Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best Bond no9 for men?

Which of the Bond no9 scents do you think is the best? (for men)

Default Re: Best Bond no9 for men?

My money would go on a bottle of Riverside Drive, great frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    My money would go on a bottle of Riverside Drive, great frag.
    +1
    or Bleecker Street!

Sur la Plage

New Haarlem is the best Bond.

Others to consider:

Silver Factory
    Great Jones
    H.O.T. Always
    Last edited by petruccijc; 21st July 2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Andy Warhol Silver Factory.
    Bleecker Street.

+1 for New Haarlem - the only Bond I've found which I really love...!

Riverside Drive

New Haarlem
    Silver Factory
    Bleecker Street
    Riverside Drive

I'd put Nouveau Bowery and Fire Island up there but they're more unisex
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Basenotes Institution

Silver Factory

1. Central Park
    2. Bleeker Street
    3. Chez Bond
    4. Riverside Drive
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Being the Big Bond Fan that I am this is a very difficult question.....Riverside Drive, Chez Bond and Wall Street are very good in my opinion.....My Wife really Loves when I wear Central Park.....I must also add that Bleecker Street is very nice also!!! I myself also like Eau de New York and the Signature Perfume.....I sampled Coney Island at Saks the other day and fell in love.....As I stated.....I am a huge Bond Fan!!!
    Gary

In order of the more masculine favorites:

Chez Bond
    New Haarlem
    Riverside Drive
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Great Jones

New Haarlem

Bleeker ST
    Gramacy Park
    So NY
    Wall Street
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Riverside Drive

Silver Factory. It's one of the only Bond no. 9 fragrances that is worth the price, IMO. Quality of materials, blending, longevity, uniqueness... It's all there. It's also one of my favorite incense fragrances. I actually like it more than Jubilation and Avignon - it never gets too musky or musty, and it smells modern and sexy. To me, Silver Factory smells like earthy patchouli, frankincense and sandalwood with a vanilla and leather base. The most interesting part is the metallic accord running through it all.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    In order of the more masculine favorites:
    Chez Bond
    New Haarlem
    Riverside Drive
    +1 to this, though I'm not overly impressed with Chez, I think there are good substitutions for much less and it's nothing really new. The other two are very good.
    I still think Riverside smells similar to Joop! Homme (pineapple and herbs).
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Saks Fifth for him has an awesome incense drydown, and it never fails to get me compliments.

With all do respect to other Bonds already mentioned (and the mentioning members), I am surprised no one has given a shout out to Saks for him or Brooklyn. Are they not well-received, or maybe they aren't sampled too often? I like some of the others mentioned, just surprised Brooklyn and Saks haven't been mentioned at all. I have most of them and feel these are more of the better Masc ones in the Bond lineup.

Edit: My boy ADB from the Left Coast was touting Saks as I wrote this.......

Saks for Him - my only nitpick is that it turns sour on me as it starts to fade
    Riverside Drive - a favorite, but mainly for summer
    Bleecker St - smells a bit feminine to me for the first half hour, but gets much better
    Brooklyn - I agree with Brrry in that it's an excellent masculine Bond, but longevity is an issue for me.

New Haarlem is the only one I'd consider buying....

Wall Street is pretty good.
    H.O.T. Always is interesting

The rest are 'meh'

Personally, I don't understand the love for New Haarlem. There are much better interpretations of the theme out there, many are much much cheaper.

Definitely Riverside Drive.

I also really like Hamptons but I just wish it had more oomph to it.

Great Jones is also very good.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Personally, I don't understand the love for New Haarlem. There are much better interpretations of the theme out there, many are much much cheaper.
    It's that silly personal preference thing.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    It's that silly personal preference thing.
    my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    New Haarlem is the best Bond.

Others to consider:

Silver Factory
    Great Jones
    H.O.T. Always
    +1 on New Haarlem

H.O.T. Always is the best Bond!!!!!!

Riverside Drive
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

New Haarlem.

Bleecker Street all the way, hands down!

CHEZ BOND - Green, Fresh, yet Sweet
    New Haarlem - love this scent for winter, smells like fresh gourmet ground coffee with a hint or vanilla

Chez Bond. Its a sweeter more floral GIT, but the underlying structure is as solid.
    -

I would go Chez Bond then Bleeker Street.

That being said, I don't love them so much I would consider paying those prices for it.

I will have to try Riverside Drive though, after all the good feedback here....

I think that covers just about all the Bond's so you are confused. I was at a Saks the other day and liked many of the ones listed here. Coney Island is a nice scent and I sprayed it on me for the day. While I was there a super hot chick, mid 20's, blonde, stopped to get a scent for her BF and the scent she loved............Fire Island. Although she did say she liked it for herself too. Her fave for herself was a pink bottle, Bryant Park maybe??

Chez Bond and Bleecker Street are really good, but New Haarlem is fantastic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    I think that covers just about all the Bond's so you are confused. I was at a Saks the other day and liked many of the ones listed here. Coney Island is a nice scent and I sprayed it on me for the day. While I was there a super hot chick, mid 20's, blonde, stopped to get a scent for her BF and the scent she loved............Fire Island. Although she did say she liked it for herself too. Her fave for herself was a pink bottle, Bryant Park maybe??

No offence intended but some ramdom hot blonde liking Fire Island doesn't automatically make it worthy. Would you even have mentioned the scent if some frumpy, ugly 20 stone woman had expressed a liking for it while you were there? Her opinion would be no less valid.

I cant believe no mentions of Harrods for Him.

The five I own (favorites on top) are:
    Silver Factory (Cold weather)
    Riverside Dr (Warm weather)
    Harrods (Warm weather)
    Saks for Him (anytime)
    Brooklyn (anytime)

I have yet to try H.O.T. Always or New Haarlem, so I can't say which is the best. The one that I like the most so far is "Bleecker St."
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

Blog Entries

I vote Wall Street.

Best Bond no. 9 for Men are:

1. Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York (Most Complemented by Women out of all my Frags)
    2. New Haarlem
    3. Silver Factory

Looks like new harleem is the best, but i dont know the fragrance.

Broadway Nite is quite nice, except for the opening, too much powdery. Dry down is amazing, and it last for hours and hours.

Yeah New Haarlem is really nice! Reminds me of French Toast with creamy caramel, chocolate, and maple syrup drizzled on it, and a little bit of Mocha powder on top. Not too overpowering, very pleasant. If you ever smelled Rochas Man, they are very similar at a quick glance, they are made by the same person I believe. Rochas man scent is kind of flat/one dimensional, New Haarlem scent comes at you from a few different angles.
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 3rd February 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Dark Caesar, you are correct. Maurice Roucel created Rochas Man & New Haarlem, for different companies who had different briefs, of course. You can tell though that like many artists, there are certain themes he experimented with. Mr. Roucel was also the perfumer for Riverside Square, Broadway Nite and New Haarlem, all in 2003 for Bond No 9.

For men, I enjoy Silver Factory, Success, Wall Street, HOT Always, Harrods for Him & New Haarlem (as long as NH is over applied).
    Last edited by RHM; 3rd February 2011 at 10:57 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Silver Factory
    HOT Always
    Cooper Square

For me, never been excited by anything other than Fire Island. Everything else (for the most part) has good designer counterparts.

Having sample them ALL, I came to the conclusion that these are the ones I can wear:

1. Brooklyn
    2. New Haarlem
    3. Fire Island
    4. Chez Bond

I know some people love Silver Factory but I didn't think it smelled very good. That goes for most of the rest. Cooper Square was okay.

New Haarlem, while certainly one of the most unique/interesting gourmand ever, is also an atomic weapon. It's like I can't hold the bottle far enough away from me when I spray it lol.

New Haarlem by a LANDSLIDE!!!!

Without a doubt, by miles and miles, it is Bond Swarovski Ltd. Edition. Not only is it the best Bond frag, it's one of the best niche frags around.

Some other notable bond Masculines are:

H.O.T Always
    Harrods for Him
    West Side (fun lime + incense combo)
    Brooklyn
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

My favorite is Bleecker Street with New Harlem a close second

Does Bond no.9 have some spicy/oriental/woody fragrances (besides New Haarlem) in the same "family" as Frapin Caravelle Epicee, Hermes Bel Ami, Michael Kors for men, Divine L`homme Sage etc? I own New Haarlem, and I think it`s absolute fantastic!

None of the Bonds really stuck out at me other than Fire Island - which is fantastic IMO!
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 10th March 2011 at 02:23 PM.

How do you define best? If you're looking at purchasing one how/when do you plan to wear it? "Best" is to broad to me.

with the warmer weather coming up, i can't wait to wear central park

eric b

I had read that Riverside Drive was the most popular scent (from the bond house) for men. so when i saw a 3.3 oz. tester on fragrancenet for $65, I had to jump on it and blind buy. i was very disappointed when i received it. i was expecting something mind blowing and unique in both quality and smell but didn't get neither. i thought i was going to get a $200 fragrance for $65 but all i got was a $65 fragrance. definitely NOT worth the retail price tag.

i have tried a few. Andy Warhol Success is a Job in NY, and New Haarlem are my favorites. Would like to sample Riverside drive, and also give Brooklyn another try since spring and summer is approaching.

I recently sampled Bleecker Street and it reminded me of a Hot Humid Grassy Swamp with lily pads. LOL

Do you think Silver factory lean more to the masculine, or the feminine side of the scale? Or is it totaly unisex?

I own HOT Always, Brooklyn and Eau de New York. Of these 3, easily the best for men is Eau De New York.. check my review if you wish to know why.. I have not smelled a Bond No.9 I dislike, though. Having tried Wall Street, Hamptons, Scent of Peace, Riverside Drive, Nuts de Noho, Silver Factory, and Harrod's for Men.. my fav for men is easily Eau De NY.. I love it for a lot of reasons, but what I love most about it is how it morphs into something completely different than within the first minute. It changes into a masculine, dressy, soapy fragrance and lasts days.. well it lasts 15 hours for me.. one spray. That's not an exaggeration. I don't get the bashing of this company.. their frags to me are amazing. FYI HOT Always is amazing too, a masterpiece, but you can't wear that daily.. it's too dressy. My vote easily goes to Eau de NY.. it's masculine without being offensive. Women COULD wear it too.. and since many don't, the women love it. I receive a ton of compliments on it.

Riverside Dr. by a country mile!!!! It is the most unique men's fragrance in the line-up.....the rest can trace their roots to others.....