Code of Conduct

Default LDDM, Jub XXV, Musc Ravageur

Are these easy to wear for a 23 year old?

Which ones have you found likeable by others around you? I have a modest collection including black aoud which I really like but my partner dislikes it to say the least, so I dont really want another that is moe or less hit or miss (for the price.)

Cheers.

Default Re: LDDM, Jub XXV, Musc Ravageur

Musc Ravageur is the only one that I have and I found it easy enough to wear (I'm late 20s). So far the reactions of those around me have been mixed but none have actually disliked it outright.

I've only worn Jubilation and MR. Unfortunately, I found them both polarizing, with some liking them and some hating them, MR especially (I don't think, in hindsight, that anyone really hated Jubilation, they just didn't care for it as much as others).

I ended up selling my bottle of MR. I just couldn't justify keeping it when the occasions on which it seemed "right" were so limited.

Jubilation is still on my may-buy-a-bottle list.

Why don't you just get some samples from TPC or Lucky Scent and see what your partner thinks? Seems pretty simple to me.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Barclay I will be sampling these before I buy them, I just wanted to ask what people's opinion was for my situation.

Both are nice but MR has a rough beginning. After it calms down, you have a hec of a scent.

I'm working my way through a sample of Jubilation XXV and I own L'Air du Desert Marocain. I'm in my late 30s though. I wouldn't recommend Jubilation as anything more than a try. It's excellent, but it isn't the easiest thing to wear and it hasn't been a big hit for me. I've gotten much better feedback from Amouage's Epic Man than JXXV.

L'ADDM, on the other hand, has been a huuuuuuuuuuuge compliment getter for me from dates. I adore this one. It's a complex dusty scent that dries down into "let's stay in tonight" amber. I don't know if I could have worn this in my early 20s though, and I can't imagine what women I dated back then would have thought of it. But I love it and I get excellent feedback when wearing it.

I haven't smelled Musc Ravageur yet, but every time I sample a scent with a prominent clove note, I'm told it smells old-man-ish.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 15th February 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Absolutely IMO.

I love LDDM and Jubilation, but wouldn't recommend them for a 23 year old (unless you tried them first).

LDDM will get the most compliments of the 3.
    Jubilation XXV is the most complex and opulent of the 3.
    Musc Ravageur if you want to smell like urine.

LDDM is the one I really think I would enjoy most. I really enjoy spicy/woody fragrances. Individuel, Epic man seems interesting like most of the amouage line so might consider giving that a try!

None of the 3 is nowhere near as challenging as the Montales. So unless your partner has a specific dislike, they should be ok.

Musc Ravageur is dirty up top, but then it becomes very spicy and smooth. Hedonist correctly pointed out that it ends up being very close to the cheaper, but now discontinued, Helmut Lang EDP. LDDM is perhaps the most striking, while I'd say JubXXV, given its radiance and clean incense, may be the easiest to get compliments about.

cacio

I find all three to be very wearable. I wore Jubilation and LADDM when I was 19 and I am still wearing Musc Ravageur now, when I am 20. No problems. They are actually very pleasant and the people you will come in contact with will most definitely give you some compliments.

Thanks cacio, I don't really mind too much what would be the best compliment getter (as I wear what I like) more along the lines of which would least likely be unpleasant!

JXXV and MR are among the best fragrances available. LDDM is also good, though I personally have some balance issues with it. I wouldn't consider any of them truly versatile though, so it depends on what exactly it is that you are looking for. If you're simply looking for easy to wear and generally well liked fragrances I think there are probably more appropriate options. If you're looking for something to satisfy your desire for a complex, high quality fragrance, any one of these three would be a great choice, no matter your age.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    If you're simply looking for easy to wear and generally well liked fragrances I think there are probably more appropriate options. If you're looking for something to satisfy your desire for a complex, high quality fragrance, any one of these three would be a great choice, no matter your age.
    I agree with this statement. None of the three may be that good for everyday wear, but they are all absolutely terrific fragrances. If push came to shove, I suspect Jub would be the most versatile, but as someone who has big decants of them all, I suspect that LDDM is the one I'd grab first if the house was on fire.

Thanks for all your input guys.

I think I am leaning towards LDDM & Jub XXV!

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Both are nice but MR has a rough beginning. After it calms down, you have a hec of a scent.
    Very true, and I think the same of LDDM to a lesser degree (harsher begining, not quite as high an end result)

As others have said, I would suggest trying them first. Personally, I think a 23 yr old could wear any of them, yet none of them to me are universally lovable, with MR being the best candidate. In my experience, they are more liked by fragrance enthusiasts than the average person. OF the 3, only MR has ever garnered me a compliment, although in fairness I only sampled Jub XXV a couple times (MR I own and love, LDDM I did own/probably wouldn't rebuy).

Just an aside as you didn't specify when you said partner:
    - if female, I think MR would be a bigger hit,
    - if male,LDDM.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

They're all very nice and very different.

Whether they're easy to wear depends on you and apparently your partner.

Black Aoud is very different from a note/genre perspective from the three you mention but similar in the instance of strength. They're all as strong (maybe lAdDM even stronger) from that angle.

for swap/sale: