Code of Conduct

Default Philosykos vs Aqua Allegoria Figue Iris notes please

My sister's all time favourite scent is Aqua Allegoria Figue Iris and she was devastated when it was discontinued. She also likes Miss Dior (original) and I've previously bought her Chanel No 19 and Miss Balmain, both of which she's liked too.

When she was looking for a replacement for her Figue Iris she tried lots of other perfumes in the attempt to find out which bit it was of the scent that she really loved, and she thinks that it's the fig notes.

So, I'm trying to find her something else that replicates the fig notes and which is currently in production (as well as picking her up the occasional bottle of Figue Iris on Ebay etc) and one of the most obvious fig fragrances is Philosykos, so can anybody offer me an opinion on the similarities and differences between Figue Iris and Philosykos please?

If there's sufficient similarity that she may like then I'll try to obtain a decant or sample for her to try, but that's not easy or cheap in the UK and I can't afford to buy her a bottle as a blind buy in case it's really not to her taste.

Thank you

Blog Entries

Default Re: Philosykos vs Aqua Allegoria Figue Iris notes please

Philosykos has a cool sort of note, and a cedar base; I prefer the other fig perfume created by the same perfumer, Olivia Giacobetti: L'Artisan Premier Figuier, which is dry, smooth, with a sandalwood base. A bit of coconut milk there, too, but not sweet. As she likes the iris note, I'm thinking she may also prefer the dry quality of Premier Figuier. (Disclaimer: I personally did not like Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris.)

A brighter fig is AdP Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi, which has a bright citrus opener. Everyone around me seems to like this one.

Unfortunately sampling is the only way to be sure.

I don't know the Guerlain fragrance. But elsewhere I read something about the resemblance of AA Figue Iris and Micallef's „Sous le Figuier”. That's maybe worth a try, too.

Another fig scent that came into my mind that is light, fruity and fresh is „Flagrant Délice” by Terry de Gunzburg.
    Last edited by Graphite; 16th March 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Un Jardin en Méditerrannée by Hermès is another very nice fig fragrance.

Thank you for your suggestions. I may struggle to get some of those samples, but there's a stockist for a number of them only an hour or so from her house and it's a starting point for finding my big sis a new signature fragrance

For samples in the UK there's lessenteurs.com - however I don't think they stock any of the brands you mention. Elsewhere in the EU there's "Nose" in France - you can order samples (generous ones too) though their website. Check out http://nose.fr/en/brands/fragrances I've not ordered from them so I can't comment on them from experience, but they stock a great range, many of which aren't covered by lessenteurs - eg. Diptyque, L'Artisan Parfumeur etc. Not sure of shipping costs to the UK - you'd prob have to buy a number of samples to make it worthwhile, but hey, what's the problem with that

Definitely checkout the stockist too, it's definitely worth the trip. Hope you succeed in your quest, I'm sure you will, and discover lots of wonderful fragrances too!

Banned

Hello sfmedusa,

Let me tell you my first impression smelling that guerlain! It was made of the insolence edp! Base! They just added a little bit green in the start

Philosykos is different, its green fig, its not that powdery....nor that sweet, but pleasant light green, airy.....

Insolence edp might be too strong for her, but can try:-)

Another violet iris scent is Tuberose 1 from histories de parfums......no worries no tuberose there
    Last edited by iivanita; 17th March 2013 at 07:48 PM.

Another great fig scent is Molinard - Fleurs de Figuier. Lighter and fresher than Philosykos or Premier Figuier.

Un Jardin en mediterranee is exactly like a fig, not a green fig (like in philosykos) but a sweet fig. It is just the smell that you feel when you eat a fig. It is very realistic and natural, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    Un Jardin en mediterranee is exactly like a fig, not a green fig (like in philosykos) but a sweet fig. It is just the smell that you feel when you eat a fig. It is very realistic and natural, IMO.
    Funny how perceptions of scents differ... To me Un Jardin en Mediterranee smells nothing like the ripe fruit. It smells of the leaves and bark of the tree - reminding me of my walks in Greece passing a huge, old fig tree.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Funny how perceptions of scents differ... To me Un Jardin en Mediterranee smells nothing like the ripe fruit. It smells of the leaves and bark of the tree - reminding me of my walks in Greece passing a huge, old fig tree.
    Yes this is my experience with UJeM also. I highly recommend it as a replacement for that Guerlain. Which BTW, I do not like at all. There are so many better fig scents on the market, in my opinion.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle