Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: 12th January 2012

Morning fragrant ones!!

I've been M.I.A for a wee while (or so I've been told lol) so I thought I would make a glorious return lol

We are being told to expect severe weather here today - I doubt anything will come of it though.

My SOTD will be: Parfums MDCI - Ambre Topkapi

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Last edited by fragranceman88; 12th January 2013 at 07:39 AM.

Default Re: SOTD: 12th January 2012

Douce Amere for me.
    Happy Saturday to all!

Good morning!.Enjoy your weekend!
    ..vintage

Wearing Hermes Rose Ikebana Today. Got it last week in a sample swap

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good to have you back, fragranceman88!! (Now, we just have to get Twolf back...Yoo-hoo, Woolfie!)

Hugs to((Mike)) and anyone else in need of them.

Too early for scent. Woke up munchie and achey, took some Tylenol, am eating a yogurt and then back to bed.

Blog Entries

Morning all, good to see you fragranceman!

No SOTD yet, l'm only just up after a good long sleep. l've got the weekend off, so l'm not in any rush to get moving. Cloudy & wet again today, boo!

l know some of you are probably sick of us Brits moaning about the weather, but really, the last few months have seen apocalyptic levels of rain in some areas, with thousands of homes flooded. ln the coastal town of Whitby, there has been a landslip in the church cemetery, causing human bones to fall onto the homes at the bottom of the cliff below.
    And doctors are reporting a sharp rise in cases of rickets, due to vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunshine.
    This is serious stuff people, we neeeeeeeeeed some sunshine!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Nice to see you again, Fragranceman!

Feel better, ((((30R)))) xxoo

Teardrop, that's awful! I hope good weather is headed your way ASAP.

SOTD is Caron Royal Bain de Champagne

More hugs for all who could use them and best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Grey Flannel this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Femme (Rochas) vtg perfume oil today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Hello all. PG No14 Iris Taizo.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: 12th January 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

30 Roses: Hope you feel better soon!

SOTD/SOTE is Carnal Flower.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Woke up munchie and achey, took some Tylenol, am eating a yogurt and then back to bed.
    Oh, baby, you're doing the right thing. Back to your blankets. Entertain lovely fantasies while your body heals itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l know some of you are probably sick of us Brits moaning about the weather, but really, the last few months have seen apocalyptic levels of rain in some areas, with thousands of homes flooded. ln the coastal town of Whitby, there has been a landslip in the church cemetery, causing human bones to fall onto the homes at the bottom of the cliff below.
    And doctors are reporting a sharp rise in cases of rickets, due to vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunshine.
    Really? I had no idea it was that bad. I have no memory of such a mild January as we're having. Today again, it feels like spring. As nice as it is for us personally, I am concerned about the adaptations for plants, animals, insects, and our shortage of precipitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone here watch Stephen Colbert? Did you see his story about the guy who had personal relations with a couch out on the street? (Sex with a sectional.) As Colbert reported, that happened in Waukesha, my hometown. Remember what I'd just said about the degradation of Sephora and my not relating to the local populace? (Hangs head in shame.)

I've been neglecting Attache-Moi. I know Mr. Q will perk up his nostrils when he catches a whiff.
    Hugs to everybody.
    Last edited by Quarry; 12th January 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries

tdem; thanks! And Q, yes it really is that bad. l forgot to mention the crops rotting in the saturated fields, causing the prices of many kinds of produce to rise sharply due to their scarcity, & what is available to be of poor quality & low in nutrients.
    There have been widespread outbreaks of something called the Norovirus, causing many hospital wards to close, due to the mild, wet weather. l also wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people are suffering from depression related to seasonal affective disorder.

Sorry to be so gloomy everyone, but honestly, something has got to give!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Sieste by Fragonard

I know some of you are probably sick of us Brits moaning about the weather, but really, the last few months have seen apocalyptic levels of rain in some areas, with thousands of homes flooded. ln the coastal town of Whitby, there has been a landslip in the church cemetery, causing human bones to fall onto the homes at the bottom of the cliff below.
    The landslip news made me shiver, horrible! Praying for sunshine in England!
    Wearing Tabu today, comfortable as old shoes.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Tylenol and a bit more sleep helped, thanks everyone. I think I'm feeling the rain in my bones.

That sounds like some serious sunlight deprivation in the UK!! Everybody there: take 2000 IU of Vit. D daily!

SotD is not picked yet. Daughter wants to go to the mall and I may go scentless in order to try stuff (but I don't seem to be finding much worth trying these days.)

Expecting snow this weekend here in the UK! Brrrr....

Keeping warm in Profvmvm Roma Dolcis in fundo

Feel better soon 30 roses!

Morning all, good to see you fragranceman!

No SOTD yet, l'm only just up after a good long sleep. l've got the weekend off, so l'm not in any rush to get moving. Cloudy & wet again today, boo!

My sympathies...If I could somehow exchange half of our sunny weather for your moisture it would have been great for everyone. Here we have so much sun and no rain that our skin cracks like a lizard's. Gallons of body lotions do not help.

House twin with tdem1961 in Caron Bellodgia modern EdT.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I am testing the new Kerosene fragrance: Unknown Pleasures today. Yum. This is a very well-balanced gourmand fragrance. It's very cozy and comforting; honey-sweet but not cloying at all. The tea adds a slight smoky note. It's a BIG winner for me.

Notes: Earl Gray Tea, lemon, bergamot, honeycomb, tonka bean, caramel, vanilla and waffle cone.

Sending get well wishes for those not quite up to snuff, sunshine for those in the UK, and hugs for all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh no, another I need to test, thanks Shades! Hehe.

No scent but kinda did a quick sniff out of the vial of Jo Mo's Rose Water and Vanilla, I got mainly vanilla, a lot of it! And musk.

Hugs to everyone and hoping for that sun in the U.K!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Because of another thread I was wondering if I own any rollers. I do. One. It's the perfume oil by Justice Bodan. It was my leather awakening two years back when I discovered it in a little jewellery shop in L.A. Actually it's my summer leather fragrance.

Banned

are we paying some debts to the nature? Austrailia is in flames, China is freezing, Jordan had some snow ,imbalances are everywhere BUT
    After the rain must come the sun,

Am happy we have normal situation here , it was nice cold and sunny day, hugs to everyone in need!
    Sacrebleu here today

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

L'Heure Bleue EDP
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Wearing Hermes Rose Ikebana Today. Got it last week in a sample swap

Lucky you - such a great fragrance!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the sunshine wishes, folks!

SOTE is Ginger by Gorilla Perfumes. l'm off out with the bf shortly to try out a new Indian restaurant nearby. We've heard it's even better than our current favourite, & l've got a craving for something hot & spicy!

Dear teardrop - how awful that you're experiencing terrible weather and all of those consequences! I hope something gives soon!

Edit: Just saw your last post...hot and spicy Indian food should help ward off any germs and beam a ray of light on you! Yum, yum. Enjoy.

I wore Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia to the gym this morning. Very lovely, and quite energizing. I treated myself to a salad at Chipotle (with the huge scoop of guacamole!) afterwards, and just finished my coffee. Can it get any better than this? I think I'll stay with Tuberose Gardenia after my shower.

Enjoy the day everyone.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Rose Etoile de Hollande
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Fell behind on SotD yesterday but am caught up now!

Hugs and miss yous to MikeP and Twolf.
    Hugs and sunshine to teardrop!
    And hugs to anyone else who needs or just wants one!

30R, here you were trying to help me out this morning with that sample pass and I didn't even know you were feeling achey. I appreciate it so very much! Hope the aches are on the run now.

Quarry, that man and his couch, wow! Disgusting. What are people thinking? I know it's cringeworthy for you but believe me, every town has at least one of them! Have to admit, it did make me giggle a little! People just never cease to amaze me.

I'm in a bit of Sarrasins this afternoon. Off to the park because we must be the one place on Earth having decent weather. Of course, it's likely only because of climate change. It should be nasty here now, next week sounds like it will be.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the joints are not happy with the raw, wet cooler weather this weekend. Thank heaven for ibuprofen and Tylenol.

I decided to go to the mall (soon-- daughter finally finished her homework) already scented. Having decanted some Amouage Gold this morning for the sample pass, I am now wearing the same scent myself.

Evening all. Day 12 ans fragrance 13 is Neela Vermiere Trayee. Speechless!

Dzongkha L'Artisan Parfumeur

Blog Entries

SotA - Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens (from a sample)

DSH Cordial this evening.

Basenotes Plus

Scent of Peace earlier today.....Caron Accord 119 tonight.

Rain, freezing rain, sleet (not sure what the difference is between these two) & then snow here in St Louis tonight.

Blog Entries

SOTD: APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE:

Creed Aventus.

Having visited Sephora two days in a row (I work nearby at the mall), I am sampling Hypnotic Poison by Dior- LOVE IT!- and Prada Infusion d'Iris Parfum Absolu. Yesterday the kind and friendly sales guy made me samples of Stella by Stella McCartney and the aforementioned Prada. I've enjoyed all of them, and as I've tried a few other scents as well in the past couple of days, my nose is getting a little overloaded.

Tried to post yesterday but had technical difficulties. May be my internet connection to blame. Hope all are well!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

JXXV