Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday 11th January 2013

Morning! Big day today as we finally get the keys to our new home.

PerfumedLady So you like Drole de Rose? I only wear it once in a blue moon but when I do I find it delightful. I prefer it to Lipstick Rose. Drole has a gentler vintage vibe I think. Ghostly shadows of a glamourous dressing room.

Quarry. I read your post late last night before bed and I went to bed with joy in my heart!

Oxford and Cambridge today. I haven't got in synch with the synch yet this year.

Default Re: SOTD Friday 11th January 2013

Serge Lutens Boxeuses.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good luck in your new home Foustie!

For synch Friday (a scent to warm you up) I'm in L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Bonjour!
    ..vintage EDT

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Basenotes Plus

Foustie, how exciting! Best of luck in your new home. Xxoo

SOTD is Rochas Absolu

Have a lovely Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Great news . Wishing you every happiness at Foustie Towers .

SotD is Hugh Parsons Blue.

OK, time to rally the troops. Can everyone kindly send good vibes in the direction of Twolf - she could really do with a little positivity at the moment. Please keep her in your thoughts. That's all - thanks in anticipation.

Morning all!

I'm wearing Trish McEvoy Sexy #9 blackberry and vanilla.

Going out to buy a warm dressing gown and thermals before the big chill hits.

Hello all. MPG Eau des Iles.
    DONNA

Good morning all! Today I'm wearing Obsession Night by Calvin Klein

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post

PerfumedLady So you like Drole de Rose? I only wear it once in a blue moon but when I do I find it delightful. I prefer it to Lipstick Rose. Drole has a gentler vintage vibe I think. Ghostly shadows of a glamourous dressing room.

Quarry. I read your post late last night before bed and I went to bed with joy in my heart!

Oxford and Cambridge today. I haven't got in synch with the synch yet this year.
    Foustie, luv, it makes me happy to hear about your tickled heart. And I'm excited to learn about your new home. There is no detail about it that would not interest me and Mr. Q. Do tell, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Wishing you every happiness at Foustie Towers
    Too, too cute and clever you are.

Sure, Jon! Been thinking of her a couple of times!
    How exciting, Foustie! Congratulations!
    Racine (old bottle design). It smells darker, deeper, less citrus-y but that could well be the age compared to the new juice.
    Meanwhile a spritz of Sa Majeste La Rose when I was in downtown. I still don't like it. So not Lutens to me.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 11th January 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I'm wearing Trish McEvoy Sexy #9 blackberry and vanilla.
    (Does happy dance) Somebody else knows Sexy 9!
    You smell snuggly good, Scentsucker.

Basenotes is having server issues again. Sad.

Evangeline, I get what you're saying about Miss Dior Le Parfum not meeting yourdesires. However, Shades might need to check it out, what with the half Angel vibe it's got.

Twolf, karma owes you so many fine days. I hope payment comes through in the form of comfort and strength.
    Last edited by Quarry; 11th January 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 11th January 2013

MONTALE 'S
    ATTAR

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Congratulations Foustie!

I am wearing Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan (from a sample) today - sunshine in a bottle ...much needed today when it is cold and grey.

Foustie, how exciting! Congrats! The house does have a temperature controlled, walk in perfume closet, right?

Thinking of Twolf.........therefore, FM Iris Poudre for today. Not in synch, but the thoughts are warm.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Feeling rather mercurial in Hermès Équipage this AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

A new house! I wish you a lot of happiness in it, Foustie!

SotD is La Traversèe du Bosphore- I usually wear it in summer, but it's so perfect also in colder weather!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Oud Pur Oriental by Montale

Basenotes Institution

Congrat's on the new home Foustie! Exciting news.
    Quarry, I remember you sending me a sample of that Trish McEvoy scent, I haven't gotten around to smelling it yet. (hugs)

I'm not having a very good day today myself - I'm not really ready to share what's going on in my personal life right now but I'm going through some big changes and I feel very scared, afraid and a bit nervous. Being the Latin man that I am, all of this tends to get bottled up inside of my hot-blooded body and head. So, I'm trying to take small baby steps and share about it a little (like this post). I need your hugs today ladies and gents. My soul is a bit tender today.

In sync in:

Opus IV by Amouage (from a sample)

OMG, this stuff is SO NICE. Gosh I could totally rock a bottle of this. So expensive though...
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Putting Wolfie and Mikeperez smack dab in the middle of one of these:

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    (Does happy dance) Somebody else knows Sexy 9!
    You smell snuggly good, Scentsucker.

Basenotes is having server issues again. Sad.

Evangeline, I get what you're saying about Miss Dior Le Parfum not meeting yourdesires. However, Shades might need to check it out, what with the half Angel vibe it's got.

Twolf, karma owes you so many fine days. I hope payment comes through in the form of comfort and strength.
    Yay!! They should call it Cuddly #9! And now I have a fluffy new dressing gown to go with it :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plaisir View Post
    Congratulations Foustie!

I am wearing Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan (from a sample) today - sunshine in a bottle ...much needed today when it is cold and grey.
    I have a sample of this too: it's lovely. I'm thinking of getting the Hermes travel set with this and vetiver tonka, poivre samarcande and ambre narguile. That'll keep me happy for a while!

Mike, you got it. Hugs and support coming your way.

Giorgio Beverly Hills ~ Red for Men. A bitter, herbal masterpiece.

Mike, please accept a hug from a shy newbie. Really hope things look better for you soon.

Basenotes Plus

Loads of hugs and support going out to Twolf and Mike this morning!

Foustie, wishing you great happiness in your new home!

We're waiting for our winter storm to show up today. It's been raining and misting all through the night and it's suppose to switch to snow and be blizzard conditions later in the day. Suppose to get around a foot of snow by this time tomorrow.

SotD for sync Friday is Coco.

Wishing you all a nice weekend!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Foustie, l wish you every happiness in your new home.

Hugs & positivity going out to Twolf & mike.

lt's been a long, hard day at work, but so nice to see some real sunshine today, at last. SOTD was Sheer Obsession, a cold-weather staple for me, but not too heavy for work.
    This evening l'm planning to try my sample of Daphne by Comme des Garcons.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

[COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLORFor the gym Love and Luck. For this evening the infamous Dior Homme Intense! TGIF!

(((twolf)))(((Mike)))

Saying prayer for ya Mike, I don't share too much online either, lol..just cause. The lay-off recently, oh and dentist woes, lol.. that's about it. Sending hugs out to ya. I think I entered a contest to win an Opus IV, didn't win, I never win those things, lol. I haven't sniffed the fume yet anyway, lol. But hey, a free Amouage, is a free Amouage.

Congrats Foustie on your new home! LOL, I am already thinking..what room spray would you get for the home? Will it smell of lovely perfumes?..like Ramon Monegal?.

Quarry, is that for all Sephoras? I was thinking just the opposite, less nail polish and more fumes!

No scent as allergies have run amuck lately, it may have been a musty civet to blame, idk. lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 11th January 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Feeling extremely weary after this week and nothing shows it's going to be at least a little better soon.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense for me

Sorry for doubles. Basenotes doesn't like me today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Feeling extremely weary after this week and nothing shows it's going to be at least a little better soon.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense for me
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Sorry for doubles. Basenotes doesn't like me today
    Hugs to you, lucasai, we basenoters do like you! Hope you have a restful & stress-free weekend.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Congrats on the new home, Foustie!
    ((Hugs)) to Mike.

Wearing Neoatura Cocoon to warm me up.

[
    Last edited by jacona; 11th January 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Adding Mike to the list of recipients ....

SotE - Giorgio for Men.

Eau Fraîche

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Quarry, is that for all Sephoras? I was thinking just the opposite, less nail polish and more fumes!
    I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were Wisconsin only which is abandoning perfumes. I love this land, but have little in common with the local populace.

Mike, you bring out the mother in me. I want to run defense on whatever is scaring you. Take a big, deep breath now. There isn't any change you can't overcome. This too shall pass. Better days are coming. Those aren't just platitudes, honey buns. I'm glad you share whatever feels right, because airing concerns does feel like lessening the burden. Here comes that hug ... SQUISH!!!

It was feeling like spring here this morning -- all sunshine and thaw -- so I applied touches of 5 diff violet frags. I haven't found the "me" violet yet, but gotta love the "nearly me" ones, especially Violette Precieuse and Bois de Violette.

Hi, gang! Ignore those two sample pass theads from me; I wasted my whole morning typing it up and trying to post only to have it post with NO text, twice! Aaargh, BN! Will see if we can get an aldehydic pass going later; for now have asked the mods to clean the whole mess up.

Yes, Foustie, yes to all you said! I do love Dd'R; enjoyed it from my first sampling and I only keep growing fonder! And I like it better than Lipstick Rose, too. Think it would only be an occasional wear for me, too but that's great; means one bottle is all I'll likely ever need. "Ghostly shadows of a glamorous dressing room" is one of the loveliest scent descriptions I've heard. Congratulations on your much-deserved new home, my friend! May it be filled with love, warmth and laughter for many years to come!

No sync today, do not need warming up. We are expected to hit the mid-50's today. I'll take every warm winter day I can get! No.5 EDT for me.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Been having issues on BN as well. Bummer when that happens!
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Thanks for your understanding, Kalli! We have wonderful mods here on the ladies' side; they have jumped to help me out. And I see they did get my mess cleaned up! Will try again later, there will be an aldehydic sample pass, folks! Thank you mods, for all your help!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I should have checked out the SOTD threads sooner. There's so much information (though it increased my To Test list, which I'm trying to whittle down...)

Synched in SL Musk Koublai Khan. I still can't believe this one is such a pussycat on my skin. So warm, like a lion lying in the sun

A Mike style bear hug for Mike from Larimar today!!!! Be gentle with yourself!
    Jardin du Nil (old bottle design) tonight. Still my favorite Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier fragrance. And the good news the current jus in Paris smelled just the same to me.
    Wine o'clock after Thai style dinner (soup with Greenland shrimps, lemongrass, coconut milk). Chef Larimar deserves a glass or two!
    Best to all

Evening all. Un Bois Vanille today a lucky synch. Hugs to Mike, Twolf and Kalli.

Health and Happiness in your new home Foustie

Foustie, congratulations and much happiness in your new home. I know how exciting that is. May you have loads of fun making it yours. And if there's some Foustie Towers craziness, all the better.

So many wonderful Basenoters in need of positivity, comfort, and support -- karma is running big ol' debits where all of you are concerned. Big, warm hugs to Twolf, Mike, and Lucas. I second Quarry's advice -- take a big, deep breath, believe in yourself, and remember you're loved.

I'm warmed up (and synched up) today in the lovely Serge Lutens Bois Oriental. This one warms me up and calms me almost as well as Tam Dao.

Hugs to anyone else who needs them.

Wearing Kingdom EdP (Alexander McQueen) today.

(((Mike))) (((Twolf)))
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    It was feeling like spring here this morning -- all sunshine and thaw -- so I applied touches of 5 diff violet frags. I haven't found the "me" violet yet, but gotta love the "nearly me" ones, especially Violette Precieuse and Bois de Violette.
    Quarry, have you tried any of Sonoma Scent Studio's violets? I have Wood Violet (think Bois de Violette minus the cumin, with an amped up, slightly greener violet), and I will soon order Voile de Violette (one of the prettiest, non-powdery violets ever -- if you like that kind of thing). I think Laurie does amazing work with violet and rose. (And amber, too, but I digress.)

Congratulations, Foustie, how very exciting!! I wish you much happiness and warmth in your new home.

Biiiiiiiiig, loving hug to you, (((((Mike)))). Please take care and be kind to yourself, and try to remain positive.

Again, just back from the gym, so no scent yet. Wait, I did spritz Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq pre-workout.
    I will wear Shalimar the rest of the day. I really need to get some of the ancillaries; a Shalimar bathing experience sounds so divine right now!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Quarry, have you tried any of Sonoma Scent Studio's violets? I have Wood Violet (think Bois de Violette minus the cumin, with an amped up, slightly greener violet), and I will soon order Voile de Violette (one of the prettiest, non-powdery violets ever -- if you like that kind of thing). I think Laurie does amazing work with violet and rose. (And amber, too, but I digress.)
    I haven't tried SSS's violets. While I love green notes, I almost always need sweetening in a scent to counterbalance my bitter aura. Today I noticed Dumont's Vanille Violette in reviews. Sounds right in theory. Thanks for ideas, sweetie pie.

Cozying up in Black Vetyver Cafe for watching movies.
    Last edited by Quarry; 11th January 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

​Azuree EDP
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Congratulations on your new home, Foustie!

(((((Mike))))

A cold and rainy day here,

I was wearing

Guet Apens - Guerlain.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

(Twolf) (Mike) (lucas) (anyone else in need). Thinking of you x.

(((MikePerez)))

Wearing Anthropologie's Belle de Soir tonight. Love their sales.

Basenotes Plus

Vintage Giorgio for Men
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Gucci Rush today... I don't think I'm in sync though.

Good evening, good smelling gentlepersons. Hugs and good wishes to TWolf and Mike and anybody else who needs them. Take care of yourselves...

Today in SSS To Dream. Lurvely.

Early up to work, along day, quick dinner, off to do laundry, no rest for the wicked. This perfume certainly holds up to it though. It is such a powerhouse that it's hard to actually apply the right amount; like the Prairie Nymph, I feel sort of like I need insulated gloves to handle it.

bleu autumn haze

I'm in synch today wearing Cinnabar. It's such a warm, spicy, sexy beast!

Foustie, congratulations on the new house! May you be blissfully happy in your new home.

hugs to all, but extra ones for Twolf, Mike, and Lucas ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm in synch today wearing Cinnabar.
    Yum!

Today, I feel blessed to sample Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist Pearl Essence. Thank you, fume fairy.

Dunno what's up with the air in the world. But I wish it would straighten out soon. Hugs to all who need it.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe