given me a few hours of research and a half assed scavenger hunt to get started on

Basenotes Plus

Skip L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme and get L'Essence de Cerutti. You can get a 3.4 oz bottle on eBay for $29.99 and you won't get a fake with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Skip L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme and get L'Essence de Cerutti. You can get a 3.4 oz bottle on eBay for $29.99 and you won't get a fake with this one.

I grabbed this, very impressed... got it for 20$ shipped I can see myself sticking with this one and probably keeping it a secret as to what it is

The fragrance counter at Nordstrom is your friend. They let you make samples of anything you like.

If you like Armani Code and YSL Nuit, then you may like 1 million or Curve. They are both sweet. I also recommend you give the Cartier line a sniff, it has lots of the notes you like. On the more expensive side, you'll love Creed Aventus.

I'd strongly recommend you check out Gucci Pour Homme II and Bvlgari Black. Also, Hanae Mori H.M. really gets compliments from women, in my experience and can be had on the cheap online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    L'Essence de Cerutti instead of LIDG? I didn't realize they're that similar. Are they?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm View Post
    I grabbed this, very impressed... got it for 20$ shipped I can see myself sticking with this one and probably keeping it a secret as to what it is
    Glad you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    L'Essence de Cerutti instead of LIDG? I didn't realize they're that similar. Are they?
    Not really similar but I consider them to be in the same vein. One is leather and one is citrus/cacao which sounds like two completely different elements of the spectrum but I see them having a similar purpose. This could be because my collection is dominated by sweet/gourmand fragrances though