Code of Conduct

Default Advice for sensual, seductive fragrance

Hello fellow members,

Let me start with a little introduction who i am. I'm a 21 year old Dutchman, looking out for a new fragrance to buy! In the past i had a good experience with the following fragrances; L'eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake, Scotch and Soda's Barfly and Guerlain Homme.

Even though i liked these fragrances a lot, they were all overruled by the citrus-note, and this time i'm looking for a more woody fragrance.

It's kind of hard to describe, but i'm looking for a more sensual, seductive kind of fragrance. I go out a lot and love being a little flirty around women, so i'm looking for a fragrance that's some sort of teasing.

I believe i've smelled Terre d'Hermès or Eau d'Hermès once and it worked quite well on my skin aswell! But before i'm buying anything new. I'm wondering what your opinion is.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Advice for sensual, seductive fragrance

Give Terre d'Hermès a try.

Try to sample Back to Black by Kilian

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131245.html

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sensual seductive fragrances don't exist. Just a tactic used by consumerist magazines and PUA blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Sensual seductive fragrances don't exist. Just a tactic used by consumerist magazines and PUA blogs.
    Good quote!

Try Dior Homme Intense....You can thank me later

Basenotes Plus

I beg to differ, I think you can definitely have a scent that gives off sensual & seductive vibe. Now like how everyone loves to keep reiterate when even the slight hint of the topic comes up, there is no "pantydropper", but certain scents can definitely add to the vibe / mood / image that you're projecting. Scents by itself is not gonna get you anywhere, but matched right with personality /setting & mood it can certainly help add to the social interaction.

Anyhow enough with the rant lol, I'd say check out MDCI ambre topkapi, frapin 1270, Dior Homme Intense, and creed aventus. I think Clive Christian X for men fits in this category as well. Depends really on the specific type of seductive type you're going for. Maybe also check out Histories de Parfume's 1969 and 1725 Casanova
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Three potential candidates: Déclaration (Essence?) de Cartier, Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum!) and Terre d'Hermès by Hermès.

I agree. Wear the fragrance. Don't let the fragrance wear you. However, TdH is a very good fragrance that you should try.

Sensual seductive fragrances don't exist.
    Totally disagree with this. You don't think there is such a thing as a seductive fragrance? Of course your fragrance isn't going to do all the work for you, but I think wearing the right one can definitely stack the odds in your favor.

Op, I recommend you try Dior Homme.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Jivehippo: Maybe fragrance will do like 2% of the work, but she has to find you physically and emotionally attractive first. No exceptions to that. It's like wearing a nice tie or a good watch. It improves your presentation, but it won't increase sexual attraction.

Yes, there are cases where women say a fragrance on a man smells so sexy, but that's because she is deeply attracted to the man first.

Egoiste (not Platinum)
    Allure Homme (original)

Jivehippo: Maybe fragrance will do like 2% of the work, but she has to find you physically and emotionally attractive first. No exceptions to that. It's like wearing a nice tie or a good watch. It improves your presentation, but it won't increase sexual attraction.
    But doesn't the way one presents his or herself have a lot to do with sexual attraction?

People are very visual creatures. In the initial stages of attraction, emotionality/personality counts for almost nothing, since often times no words have been spoken.

Your scent plays a large part as well. Think about your food preferences, no matter how delicious something looks, if the aroma isn't appealing, you're not going to be interested in the food. The same thing applies to fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    Anyhow enough with the rant lol, I'd say check out MDCI ambre topkapi, frapin 1270, Dior Homme Intense, and creed aventus. I think Clive Christian X for men fits in this category as well. Depends really on the specific type of seductive type you're going for. Maybe also check out Histories de Parfume's 1969 and 1725 Casanova
    These kind of suggestions bug me. Did you even read the the opening post? This is a young 21 year old guy who isn't a 'fraghead'; just a regular consumer looking for advice, and you're recommending MDCI & Clive Christian??? lol.

Some realistic recomendations would be Dior Homme/Intense, Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris, Gucci pour homme II

Try Dior Homme Intense and Costume National Homme...

La Nuit de L'Homme

What is this now ? A sensual seductive fragrance thread and no mention of Aventus as of yet. Have the Aventus posse taken a late New Year break or something?. lol....
    To the young gent who posed the qst . Listen to the advice given here ok. As most of us have asked that same qst before. The answer is that there is no one magic potion out there ready to transform you into an instant sure hit in your romantic goals. Rather, think of your fragrance as something that must work for you first and foremost. When it does, you will exude natural confidence and feel comfortable with yourself. That is what works. The power of the scent to make you feel good.
    Think of it as going to a bakery and smelling a wonderful aroma at the door. Then you venture in and are greeted and welcomed by the owner. You will probably like to stay. If you went in and were greeted by a surly sad individual . Chances are you would not stay very long. So in effect, fragrance opens the door for you. But it does none of the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    These kind of suggestions bug me. Did you even read the the opening post? This is a young 21 year old guy who isn't a 'fraghead'; just a regular consumer looking for advice, and you're recommending MDCI & Clive Christian??? lol.

Some realistic recomendations would be Dior Homme/Intense, Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris, Gucci pour homme II
    Thank you.

Basenotes Plus

Dunno, I thought if i were in his shoes, when I was 21 i wished people would have told me what i suggested, instead of wasting money on things like polo blue, haha. And yes i did read his initial post, and it seems like he has pretty good taste judging that he got some stuff from scotch and soda (a brand that i wear regularly.). I figured that if he goes out to meet the ladies often and has several bottles, he may be able to stretch his budget to buy a really nice sexy & seductive smelling bottle, or even just getting some samples. I know as poor as i was in college i was able to scrounge up a few hundred by working more when i wanted to buy something nice for myself.

I'd say most of the scents i suggested are actually pretty safe scents that the mainstream public wouldn't have issues with, they smell good aren't too polarizing (I would have suggested things like M7 & Serge Lutens otherwise). In particular MDCI ambre topkapi is a very safe scent most can appreciate, and since he likes woods and citrus and needs something sensual and sexy i thought it totally fits the bill. (btw if you want to get MDCI, order samples directly from them @ http://parfumsmdci.free.fr/index.php...=en&page&id=82. you can get multiples of one type, and then the money you put in for the samples goes towards your final bottle should you want to purchase. much better deal for $/ml IMO. (you get 60ml's of juice for a little over $100). Clive christian X for men is expensive no doubt but @ $350 it is no more expensive than a bottle of aventus, and in my experience both of these are as close as you get to a "panty dropper", women seem to dig the smell a lot.

I did suggest DHI, but MiP & GPHII are pretty good suggestions though~ lol
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

CologneFan85

What r u smoking? lol I couldn't tell you how many good fragrances on a woman make me crazy...

Overcome By Fumes

A Men Pure Havane

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Try Dior Homme Intense and Costume National Homme...
    CNH is an odd suggestion for this scenario

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    What r u smoking? lol I couldn't tell you how many good fragrances on a woman make me crazy...
    The idea of a "magic potion" is one propagated by the fragrance industry. It is the man or woman who is appealing, and the scent only adds to the package.

That sticky is full of members who want that special scent that will make him a chick magnet. Just look at all those ads for Axe/Lynx that play off of this notion.

A jerk wearing, say, Tobacco Vanille, is just a jerk wearing Tobacco Vanille. He can be wearing Clive Christian, Xerjoff, JAR or Amouage and still any perceptive woman would steer clear of him. Just as a jerk in a bespoke suit is just that: a jerk in a bespoke suit. All the best tailoring in the world won't disguise he is a jerk. Ditto for his car, his jewellery, etc.

If a man is truly sensual--which comes from who he is inside--he can seduce without any fragrance at all. It's in his smile and gaze, his intellect, sophistication, worldliness and wit. I guess if you are after a shallow woman who is only turned on by a man's fragrance, then go for it!

Seduction begins in the mind and does not come out of a bottle.

I would venture some pleasant and elegant scents are Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir, Habit Rouge EDP or parfum, Mouchoir de Monsieur or Caron's Narcisse Noir.

Terre d'Hermes in the parfum is the best.
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th January 2013 at 11:03 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

While I love DHI and Back to Black...to me, I FEEL "sexy and seductive" when I wear them...they receive very little attention from the ladies when I wear them. My wife likes to sit in a room with me when I wear BtB, but not be close.

The two frags that have worked well for me:
    1) Tom Ford for Men Extreme = By far, the frag that has scored me the most comments. I was told once while wearing it that I "smell like a Man, with a capital M."
    2) Noir de Noir = I put this on, my wife can't stay away from me. I like it well enough, but she L-O-V-E-S it. It's a rose-scented frag, but it has some deep notes to it that keep my interest...but like I said, it's a hit with my wife.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by whitelight View Post
    Try to sample Back to Black by Kilian

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131245.html
    This one is very good but do not overspray it. I got sick from the smell after having it consistantly entering my nostrils for 8 hours...

For sheer guts, try Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade.

Immortelle/everlasting flower (elemi) gives a tobacco vibe and the leather is smooth and deep. The top notes have a mild boozy feel.

Notes: bergamot and davana sensualis; patchouli coriander and cardamom; cedar, elemi, leather and labdanum.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight in Paris
    La Nuit de L'homme
    Opium Pour Homme parfum
    Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    What is this now ? A sensual seductive fragrance thread and no mention of Aventus as of yet. Have the Aventus posse taken a late New Year break or something?. lol....
    See post #7.

Costume National - Scent Intense

You won't smell remotely close to anyone that any girl has ever smelled before. Distinct and alluring. Works like a charm.

Caron's Parfum Sacre.

This is a fabulous incense that is warm and spicy: black pepper, rose, chocolate wood, myrrh, spice, florals, vanilla and musk.

Creed Ambre Cannelle, Chanel Egoïste (not Platinum), Amouage Interlude, Gucci Pour Homme I and Envy.

Declaration, molecule 01, hinoki
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

First of all, thanks for all the replies!

It's interesting to see that some people believe or do not believe a fragrance can be sensual/seductive. Interesting discussion.

I've seen a lot of Dior Homme and Gucci fragrances coming by, and the funny thing is, yesterday i went out to buy the new fragrance and i ended up with Gucci by Gucci.

Runner up's were YSL pour Homme, Dior Homme and Terre d'Hermès.

Main reason for my choice is that Gucci by Gucci lasts so long on my skin, while Dior Homme and Terre d'Hermès we're gone in about 3/4 hours. I love the YSL pour Homme aswell, but the endnotes seem a little bit soapy, but i'd definitely buy it when my current bottle of Gucci by Gucci is empty.

As i've mentioned in my first post, it was kind of hard to explain what i meant with seductive and sensual. And i agree that the fragrance industry propagates the 'magic potion', but i also believe that a good fragrance will positively trigger one's senses.

I've written down all the suggestions you made. I'm not the 'fraghead' yet, as Sol Invictus said, but i'm absolutely valuing fragrances more and more and this thread is a nice opener to see what's out there.

Thanks again!

Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme
    Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme extreme
    Christian Dior - Dior homme
    Christian Dior - Dior homme intense
    Gucci - Envy
    Chanel - Egoiste
    Calvin Klein - Obsession
    Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade
    Histoires de Parfums Amber 114
    Divine - L'Homme sage
    Lorenzo Villoresi - Musk
    Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur
    Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    Montale - Black Aoud
    and many others, it all depends on your taste I think

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Try Dior Homme Intense....You can thank me later
    This is exactly what i came in to type. Its the epitome in my opinion. Dior Homme as well, but the Intense version is just that much more "come and get me".

Someone mentioned Egoiste....I don't know about that one. I think i would have ran from it at age 21.

You're right about that, Aphexacid, Egoiste didn't do well on me.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Good quote!
    I'd also agree with this.

What is seductive per se is you yourself and what you'll use as a fragrance is also a matter of your own taste and style. For instance for me Cool Water works great. I know, I know it's hillarious, but in my case the thing is serious. The scent blends so well with my skin chemistry, attitude and style that it's just puzzling. M7, Body Kouros, Envy for Men etc. never impressed women when I was wearing those frags. In fact, it's not the frag that should impress anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    In fact, it's not the frag that should impress anyway.
    I totally agree on you with this. However, as you said; it's a matter of your taste, style, and your skin chemistry, and in that way, Gucci by Gucci works really well for me! It has the more woody notes i was looking for instead of the ruling citrus-note i had in previews fragrances, it works well on my skin, and i think it quite matches my personality.

In that way i believe the fragrance can really play a big part in the way of being attractive to women.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not craving for a fragrance that'll attract women, neither do i believe that a fragrance can make you more attractive, but where i was looking for, was a fragrance that could be an addition to the seducing part to stimulate another sense.

I think fragrances can work quite psychological, as example; whenever i smell the same fragrance as my ex girlfriend wore >4 years ago, it still reminds me of her. (in a neutral, non melancholic way ofcourse ;-) )

John Varvatos
    D&G The One
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

I think that while a fragrance will not in and of itself create attraction (nor negate aversion, in the case of the jerk wearing Tobacco Vanille), it definitely can help. I, for one, am very sensitive to smells and can very much feel my mood or my feelings about someone shift in one way or another depending on what they're wearing. Likewise, when I wear something that makes ME feel confident, sexy, flirty, I know that I give off an energy that people around me respond to in a positive way.

A couple of thoughts for the OP based on recent experiences...

