Code of Conduct

Thread: Is this Kouros?

Default Is this Kouros?

Hi all, I smelt Kouros today at boots chemist but not sure which Kouros it was,it just said Kouros eau de toilette on the bottle,the bottle was white. The reason I ask is because they also had a limited edition Kouros in a white box. The fragrance itself was not how I expected Kouros to smell at all having heard how dirty Kouros smells,this smelt awful initially but 5 mins later dried down to what was definately a musk scent

Default Re: Is this Kouros?

check the base of the bottle : silver metal (oldKouros) or enamel white (new Kouros) ?

Sounds like it!

thanks,was a little confused as I have always heard people say how stinky dirty kouros is but once it had dried down it didnt seem that way at all,just smelt like a nice musk,not divisive at all

Quote Originally Posted by shoulderpet View Post
    thanks,was a little confused as I have always heard people say how stinky dirty kouros is but once it had dried down it didnt seem that way at all,just smelt like a nice musk,not divisive at all
    Do you think you'll wind up getting it?

I think so yes,definately on my wish list

Banned
    Blog Entries

There's only one way to find out.

Spray the bottle you have and go to a bar.

If you don't have 5 women flirting and grinding with you at once, then it's fake.

Seriously though, it sounds like it's authentic. I don't see any reason why companies want to counterfeit a fragrance that isn't sold in stores.

It was more that I wasn't sure whether it was the original kouros or the limited edition as they had both but yeah I can definately see this attracting attention lol

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

You really need to get a chance to smell the vintage Kouros. It's a wonderfully complex juice. I love it!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Searching this fragrance on basenotes,seems there is a civet note to this,does anybody know if this is real civet or synthetic? It says natural spray on the front of the bottle but in the world of fragrance that could mean almost anything

Quote Originally Posted by shoulderpet View Post
    That's because those people are wrong.
    Enjoy an amazing fragrance!

Natural spray doesn't really mean anything, and it doesn't refer to the naturalness of the ingredients. Real civet has been substituted in modern mainstream perfumes by synthetic reconstructions.

Regarding the dirtyness, recent Kouros has been tamed down, but it's still musky. Remember that musks can be tricky molecules, because everybody is hypresensitive or anosmic to some. So it might well be that you are not very sensitive to one of the musks used in the formula. but many other people will be.

cacio

Overcome By Fumes

The phrase "natural spray" does mean something, a very specific something, but has nothing to do with the ingredients of the fragrance.

It means the spray is pressurized and activated only by the force of your compression on the sprayer to squirt the liquid in single squirts, as opposed to a pressurized aerosol container which will continue to emit spray as long as you hold the sprayer down.

thanks for clarifying,so confusing some of the terms used

People say it's stinky a lot (hyperbole imo). One of them was my gf who claimed it smells like a cat's bottom. This weekend I disregarded such talk and, knowing that she is a woman of impeccable taste usually, put on some Kouros. Whilst not her top favourite, she actually did enjoy it.

Cacio, thank you for your reply,so you would say that the civet in this is synthetic?

I personally perceive Kouros as an incredibly clean and sweet smelling fragrance. I don't get the "dirty" connection at all.....or the urine connection. If fragrances emit a colour, then Kouros to me is as white as the purest of snows.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "