Code of Conduct

Default Lumiere Noire Pour Homme - A Beautiful Ethereal Sexy Fragrance

Not since Amouage's Homage Attar have I been blown away and my nose been taken back to fragrance school in what some creative perfumers can create. But Francis Kurkdjian has made some thing special with this one.

This was a wild blind buy for me and I was expecting a heavy rose/patchouli fragrance and instead it was the total opposite.

I sprayed a shot to my neck and wrist and got this beautiful very very light ethereal rose fragrance mixed in with something sensual. It is not like you are smelling a rose up close but smelling a beautiful rose mixed in with something sexy on the breeze.

After a while it develops this wonderful white muskyness that smells beautiful on your skin. It's like the creator has captured the feeling of been in love and bottled it as that is what it makes you feel. It's amazing to me that the whole composition is done with a light touch as it is very airy and as I said its like your smelling something beautiful on the breeze.

The fragrance is unisex to my nose though there is this light sensuality to it that slightly pushes it towards the masculine side of the border.

I am going to have to check out the other fragrances by Francis Kurkdjian as this one is a very beautiful sexy fragrance for a man to wear. Wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lumiere Noire Pour Homme - A Beautiful Ethereal Sexy Fragrance

My decant of this better be here today lol. Ive been looking forward to this one for some time. Now that Jack is sold, im sure I will agree with it also. Keep us posted on your MFK finds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a really lovely description of a fragrance. Of course I am desperate to try it now!

This is a very nice fragrance indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been on my radar for quite a while, but haven't been motivated enough go for it yet. This thread has given me a tad bit of said motivation however. I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    My decant of this better be here today lol. Ive been looking forward to this one for some time. Now that Jack is sold, im sure I will agree with it also. Keep us posted on your MFK finds.
    Same here!! It shoudl be out for delivery and after reading this i can't wait to try it!

JH- Do you feel this is a more weareable rose fragrance? Something someone coudl wear daily, possible sig scent?

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jack, for that very enthusiastic comment. I hate to spoil the good mood, but I only wish I was as thrilled by LNpH as you are - I've owned an FB for almost two years now and keep it in regular rotation, but unfortunately, it doesn't excite or fascinate me very much anymore. It's nice enough, for sure, but it actually smells really old-school to me. It has a dull "distinguished old man"-vibe to it, I think, and smells almost retro. I feel much older than I am when I wear it (I'm 34). I think there are far better places to go for rose frags (Rose 31 or Paestum Rose, for example) or patchouli (tons of options, of which I like CdG Luxe the most), but it's always good to learn about something you don't appreciate all that much yourself pleasing others whose opinion you respect. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Same here!! It shoudl be out for delivery and after reading this i can't wait to try it!

JH- Do you feel this is a more weareable rose fragrance? Something someone could wear daily, possible sig scent?
    Most definitely this is not a in your face lush Rose like Lyric Man. It is very light and mixed in with the patchouli and other notes seamlessly. It also has a light sensuality to it that pushes it to the more masculine side though ever so slightly.

I am going to have to be careful when wearing it as it makes you feel like getting down on one knee before your girlfriend and proposing marriage.lol

I'm sure you could wear it daily but to me it comes across as a special going out scent, romantic dinners/clubs. It is beautiful and very refined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful fragrance. I'm working on yet another decant of it.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My search for the perfect rose ended here. Congrats on the purchase
    Disclaimer: idk lol

Amazing description, Jack Hunter.
    I have a small decant of this and it's not doing anything for me.
    I don't "get it". I'm going to retest this untill I understand what everyone is raving about.
    I like APOM Pour Homme a lot, you should certainly test that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Jack, this is an excellent scent. I've got a sample of it which I keep re-visiting, I'm trying to decide which one I prefer between this one and APOM PH. This is another one you should definitely try, as it's in the same ball park.

Nice description Jack and I totally agree with you! Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is indeed really gorgeous and sexy scent and it is in my wishlist right now. With APOM PH Actually the whole MFK line convinced me. They really are quality scents.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Post Thanks / Like

Your comments inspired me to wear this as my SOTD! I'm still not as enthusiastic as you are about it, but I wanted to give it another try to see if I got the magic that you get.

I know this is not the same, but i sprayed this on paper just to get an idea of what it smells like, and it comes off pretty feminine to me and can defintely smell the rose/floral smell, but it does have that hint of something that makes it a bit dirty in a way, maybe that's the animalistic note that some have mentioned. Of course i need to put this on skin, but on paper it smells nice, but for some reason i get this air freshner vibe to it...I hope that's not the case when i give it a wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack, I had the same experience the first time I sampled it. What an amazing opening!

Unfortunately the second time I wore it the rose note was more pronounced than I prefer and leaned too much on the feminine side for my taste. I plan on sampling it several more times before I come to a final verdict.

But I'm glad it's working for you. When it does, it's a truly beautiful composition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I agree with you Jack, this is an excellent scent. I've got a sample of it which I keep re-visiting, I'm trying to decide which one I prefer between this one and APOM PH. This is another one you should definitely try, as it's in the same ball park.
    This was what I was going to type out lol. Having a dilemma between the two as well, but I still have quite a bit of my sample left...

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Jack, I had the same experience the first time I sampled it. What an amazing opening!

Unfortunately the second time I wore it the rose note was more pronounced than I prefer and leaned too much on the feminine side for my taste. I plan on sampling it several more times before I come to a final verdict.

But I'm glad it's working for you. When it does, it's a truly beautiful composition.
    Mens fragrances with Rose in them are notorious for testing our perception of what is masculine or to feminine.lol

For example Lyric Man by Amouage is a beautiful lush rose scent that I like but cannot wear as it steps to far over of what I perceive to be to feminine. But lucky for me wearing this one just was not a issue because the rose is seamlessly mixed in with the Patchouli and cumin notes giving it a slight masculine sensuality to the composition. Though I can see how others could perceive it differently, I'm just glad I do not.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Jack.

I completely agree w' you about LNPH. Very smooth and perfectly blended. LNPH has a rose accord, but its more than a masculine floral imho.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

I know this is not the same, but i sprayed this on paper just to get an idea of what it smells like, and it comes off pretty feminine to me and can defintely smell the rose/floral smell, but it does have that hint of something that makes it a bit dirty in a way, maybe that's the animalistic note that some have mentioned. Of course i need to put this on skin, but on paper it smells nice, but for some reason i get this air freshner vibe to it...I hope that's not the case when i give it a wearing.
    This stuff is amazing, and i agree, after trying it out on skin, i find it the most wearable for a man IMO of the rose frags Ive tried thus far, exluding rose31.

I'm going to give this a full wearing
    Tomorrow and as long as it lasts long this is a for sure winner in my book and will probably look into a getting a bottle when my decant runs out.

After wearing this for the past few days it has one of the most spectacular openings I have smelled in a fragrance. The rose/patchouli etc combo smells like love has been captured in a bottle.

It's up there with Millesime Imperial for a fragrance with great topnotes. After a few hours it settles down to a clean white musk which is very soft and really nice in its own right. It's just I wish the rose topnotes would stay around for more than a few hours before the basenotes kick in. Amazing fragrance.

I have ordered four samples of other scents from the Maison Francis Kurkdjian website and I'm sure some of them are going to be great fragrances as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have ordered four samples of other scents from the Maison Francis Kurkdjian website and I'm sure some of them are going to be great fragrances as well.
    I was looking at the site a few months back, and I didn't see any way to order samples. I just looked again, and I still didn't see anything. How did you order them from the official site?

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I was looking at the site a few months back, and I didn't see any way to order samples. I just looked again, and I still didn't see anything. How did you order them from the official site?
    It's not the best site set up to order samples as you have to understand French at the checkout.lol

Click on Mens Fragrances and there is a tab that says samples which brings down a list of scents you can choose from his range. One tip though when you are filling out your address details, when you come to the post/zip code do not leave any spaces or it will not complete. Hope this helps.

After wearing this for the past few days it has one of the most spectacular openings I have smelled in a fragrance. The rose/patchouli etc combo smells like love has been captured in a bottle.

It's up there with Millesime Imperial for a fragrance with great topnotes. After a few hours it settles down to a clean white musk which is very soft and really nice in its own right. It's just I wish the rose topnotes would stay around for more than a few hours before the basenotes kick in. Amazing fragrance.