Aventus -- Recently bought it for my husband. I adore my husband and am generally attracted to him, but when he wears the Aventus I find myself wanting to jump him on the spot. ("Kids, go ahead and finish your dinner. Dad and I need to talk in our room for a few minutes." Kidding. Sort of.) He was previously wearing Egoiste Platinum, which smells great on him but does not have the same effect.

Tom Ford Noir -- A work friend was wearing this last week. I had to fight off the urge to nibble his neck every time I walked by. Which is not my usual state of being in that situation.

Also, the guys I know go a little nuts when I wear Sycomore. Another work friend was interested in trying it for himself, so I made him a little decant. He's since changed jobs and he reports that his mostly female new coworkers have a similar reaction to Sycomore. It's not one that frequently comes up in the sexy fragrance discussions, but it's gotten me more compliments and flirtation that any scent I've ever worn.
    Last edited by FooDog; 12th January 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FooDog View Post
    I think that while a fragrance will not in and of itself create attraction (nor negate aversion, in the case of the jerk wearing Tobacco Vanille), it definitely can help. I, for one, am very sensitive to smells and can very much feel my mood or my feelings about someone shift in one way or another depending on what they're wearing. Likewise, when I wear something that makes ME feel confident, sexy, flirty, I know that I give off an energy that people around me respond to in a positive way.
    When a man is clean, bathed and well groomed, it is attractive for social interaction. Just try standing in line at a grocery store next to someone who has not bathed! LOL!

It really matters little what scent a man wears (as most women and men are not frag heads) as long as the scent is not too powerful and overwhelming.

If on the prowl, men should try not to wear anything that make a statement one way or another. Just a pleasant scent, albeit some of these scents might be boring.

It is true that some scents are aromatherapeutic, but most grooming fragrances don't fall into this category. It is safe to say lavender is soothing.

On the whole, a man should wear what HE likes, be it Kouros or MKK if he wants.

Terre de Hemes EDP - Sniff as much designer frags as possible before venturing into the niche / Dark side! Lol

Basenotes Plus

I believe fragrance seduction is not so much of what you wear but how you wear it. It has to project at just the right volume that the woman you're interested in catches the occasional teasing whiff when you move, but on leaning closer she gets a glimpse of its deeper more interesting facets. Interesting enough to draw her in even closer (hopefully into your arms), to snuggle up and get a good sniff....

That's when she finally took off in a hurry, to leave you cursing the day you bought........

..... A*Men.

I can see why you went with Gucci by Gucci Clearance. It doesn't get much respect here but I think it's a pretty good frag. It's dark, a bit smoky, and much more masculine than a lot of the stuff out there.

If you're ever interested in something that smells quite similar, but is lighter and more sheer - more suited to summer days and warm summer nights - check out Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren. To me, it smells exactly what I would imagine "Gucci by Gucci PH Summer" would smell like, if it were to exist.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

If you go clubbing then you should try spice bomb as it attracts attention no matter how much people rant against it, the second option for a close quarter encounter is dior homme intense its feminine vibe with the right personality can do wonders but keep it for dates and other gatherings nothing with too much physical activity (doesnt include going down on you know what, actually helps with leaving a mark on the memory of that someone ), Terre d'Hermes is a good fragrance but I'm not a big fan of that initial citrus burst, it gets good with the vetiver kicking in after a while, if you can get your hands on the original M7 as I did yesterday, you should feel at ease, its nice and sensual with that middle eastern vibe, and if all else fails try some musk oils if you can find any

Imo TdH is not sensual or seductive at all.

I am surprised that there has been no mention of Rochas Man, if you want sensual and seductive that's what you should go for.

In its price category and market segment, Burberry London for Men would be hard to match: yes, sensual, maybe even seductive beyond any doubt, since it has a both comforting and alluring vibe to it, but also, it manages to smell at the same time modern, elegant and mature, without becoming too formal, elitist or conservative either.

Also, Versace Dreamer, though different, would fall into a comparable category. Quite affordable yet high quality, liked by younger and more mature peer groups alike, sensual and gourmand, yet also with touch of classy masculinity due to the tobacco drydown (also present in Burberry London).

As far as seduction, I believe fragrance has a multiplier effect. If you have zero game, the best fragrance in the world won't do anything (0*X = 0). The more seductive you are, the more influence your fragrances has (women are more sensitive to smells and if you are really charming the more ancillary things like scent will play into her memories). That said, I agree that the multiplier is still pretty small if you were to attempt to quantify it in any real way. Test out fragrances you like and look at some of the suggestions but just don't panic if the ones you like aren't considered "sensual" by the fragrance community.

For seductive try Black Orchid and TF Tobacco Vanilla (more expensive though unless you buy a decant), these two are on the unique side but not too unique.