Code of Conduct

Default Is Dolce and Gabbana BY woman still hard to find?

And is anyone looking for it? I swear I saw them going pretty high on ebay and that not many of the online stores had it but I just found a bunch in the Perfumania at the mall here. They have the 1.7 and 3.2. I picked up one of each and they have plenty more.

Default Dolce&Gabbana BY for women

Anybody tried? It can be found on Ebay at astronomical prices. Is it worth? Or is it only propaganda because of discontinuation?

Default Re: Dolce&Gabbana BY for women

Or is it only propaganda because of discontinuation?
    This. I don't understand the love for By, the feminine or the masculine. I didn't find them that impressive.
    But as soon as some scents are discontinued, they are suddenly appreciated by people. A recent example is Fendi Palazzo.

I think both By Women and Men are nice but they probably don't warrant the prices seen on ebay.

I like Woman because it reminds me of the era of supermodel.

Don't think it's worth it. It is a nice scent but I never found it very interesting or complex. Fabulous bottle though :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    Anybody tried? It can be found on Ebay at astronomical prices. Is it worth? Or is it only propaganda because of discontinuation?
    I own and love this (used to be a signature scent 10 years ago) and still own a bottle. It is a 'pastel oriental', very lactonic, I love the soft coffee note in the drydown. I tend to reach for this in summer as the dry down on my skin is VERY reminiscent of Serge Lutens Chergui EDP. Serge Lutens Chergui can be a bit dense / smothering in summer heat and this wears like the EDT. I decant and dab otherwise can asphyxiate myself and others. NOT worth the extortionate prices on ebay. Get a good dupe... or just buy Chergui instead.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    I tend to reach for this in summer as the dry down on my skin is VERY reminiscent of Serge Lutens Chergui EDP. Serge Lutens Chergui can be a bit dense / smothering in summer heat and this wears like the EDT. I decant and dab otherwise can asphyxiate myself and others. NOT worth the extortionate prices on ebay. Get a good dupe... or just buy Chergui instead.

I wish this was similar to Chergui on me
    in any way at all. I LOVE Chergui !!
    But on me it was just awful!
    Smells nice on my sister though.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Unhappy by dolce & gabbana woman

does anybody know if any of the new d&g perfume range smell like this one or any other brands?Just bought a really over priced bottle off ebay as this is my favorite and I know sooner or later it will be totally gone

Default Re: by dolce & gabbana woman

Please anyone can help?

Describe how it smells and maybe I can suggest something. I personally LOVE D&G Light Blue!

It is quite unique. There are some perfumes that have similarities with it in some phases of their development. For example, I find that Idole d Armani has similarities with By, but only in dry down. Unforgivable woman -Sean John also reminded me in some phase on By. Maybe you could try these 2. They are not replacement, they can only be comfort.

Default Re: Is Dolce and Gabbana BY woman still hard to find?

I'm about to pick up the 3 I just found. I'm just trying to hold out for a little more information.

I found three bottles over the weekend if anyone can help me verify its authenticity.

I want to buy it too, just holding out for more information if anybody knows anything specific to identify an authentic bottle.