Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays for Gucci Pour Homme II?

I did my typical three spray regimen today, and longevity wasn't very good. I can barely smell it if I sniff my wrists.

It was great while it lasted

Default Re: How many sprays for Gucci Pour Homme II?

I go 3 or 4 usually.
    Looking to Swap: Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations: I have a brand new unopened bottle. If you're interested, send me a message.

Looking for: Amyris Homme: If you want it off your hands, send me a message. I'd prefer to swap for it.

I do 6 sprays on Gucci Pour Homme II including a walkthough to get some on the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I do 6 sprays on Gucci Pour Homme II including a walkthough to get some on the shirt.
    'notsosilentrich'.
    Looking to Swap: Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations: I have a brand new unopened bottle. If you're interested, send me a message.

Looking for: Amyris Homme: If you want it off your hands, send me a message. I'd prefer to swap for it.

Basenotes Plus

Yes, I did 6 sprays too.
    1 on each side of the neck,1 on each wrist, and 2 directly on the shirt... never done the walk through spritz but probably need to try it some time. LOL

5 Sprays is good for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

depends. if you are just walking out of the house 2 sprays. and then reapply with an atomizer a few hours later.

but ideally with a fragrance with low projection and longevity, just apply like 4 or 5 sprays, but wait an hour before leaving the house.

5. Chest, each side of neck, inside of both arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    'notsosilentrich'.
    Lol...yeah, I know, but I have to come with the thunder on this one.

I have a decanted sample. I do one close to the base of the neck, and maybe one more on the chest. I smell this on me nearly all day

I wonder if I got "spoiled" by wearing Bogart PH yesterday. That's a longevity beast.

Three sprays

2-3 sprays lasts 8 hrs for me

Lol...yeah, I know, but I have to come with the thunder on this one.
    I still remember a couple years ago, when I first started out, I couldn't really smell frags on myself after a half hour or so, so I always thought they had terrible projection and longevity or there was something wrong with my skin. Anyway, I had a meeting with a group of about 6 people at 8 in the morning. I had read all this stuff here on base notes and fragrantica about how weak it was, and keep in mind I didn't know anything about frags at this point (how long they should last, olfactory fatigue, over-spraying and inducing olfactory fatigue--which is what I had been doing for months). So after I get dressed and before I head out to this meeting, I must have applied something like 12 to 15 sprays of the stuff all over myself. I mean, I could never smell anything after half an hour, so I figured nobody else could either. Well, let me tell you...I've never seen a room clear out so fast at the announcement of an "intermission" (which I don't think was planned). It's like one minute I was surrounded by people and the next I was sitting completely alone at the table and the only thing moving in the room was the door, still swinging after their rapid departure. It dawned on me in that moment, that I had probably put on too much cologne.

This story is not meant in any kind of way to imply that you're overspraying--not at all. But your 'bring the thunder' comment on the topic of Gucci Pour Homme 2, totally reminded me of the time I brought the thunder, lightning, snow and earthquakes with the very same fragrance.

I still remember a couple years ago, when I first started out, I couldn't really smell frags on myself after a half hour or so, so I always thought they had terrible projection and longevity or there was something wrong with my skin. Anyway, I had a meeting with a group of about 6 people at 8 in the morning. I had read all this stuff here on base notes and fragrantica about how weak it was, and keep in mind I didn't know anything about frags at this point (how long they should last, olfactory fatigue, over-spraying and inducing olfactory fatigue--which is what I had been doing for months). So after I get dressed and before I head out to this meeting, I must have applied something like 12 to 15 sprays of the stuff all over myself. I mean, I could never smell anything after half an hour, so I figured nobody else could either. Well, let me tell you...I've never seen a room clear out so fast at the announcement of an "intermission" (which I don't think was planned). It's like one minute I was surrounded by people and the next I was sitting completely alone at the table and the only thing moving in the room was the door, still swinging after their rapid departure. It dawned on me in that moment, that I had probably put on too much cologne.

This story is not meant in any kind of way to imply that you're overspraying--not at all. But your 'bring the thunder' comment on the topic of Gucci Pour Homme 2, totally reminded me of the time I brought the thunder, lightning, snow and earthquakes with the very same fragrance.
    Thanks for sharing! That's a funny story!

Usually 3, maybe 4 if I'm going to be outdoors. This is one wear spraying a little on the clothes helps give this one better legs. Beautiful & versatile fragrance!

Funny story and I'll forgo the walkthrough spray. I read another thread about GPHII and asian women going nuts over the smell of the tea. It was a long time ago, but from what I remember the guy got mobbed by all these asian women and he barely made it out with his clothes on. I guess the morale of the story is respect the blue juice because if you don't crazy things follow.

I would be careful.. This one can become cloying if overapplied. 3 sprays should be more than enough.

5-6 sprays of GPH2 for me
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

3-4 sprays for me and I get comments. No lack of projection/longevity for me.

As with most of my fragrances I go light - 2, max 3 sprays.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I feel that these bottles don't release as much juice as most other frags in a single spray, so I usually go 4 or 5.

As many as you personally need.

...0; I don't like it...!

Works better in the heat imo. Heat activates its projection better, although the scent itself is clearly suitable (smell wise) for Fall. So it's a tricky one. I had a 10 ml decant, and I wore it in Fall, and got crap for longevity and projection. Then I wore it in the Spring and a little in the Summer, and it got the job done.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)