Yes, this is exactly my only concern with this frag, those top notes that are gorgous literally died on me within 30-45min and i was left with what you described. Longevity is excellent, i can stll smell it on my skin the next morning, however, after the first couple hours it is appears to be a skin scent and very quiet compared to how it starts off. Need to test this out more, but i wish it perfumed more like lyric man or rose oud by kilian...those suckers go and keep going!!

What we have to remember is that this beauty is a EDT and not a EDP concentration. I have not got a white musk frag in my collection of the quality to the basenotes of this but I could bathe in those topnotes forever.lol

For me I think this is the perfect romantic/evening out fragrance where you know that people are going to get that wow factor when they smell the scent on you. I would not want to wear this casually to often as I would not want to get to used to those awesome opening notes. I cannot wait to get samples of the creators other fragrances, if they are anything like this I may buy the whole range.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the best site set up to order samples as you have to understand French at the checkout.lol

Click on Mens Fragrances and there is a tab that says samples which brings down a list of scents you can choose from his range. One tip though when you are filling out your address details, when you come to the post/zip code do not leave any spaces or it will not complete. Hope this helps.
    Where do you see that? What URL are you looking at?

EDIT: Found it. 12 pounds hmm..
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumičre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Hey Jack what type of longevity/projection are you getting from this? Have people noticed it when you've worn it? I have worn this 3 days straight and almost certain i am going to get a bottle, just want to make sure it lasts so i'm testing it a bit more but like you fell in love with it. I think there may be a note in here that i'm just asmonic too and i lose the scent and than it reappears on my skin. Tricky one for me to figure out since i feel that it wears light but other times not so sure.

Hey Jack what type of longevity/projection are you getting from this? Have people noticed it when you've worn it? I have worn this 3 days straight and almost certain i am going to get a bottle, just want to make sure it lasts so i'm testing it a bit more but like you fell in love with it. I think there may be a note in here that i'm just asmonic too and i lose the scent and than it reappears on my skin. Tricky one for me to figure out since i feel that it wears light but other times not so sure.
    I have been spraying a shot to the chest,neck and one to my wrist and I have found the scent overall lasts all day and I can smell it the next morning. Also as the scent is ethereal and light it gives me that halo effect especially when I am out. You know surrounds you in a bouquet of that gorgeous musky/rose cloud scent.

But the intensity of the beautiful rose accord lasts about three to four hours with it diminishing after each hour and the white musk accord becoming more prominent until you are left with just the white musk.

The thing is the white musk is a easy fragrance note to become numb to and not smell it as I have had periods where I could not smell it but my girlfriend could only for it to as you say re appear later.

As for comments my girlfriend loves the scent and my neighbour asked if I was going to a wedding as I smell very nice.lol

A awesome sexy fragrance to be sure and I have ordered four more samples of his frags and if they are as good as this I am going to have to dig deep into my wallet.

I have been spraying a shot to the chest,neck and one to my wrist and I have found the scent overall lasts all day and I can smell it the next morning. Also as the scent is ethereal and light it gives me that halo effect especially when I am out. You know surrounds you in a bouquet of that gorgeous musky/rose cloud scent.

But the intensity of the beautiful rose accord lasts about three to four hours with it diminishing after each hour and the white musk accord becoming more prominent until you are left with just the white musk.

The thing is the white musk is a easy fragrance note to become numb to and not smell it as I have had periods where I could not smell it but my girlfriend could only for it to as you say re appear later.

As for comments my girlfriend loves the scent and my neighbour asked if I was going to a wedding as I smell very nice.lol

A awesome sexy fragrance to be sure and I have ordered four more samples of his frags and if they are as good as this I am going to have to dig deep into my wallet.
    Appreciate the quick reply. Sounds similiar to my experience, the Rose notes fade each hour up until about 3-4th hour and than its just a smooth musck scent. I think this is the phase where i lose the scent and it comes and goes, and i think its maybe due to me expecting it to be louder and its more of a lighter frag but transparent. It defintely wears completely different than the other rose scents i have such as lyric and rose 31, those are just thicker/heavier scents and project stronger on me. LN is just is a different approach i have yet to come across but man do i love this stuff!

I will wear this tomorrow and ask a few co-workers if they can smell me and see if maybe i'm losing my mind lol. i bet this would be a great one to spray on clothing, to keep those top notes around a bit longer..similiar to MI.

This is indeed really nice.

Its a pink rose with some bitter greeness to it from the artemisia. Opens green and with a pink rose, very very transparent and dries to a very very sensual musk. 3 sprays of it is good for the day, projection isn't loud but longevity is there.

I think this is a very soothing scent, doesn't smell like it, bit reminds me of the meditation and brewing Japanese or Chinese tea, calm, relaxed, sensual.

And sensual it is.

I do find that Lyric Man is more romantic though (rose behind a curtain veil with incense and some sweet woods) so Lum Noire for me is more of a day scent/all purpose scent.

Guess I have too many rose scents now... Une Rose, POAL, Lum Noire and Lyric..

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to test this again, the first time I smelled it I was unimpressed.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I just received my bottle of this today and it's just stunning! I will say if anyone has this in a decant or sample, they need to try it out of a official bottle, i can already tell this is stronger and brigher than the samples i was using. I'm sure this rule probably applies to all decan'ts vs offical bottles fresh juice. I can't recall the last time i wore a scent a week straight...gorgeous stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bump an old thread but just had to agree with Jacks description of this. Received an official sample (great price direct from MFK might I add). This really is stunning. It's certainly unisex to my nose. A beautiful scent.

Post Thanks / Like

my new found love.... i agree with Jack , and puting all tumbs up for this one... i hope not as many will agree and this one will still remain my silant Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I like the scent, but unfortunately it is quiet and very short lived. Perhaps it is the heat/humidity here that kills it.
    Lyric Man - wow, that's a wonderful fragrance! Perfectly masculine in my opinion.
    * Current Favourites *
    Amouage: Lyric Man & Essenza di Colonia Acqua di Parma
    Serge Lutens: Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    I like the scent, but unfortunately it is quiet and very short lived. Perhaps it is the heat/humidity here that kills it.
    Lyric Man - wow, that's a wonderful fragrance! Perfectly masculine in my opinion.
    I don't think it's the heat/humidity cuz it's freezing cold here in Canada and this lasts about 2 hours on my skin! Lovely scent but doesn't stick around long enough!

Very interesting comments about the lack of longevity some people are having. I purchased a bottle of this a few weeks back - I absolutely love it. For me, it lasts all day. A fresh clean scent that beats many other fragrances in my collection for longevity.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Post Thanks / Like

It lasts a long time for me too. Perhaps olfactory fatigue is the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely one of my faves. I have a full signed bottle so feel guilty using it. It has good longevity for me. I also have warmed up to APOM and will get a bottle soon.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Post Thanks / Like

It smells very similar to my gf's Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT.

I adore this juice, but i have to admit i have neglected it for months now. I feel the longevity on this one can be a bit tricky at times for me, at times it seems to last all day and other times i feel its no longer there..must be fatigue. I know one thing is for sure, women adore this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all the positive comments about Lumiere Noire. It's wonderful, sexy and elegant, it became one of my all time favorite fragrances very quickly.

I don't have problems with longevity, I bought my bottle from Neiman Marcus and I get 8 hours from this juice with average projection.

Post Thanks / Like

For those commenting on longevity, I'm almost certain it's only fatigue. One time I wore it and could not detect it after 5 hours. I went to give my friend a hug and my friend says, "Wow, you smell wonderful!"

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a huge fan of masculine florals, but this is among the best that I've tried. I found it rather long-lasting fwiw.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Longevity for this scent REALLY depends on how many sprays you use, if I spray on skin and on the same spot 3 to 4 sprays it can last for at least 10 hours!

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to wear some from my bottle for the first time...I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the fatigue. I've almost used my full bottle of LNPH over the past 2 years and it is a longevity beast. Fortunately, this one doesnt fatigue my nose as much as some others do, but it definitely lasts all day. I can spray it at 7:30AM and still get comments at 9PM. That's good enough to perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    For those commenting on longevity, I'm almost certain it's only fatigue. One time I wore it and could not detect it after 5 hours. I went to give my friend a hug and my friend says, "Wow, you smell wonderful!"