Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intense....am I missing something?

I tried this one me expecting a massive powerhouse of a smell and was really disappointed as I didn't smell much at all, it didn't seem intense in the slightest. Do you have to have a particular skin type to get the best out of this one?

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense....am I missing something?

I wouldn't call it a powerhouse at all. Its a darker version of Dior Homme, also not a "powerhouse". Cocoa and Iris.
    It doesn't project like crazy either. Its a laid back sort of sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Its a laid back sort of sexy.
    Very well put. It doesn't jump off your skin but the sillage is there...and beautiful at that, IMO.

Also it is intense in the sense that it is "deep" rather than "loud".

Sound Scents

I don't like it, but I have never heard of it classified as a powerhouse even by its most ardent supporters as I really don't think that was what Dior was going for with DHI. If you are looking for and expecting a powerhouse, look elsewhere.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frdric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'dri) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Fortunately, DHI is not a powerhouse. It is however, a delightful experience to wear. It is masculine while bordering on the line of femininity. It is a fragrance produced for the secure gentleman. DHI is also such a positive attention getter. I get so many unsolicited compliments while wearing, and not too many gentlemen that I know, wear DHI. A definite plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Fortunately, DHI is not a powerhouse. It is however, a delightful experience to wear. It is masculine while bordering on the line of femininity. It is a fragrance produced for the secure gentleman. DHI is also such a positive attention getter. I get so many unsolicited compliments while wearing, and not too many gentlemen that I know, wear DHI. A definite plus for me.

It sure is, just curious do you wear the reform or vintage ? Not like there Is much difference between them anyways.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    ... the reform or vintage ? Not like there Is much difference between them anyways.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
    I tried this one me expecting a massive powerhouse of a smell and was really disappointed as I didn't smell much at all, it didn't seem intense in the slightest. Do you have to have a particular skin type to get the best out of this one?
    Not missing anything. This is the most over-hyped synthetic-smelling vanilla concoction the world has seen! That said, when I tried it, my jumper smelt of it for about a whole week with only two sprays to my neck/throat area.

DH Original Formulation is more potent that DHI reformulated imo.

It is not a powerhouse on me either. Though it does project somewhat.

The gentlemen up top described it as a laid back sexy and that is a great analysis of this fragrance.

I must have been blessed with a very good nose then. To me, and on me, and others, I can definitely tell there is a difference between vintage and the reformulation(s) of this one. I have owned quite a few bottles of this gem, and I too agree. This is not a powerhouse frag, but it does last long, and it does it's magic more or less in the background, while still managing to project more then enough. The reform is o.k. but when I wear this one, I always end up reaching for the vintage. The reforms that I have don't really smell like the cocoa in the dry down, it is much more vanilla, and I can pick out the pear note from a mile away!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

DHI is not a powerhouse per se, but can be a long-lasting room-filling frag.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I have never expected it to be overpowering.

Not what I would ever think of when I hear the term "powerhouse"
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

On my skin, DHI projects strongly the first 2-3 hours. Then, it becomes close to the skin with incensy trype of sillage for the rest of its scent life.

If you're looking for longer and more consistent projection, try the original Dior Homme (vintage with silver tube).

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Senore1 my brother, you described it too the T. IMO this is a great frag and wasn't meant to be a powerhouse.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 11th January 2013 at 03:58 PM.

I remember this one, back in 2009, and liked it. not much people knows the extince from the intense version,maybe the reason wil be that it was also a limited version. Now the point, I agree its a nice frag and unique but since it was discontinued you hyped it to the max,everybody screams DHI and looking for vintage here and there. also the people who never heard of it looks for it.
    you guys hyped stuff like this.
    and for example: gucci pour homme 2 maybe discontinued gets not much attention,till now.why u dont like it before then???
    this all is the reason that I will leave dhi.gph2 and others frags and enjoy unique unhyped stufff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reve d'or View Post
    I remember this one, back in 2009, and liked it. not much people knows the extince from the intense version,maybe the reason wil be that it was also a limited version. Now the point, I agree its a nice frag and unique but since it was discontinued you hyped it to the max,everybody screams DHI and looking for vintage here and there. also the people who never heard of it looks for it.
    you guys hyped stuff like this.
    and for example: gucci pour homme 2 maybe discontinued gets not much attention,till now.why u dont like it before then???
    this all is the reason that I will leave dhi.gph2 and others frags and enjoy unique unhyped stufff!!!
    DHI is not discontinued!

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    DHI is not discontinued!
    the vintage formulation dhi is discontinued! so long they don't produce it anymore.
    the reformulated one must take his place, but the notes has changed. so if the scent smells the same to you, its still not the same juice. why you think people are lookin for the old ones? just for fun or what.? go train ur nose go

It isn't a club scent like 1 Million. Get over it or sell it.

Not a powerhouse but has medium to big projection and sillage. Just a couple of sprays do the trick. And yes, the 2007 version is discontinued. The new version is imo not as good as the old, but still a nice frag.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by reve d'or View Post
    the vintage formulation dhi is discontinued! so long they don't produce it anymore.
    the reformulated one must take his place, but the notes has changed. so if the scent smells the same to you, its still not the same juice. why you think people are lookin for the old ones? just for fun or what.? go train ur nose go
    Ok vintage may be gone, but a very fine DHI is currently available on the market. When you say it's discontinued, you can scare some people big time cause it implies that they don't make DHI anymore! I've smelled both, very similar, quite frankly I actually prefer the newer one in terms of smell (drydown especially), the opening of the original one I prefer a bit more but that's about it. As long as there is a DHI produced I'm good.

Not so much a powerhouse, as very sophisticated. The magic of this fragrance is how it constantly changes. It's very much alive.One minute you get a whiff of lavender ~ the next a whiff of iris, after, vanilla.....and so on. I love the way it does this !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I honesty don't even see the original formula as more "potent". More like a slightly different arrangement in notes.

To be honest, I think many including me wouldn't love it as much if it were more potent.
    If it was, it would get obnoxious fast.

I love the laid back vibe it has.

DHI doesn't really project like A*men or even Aventus, but projects just enough to want people to come in for a closer sniff.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

I had the same issue. The projection and scent itself were very weak, rather uninteresting.
    Fall/Winter Signature: Midnight in Paris EDP by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Spring/Summer Signature: Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    My Swap Thread